Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620959 times)

tefalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Priest of Syrinx
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.3.1 8/19/09 see first post)
« Reply #285 on: September 12, 2009, 06:24:21 am »

1) Ability to delete custom professions, and/or edit existing ones - they start stackin' up, some with the same names, and only option currently is to delete/re-install fresh copy.  (Or a more clear/intuitive way - right click??)

Uh... isn't that already done? RMB for edit/delete of professions.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #286 on: September 12, 2009, 01:23:31 pm »

It would be even better if someone opened a feature request ticket for it! Seriously guys, I don't read every page of this thread when I'm working on this, but I do read my open ticket list.

Tried, it wouldn't let me click the "Submit" button. So...
Were you logged in to a google account? Sorry to be a dick about it, but replying inline in this thread to every point takes too long. Can you try making these again?

P.S. I did make this one: http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/issues/detail?id=83

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 12, 2009, 01:46:54 pm »

Making your own Views and Sets (making DT present labors/columns how you want them to):

Posted back on Page 9, a few versions old but i believe the workflows here for new creating your own sets/views is the same in the current version(s):

http://screencast.com/t/UoW2MEVF

Since Mod has coded in an import/export function for views and sets, which is not shown here as it wasn't available in this version. This should help getting folks started on making their own views/sets, import/export should be pretty easy to self-learn from there.
Hope this helps.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 01:50:00 pm by lodester »

Stephen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 12, 2009, 10:13:39 pm »

I'd like to encourage/beg anyone with a Mac and Mac coding experience to work with chmod to get a Mac version of this!  I'm using MacForeman, which is better than nothing, but it's woefully lacking in some key features.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.3.2 9/13/09 see first post)
« Reply #289 on: September 13, 2009, 08:21:22 pm »

0.3.2 is up! See first post for details!

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 13, 2009, 08:29:29 pm »

Good to see work being done on this, and I hope it can translate into a new Linux build in not too long.

And, for the record, thank you for working on that Linux version. In light of other tools gravitating toward Windows-only toolkits, having something to make DF life easier on other OSes is greatly appreciated.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #291 on: September 13, 2009, 08:31:33 pm »

Good to see work being done on this, and I hope it can translate into a new Linux build in not too long.

And, for the record, thank you for working on that Linux version. In light of other tools gravitating toward Windows-only toolkits, having something to make DF life easier on other OSes is greatly appreciated.
The first release candidate for Linux should be ready within a week. And yes it will benefit from all of these changes. :)

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: September 13, 2009, 08:36:20 pm »

I look forward to it. :) R202 was... frustratingly close, for me, but the way it fails on my machine is just not worth it unless I have some specific direction for trying to fix it. It looks like a reasonable system, I just couldn't really get into it to try it out properly.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Deadbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 13, 2009, 08:39:44 pm »

This is most awesome ch. I like the new tooltip that pops up when you hover over a skill.

Also, the numbers version looks very nice. I have 4 legendary+5: two miners and two engravers. One of the miners has 101.9% experience. Awesome. I do believe that you have outdone yourself this time.
Quote from: chmod
SEX AND HAPPINESS NOW REPORTING CORRECTLY!

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #294 on: September 13, 2009, 09:27:37 pm »

I look forward to it. :) R202 was... frustratingly close, for me, but the way it fails on my machine is just not worth it unless I have some specific direction for trying to fix it. It looks like a reasonable system, I just couldn't really get into it to try it out properly.
Yea there are some show-stoppers still in linux land. I'll be knocking them out ASAP now that this windows version is done.

This is most awesome ch. I like the new tooltip that pops up when you hover over a skill.

Also, the numbers version looks very nice. I have 4 legendary+5: two miners and two engravers. One of the miners has 101.9% experience. Awesome. I do believe that you have outdone yourself this time.
Yea I like those tooltips my self :) Have you seen the new tooltip when you hover over dwarf names? Full skill breakdown with exp!

Notice to all: I just realized then I put a pretty stupid bug in the exp percentage display. The % progress is incorrect and is showing all_time_exp/exp_to_next_level which is flat wrong. I might have to release a 0.3.3 version very soon.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 13, 2009, 09:48:53 pm »

Uh... isn't that already done? RMB for edit/delete of professions.

Yes and no.

Been messing with some of the inner-workings, making a custom profile, etc. 

You can't delete from the pop-up when you go to add a new prof to a dwarf (where I'd been trying).  Only from the "custom profession dock", which I had seen no reason to bring up - then lmb works, np.

k, nm.

Were you logged in to a google account? Sorry to be a dick about it, but replying inline in this thread to every point takes too long. Can you try making these again?

P.S. I did make this one: http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/issues/detail?id=83

No worries, understand completely.

Yes, logged in (I use g-mail and my home page is custom google, always logged in.)

Dunno...

njero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 13, 2009, 09:51:04 pm »

I haven't loaded the new version up yet, but thank you for working in those experience display requests.

You, and your project, rock.
these aren't buzzards, they're cliff racers!

YojimboUsaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 13, 2009, 09:53:15 pm »

Outstanding work!!!!

Legendary piece of work there.

Yoj

njero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 13, 2009, 10:50:31 pm »

Loaded it up, love the changes.

The right-click to enable/disable group option doesn't seem to be working for me either. I'm off to bed, but I'll check back when I can tomorrow to see about giving some better debugging info.
these aren't buzzards, they're cliff racers!

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 14, 2009, 12:12:49 am »

Ha!

Figured out how to export the custom grid I'd made into the new version - coolio!

Thx for the featurez upgrade!  El woot grande!

(And logged out/in, bug report working now - submitted 2 minor.)
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 124