Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620915 times)

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.4.0 10/3/09 see first post)
« Reply #345 on: October 04, 2009, 09:39:08 pm »

You are doing fantastic work. This just keeps getting better and better.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ChocoHearts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: October 04, 2009, 10:19:28 pm »

This is an AWESOME tool. Thank you a billion. :D

And a minor request: is there a way to make DT show the dwarf's current task?
Feeling dumb is just nature's way of telling you you're still learning.
Elfy McElf: We are here to hug trees and kill dwarves. And it's your fault we are all out of trees.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.3.2 9/13/09 see first post)
« Reply #347 on: October 04, 2009, 10:27:52 pm »

Without having read the thread: It would be useful to see the current job my dwarves are doing, so I can reallocate all those lazy idlers.

The sad part is that we need a memory injector in the first place :/
Yea there is already an open feature request for that.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.

ChocoHearts

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.3.2 9/13/09 see first post)
« Reply #348 on: October 05, 2009, 06:03:08 pm »

Without having read the thread: It would be useful to see the current job my dwarves are doing, so I can reallocate all those lazy idlers.

The sad part is that we need a memory injector in the first place :/
Yea there is already an open feature request for that.
Bwahahaha... now if only I could read... :D
Feeling dumb is just nature's way of telling you you're still learning.
Elfy McElf: We are here to hug trees and kill dwarves. And it's your fault we are all out of trees.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #349 on: October 05, 2009, 11:46:08 pm »

This is an AWESOME tool. Thank you a billion. :D
You're welcome :)

While this has been requested before, I don't understand why. It updates too often to be of any real use. I guess the novelty of seeing the jobs in another tool is good, but what's wrong with pressing "u" in game?

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: October 06, 2009, 02:32:31 am »

Hmmm... well, my "heartbeat" issue is not in this release, and neither is the "All Dwarves are Female" issue) but now it will only let me change the labors of certain (very few) Dwarves, and the difference appears to be completely arbitrary - so far, at least.  I know changing labors for nobles and children is out now, and that's not my problem.  It's more like DT picks a few Dwarves it will work with, and will read but refuse to alter all the others.

I may break down and make that google account after all.  DT's too awesome not to use (much thanks and all that! ;D ), and I don't care to be stuck with version 0.3.1.
Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #351 on: October 06, 2009, 02:34:59 am »

Hmmm... well, my "heartbeat" issue is not in this release, and neither is the "All Dwarves are Female" issue) but now it will only let me change the labors of certain (very few) Dwarves, and the difference appears to be completely arbitrary - so far, at least.  I know changing labors for nobles and children is out now, and that's not my problem.  It's more like DT picks a few Dwarves it will work with, and will read but refuse to alter all the others.

I may break down and make that google account after all.  DT's too awesome not to use (much thanks and all that! ;D ), and I don't care to be stuck with version 0.3.1.
http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/issues/detail?id=114 Does that sound like your bug? If so, I've fixed it in the current build, and it's severe enough to require a release very soon. Probably tomorrow.

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: October 06, 2009, 02:57:10 am »

It does, indeed.  My original hypothesis was that all custom professions were locked out, but secondary testing of this proved false; SOME of my custom profession Dwarves could still be altered.  However, I was not very scientific about it and neglected to do thorough testing on default-prof Dwarves.

But yes, it does sound like my issue.  I'm glad to hear it's already taken care of.   :D
Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: October 06, 2009, 03:25:33 am »

chmod: A possible feature for you, Is it possible to find the flag for "Idle", DF is keeping track of the total Idle count and even lists it as a prominent "NO JOB", if this is indeed a boolean some ware it would be handy to see in the manager.  Even better would be to see the current activity field but thats probably asking a bit much.
Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: October 06, 2009, 01:43:29 pm »

chmod: A possible feature for you, Is it possible to find the flag for "Idle", DF is keeping track of the total Idle count and even lists it as a prominent "NO JOB", if this is indeed a boolean some ware it would be handy to see in the manager.  Even better would be to see the current activity field but thats probably asking a bit much.
I totally support that idea! Did you already file a feature request? Otherwise, I'll do it!
Seeing which of your dwarves don't have anything to do would be extremely handy indeed. At 60+ dwarves it gets pretty annoying to scroll through the "u"-list, remember all the "No Job" dwarves and finding them again in DT just to change their professions so that they do have a job.

Impaler[WrG]

• Bay Watcher
  • Khazad Project Leader
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: October 06, 2009, 02:05:13 pm »

On closer inspection is looks like it was already on the list, but its for the Full current Job field which I think is a lot.  Just getting a flag on Idle would be enough.  It looks like this is currently a low priority enhancement, sorry for not reading the feature requests first, but please do consider bumping this up in priority.

http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/issues/detail?id=9

Khazad the Isometric Fortress Engine
Extract forts from DF, load and save them to file and view them in full 3D

Khazad Home Thread
Khazad v0.0.5 Download

Jetlaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: October 06, 2009, 07:04:19 pm »

Just as something completely off topic - Does anyone else have trouble reading "Dwarf Therapist" instead of "Dwarf The Rapist"?

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #357 on: October 06, 2009, 07:13:58 pm »

Just as something completely off topic - Does anyone else have trouble reading "Dwarf Therapist" instead of "Dwarf The Rapist"?
Nah, that was the point. It rapes RAM for a living.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #358 on: October 06, 2009, 07:42:02 pm »

Quote from: Jetlaw link=topic=39229.msg799721#msg799721 date=

So I get notifications from this thread and that's exactly what I say outloud everytime I get an update. Definately get some interesting responses.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Deadbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: October 06, 2009, 07:56:44 pm »

Just found a minor bug. Dwarves that are ambushing/invading show up if you press Read Dwarves while they're still on the map/alive/caged.

Sadly, I think this is actually a problem with Df 40d, what with the dwarves being reported as part of the site, but hostile.
Quote from: chmod
SEX AND HAPPINESS NOW REPORTING CORRECTLY!
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 124