Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620922 times)

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.4.0 10/3/09 see first post)
« Reply #360 on: October 06, 2009, 08:36:33 pm »

Just found a minor bug. Dwarves that are ambushing/invading show up if you press Read Dwarves while they're still on the map/alive/caged.

Sadly, I think this is actually a problem with Df 40d, what with the dwarves being reported as part of the site, but hostile.
I saw that bug report. Please attach a savegame showing this problem to the ticket and I will investigate.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.4.1 10/6/09 see first post)
« Reply #361 on: October 07, 2009, 02:01:48 am »

Since issue 112 and 114 were such ugly bugs I have released 0.4.1 a bit early.
See first post for the changelog.

Also here's a bit of a teaser showing off the new group by migration-wave, and details screen with dwarf traits!
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 01:32:13 am by chmod »

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 07, 2009, 02:13:12 am »

This is looking several flavours of awesome. :) Can't wait!
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #363 on: October 07, 2009, 02:15:15 am »

This is looking several flavours of awesome. :) Can't wait!
Guess what just finished burning? The Ubuntu 9 64bit iso. I will see if I can re-partition my bigger drive to install it on natively.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 07, 2009, 02:24:46 am »

Oh my goodness...  If only real life had such tools.

It's honestly no longer a mere tool, it looks to me like a work of art.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 07, 2009, 03:00:39 am »

Would you die in magma for that?  ;D
Finis sanctificat media.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 07, 2009, 03:04:45 am »

Everyone has to go somehow.  And hey if you gotta go... free cremation never hurts!
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 07, 2009, 03:08:32 am »

Everyone has to go somehow.  And hey if you gotta go... free cremation never hurts!
Not only somehow, but somewhen, and this is more important. And with this tool in real life there's chance to die young. ;-))
Finis sanctificat media.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #368 on: October 07, 2009, 06:55:10 pm »

Solved issue 9 today, and found current job/idle state per dwarf. I was thinking of adding a new special column type called "Idler" that would show a checkmark or something in a cell if that dwarf didn't have a current job to do.

I was also going to add a new group by "Current Job" setting to quickly find all of your idlers.

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 07, 2009, 07:44:20 pm »

Bingo, I think most people would find a simple Idle flag that we can sort with very useful.  A current job flag would be more sophisticated so long as it sorts with Idle at the top then it would be equally usable.  An alternative though might be to somehow Highlight (perhaps in Red) the box of the profession currently being used, but it may not be possible to determine that from game data, also their are things like eating and sleeping which don't have a profession (can you imagine a level 9 Sleeper? and you thought the Social skills were useless).
Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 08, 2009, 12:07:19 am »

Another idea, allow an Icon to substitute for the vertical on-its-side profession title on columns.  Their are a great number of graphics sets which people make and use and become habituated with and this would provide a quicker more visual 'read' on the profession columns.  Allowing people to load these icons perhaps in a large paged block format would be a handy bit of customization.  I have a full set of Dystopia Rhetoric derived Dwarf Icons which include every single profession that you could use as a default set if your interested.
Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download

Dr. Melon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 08, 2009, 01:35:37 pm »

Dwarf Therapist just won't open for me.
Nothing unusual is in the logs (i.e, it says it's open. Trace just tells me it finished loading the english translation). I've tried with Dwarf Fortress open, with Dwarf Fortress running an actual fortress, and without Dwarf Fortress.
Nothing happens upon attempting to run the executable.

On Windows XP SP3 here, by the way.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2009, 01:38:35 pm by Dr. Melon »

ChocoHearts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.4.0 10/3/09 see first post)
« Reply #372 on: October 08, 2009, 07:18:25 pm »

And a minor request: is there a way to make DT show the dwarf's current task?
While this has been requested before, I don't understand why. It updates too often to be of any real use. I guess the novelty of seeing the jobs in another tool is good, but what's wrong with pressing "u" in game?
Well, say I know I need a stack or ten of booze. I want to sort my dorfs in DT by brewer skill, and assign the one with the highest skill to do nothing but brew.

Ok, I commit changes, hop back into DF... and wouldn't you know it, he's on break, and will be for the rest of the season. Then my dorfs get mad 'cause they don't have any booze, and before you know it, tantrums. :(

So... yeah, I want to know what all my dorfs are doing without having to switch back and forth between game and DT.
Feeling dumb is just nature's way of telling you you're still learning.
Elfy McElf: We are here to hug trees and kill dwarves. And it's your fault we are all out of trees.

AbuDhabi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 09, 2009, 01:17:19 am »

Nothing unusual is in the logs (i.e, it says it's open. Trace just tells me it finished loading the english translation). I've tried with Dwarf Fortress open, with Dwarf Fortress running an actual fortress, and without Dwarf Fortress.
Nothing happens upon attempting to run the executable.

On Windows XP SP3 here, by the way.

Same here.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #374 on: October 09, 2009, 01:41:02 am »

Bingo, I think most people would find a simple Idle flag that we can sort with very useful.  A current job flag would be more sophisticated so long as it sorts with Idle at the top then it would be equally usable.
Here's what I've got so far...

The red dot means idle, I posted another thread here asking for someone to help me with the icons (http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=43059.0)

An alternative though might be to somehow Highlight (perhaps in Red) the box of the profession currently being used, but it may not be possible to determine that from game data, also their are things like eating and sleeping which don't have a profession (can you imagine a level 9 Sleeper? and you thought the Social skills were useless).
It would be possible to maybe put a little asterisk in the cell for the skill being used, but it might be visual overload, there is already the skill drawing inside the cell, the background color, the active/inactive color, the dirty cell border, the main border, and the selection guide borders! :) Not sure what else we can do to a cell.

Another idea, allow an Icon to substitute for the vertical on-its-side profession title on columns.  Their are a great number of graphics sets which people make and use and become habituated with and this would provide a quicker more visual 'read' on the profession columns.  Allowing people to load these icons perhaps in a large paged block format would be a handy bit of customization.  I have a full set of Dystopia Rhetoric derived Dwarf Icons which include every single profession that you could use as a default set if your interested.
Can you open a ticket for this one? This is a great idea.

@Dr.Melon & @AbuDhabi
I have seen the bugs filed for this. I am working on getting an XP machine to play with. Sorry it's not working for you!

And a minor request: is there a way to make DT show the dwarf's current task?
While this has been requested before, I don't understand why. It updates too often to be of any real use. I guess the novelty of seeing the jobs in another tool is good, but what's wrong with pressing "u" in game?
Well, say I know I need a stack or ten of booze. I want to sort my dorfs in DT by brewer skill, and assign the one with the highest skill to do nothing but brew.

Ok, I commit changes, hop back into DF... and wouldn't you know it, he's on break, and will be for the rest of the season. Then my dorfs get mad 'cause they don't have any booze, and before you know it, tantrums. :(

So... yeah, I want to know what all my dorfs are doing without having to switch back and forth between game and DT.
You win! I have tried to implement a best of both worlds. For those of us who just want to sort by idlers and make them do stuff, the new job column is a regular sized (16px) column with icons for the job type. And since it uses icons for job groups, those of you who want to see what they're doing can see a general icon in the column, and hover over it for a full description. I have also included the full description in the dwarf details dock window.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 124