Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620951 times)

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.3.1 8/19/09 see first post)
« Reply #270 on: September 10, 2009, 09:08:16 pm »

You can right click a labor to set/unset the entire group. This works on any set, not just hauling.

Right but I mean to disable health care, animal hauling, wood hauling, item huling, food hauling, stone hauling, refuse hauling, furniture hauling, cleaning, and burial all in one stroke instead of 10 separate clicks.

Sometimes I may want one of my smiths to do just weaponsmithing or what have you and nothing else, but may want the other smiths to haul when they're not doing another smithing relevant job that's of lower priority (black smithing for instance).  Or vice versa.  It'd be nice to one click it.

Also another advantage DM has over DT is that you can assign someone to a profession without setting the skills of that profession.  A lot of the time I'll take, say, a butcher or leatherworker or someone and stick them in the hauler profession.  Their primary job is hauling, but I still want them to do the other job as well.  currently it deselects any non-related skills to the custom profession and you have to manually re-assign them. 
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 10, 2009, 09:14:41 pm »

I'm not sure about health care, offhand, but the others DO all get included in the right-click option. That's eactly what's being discussed. It's not one-click, no, but it is TWO-click.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

smbh

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 10, 2009, 09:23:46 pm »

I've added d16 , both ini and the checksum in game_data.ini. It says it is connected to DF d16 yet nothing shows up, click on Read Dwarfs produces no results.

Gertack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 10, 2009, 10:59:30 pm »

Tried R202 for Linux.  Overall sexy.

Problems:
1) It's picking up deceased dwarves in the job list. It has a goblin in the jobs list, or I think it is: "Osnun Nobgostamid".  Also a lasher, probably human.
2) Not loading jobs for the nobility (that I had set long, long ago with Dwarf Manager).
3) Expand/collapse arrow on left in "Group by" mode needs more space -- really small target to hit.
4) Would be nice to have a "global enable/disable" row at the top like the "Group by" mode has per group.  I like to enable health care and animal care on everybody, or hauling stuff.

Would it be possible to set custom jobs on dwarves if the custom jobs already exist on another dwarf? (I had originally played on Windows with Dwarf Mananger and set some.)

(I'll issue-tize these tomorrow, if needed.)

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 10, 2009, 11:00:28 pm »

I'm not sure about health care, offhand, but the others DO all get included in the right-click option. That's eactly what's being discussed. It's not one-click, no, but it is TWO-click.

Then I have no idea what you're talking about.  I'm right clicking the icons and nothing is coming up except "toggle (skill) for (person)". 

Anyhow, other suggestions:
In the change list, have it able to remove the changes by clicking where it lists out everything. 

And in the happy meter, have the faces turn red when they're unhappy.  Hard to tell at a glance who's petting flowers and who's going to jump me in an alley.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 11:02:33 pm by Shiv »

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 10, 2009, 11:08:45 pm »

Are you sure it's only referring to a single skill? I can't remember how it displays. Try it and see what happens?
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

pugi

• Bay Watcher
  • I reject your reality and substitute my own
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 11, 2009, 07:19:52 am »

I've added d16 , both ini and the checksum in game_data.ini. It says it is connected to DF d16 yet nothing shows up, click on Read Dwarfs produces no results.
I had the same problem first, but then i tried renaming the d16.ini to v0.28.181.40d16.ini (like the other ones are called) and it worked :)

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 11, 2009, 04:26:23 pm »

Are you sure it's only referring to a single skill? I can't remember how it displays. Try it and see what happens?

I did try and it only deselects that one skill upon right click and then when I click the toggle option, nothing else happens, neither on the changes list nor in the main window.

Also does assigning weapons usage not work through DT?

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #278 on: September 11, 2009, 08:54:02 pm »

You can right click a labor to set/unset the entire group. This works on any set, not just hauling.

Right but I mean to disable health care, animal hauling, wood hauling, item huling, food hauling, stone hauling, refuse hauling, furniture hauling, cleaning, and burial all in one stroke instead of 10 separate clicks.
I still think you're missing the feature we're talking about. http://www.screencast.com/users/chmod/folders/Jing/media/26f7d86a-c83d-4af4-9969-88a5c9b228d6 Watch around 3:30 of that video. Let me know if that behavior isn't working for you.

Sometimes I may want one of my smiths to do just weaponsmithing or what have you and nothing else, but may want the other smiths to haul when they're not doing another smithing relevant job that's of lower priority (black smithing for instance).  Or vice versa.  It'd be nice to one click it.

Also another advantage DM has over DT is that you can assign someone to a profession without setting the skills of that profession.  A lot of the time I'll take, say, a butcher or leatherworker or someone and stick them in the hauler profession.  Their primary job is hauling, but I still want them to do the other job as well.  currently it deselects any non-related skills to the custom profession and you have to manually re-assign them. 
Well there's nothing stopping you from not using DT's custom professions. You can still give them custom profession text in the game and then set their skills however you like. I guess I'm not sure what you're asking for.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #279 on: September 11, 2009, 08:56:42 pm »

Tried R202 for Linux.  Overall sexy.

Problems:
1) It's picking up deceased dwarves in the job list. It has a goblin in the jobs list, or I think it is: "Osnun Nobgostamid".  Also a lasher, probably human.
2) Not loading jobs for the nobility (that I had set long, long ago with Dwarf Manager).
3) Expand/collapse arrow on left in "Group by" mode needs more space -- really small target to hit.
4) Would be nice to have a "global enable/disable" row at the top like the "Group by" mode has per group.  I like to enable health care and animal care on everybody, or hauling stuff.

Would it be possible to set custom jobs on dwarves if the custom jobs already exist on another dwarf? (I had originally played on Windows with Dwarf Mananger and set some.)

(I'll issue-tize these tomorrow, if needed.)
Glad it worked for you. As mentioned in the LinuxVersion page not everything works. For instance there is no filtering/incorrect filtering on creatures in the linux version. So all sorts of random things will show up in there.

Size of the expand collapse is from your OS. I just use what windows/linux gives me. You can also double-click group name to expand it.

RE: the global add labor thing: Would you ever actually use that? It doesn't seem to be common enough behavior to take up main UI space.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #280 on: September 11, 2009, 08:57:09 pm »

I did try and it only deselects that one skill upon right click and then when I click the toggle option, nothing else happens, neither on the changes list nor in the main window.

Also does assigning weapons usage not work through DT?
Not yet.

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 11, 2009, 11:25:26 pm »

Also it took me a while playing with the Labors menu and VPView (which I still dont' know what it's there for?) to realize they're not exactly the same menu.  In other words, I think Labors has more than VPview.  Not sure why that is, and I don't know that it does (haven't compared them systematically) but I couldn't find fish dissection in VP view, for example.  I thought VP took out extraneous skills that weren't really that useful (like fish dissection) but then I noticed fish cleaning isn't in VP either and that's quite a useful skill.
The VP view was user contributed, and is just another way to look at labors/skills. The point of including it was to show that you can create as many views as you want. I'm not really too sure of the logic around that view (LODE can you tell us about it?)

Wow Shiv. Okay, the VPView is simply a customized view i made - anyone can make these. You can sort and present the labors literally any way you want, on multiple tabs, or all on one, any color arrangement you fancy.

The VPView is my attempt to weed out the useless labors, like cheesemaking and alchemy. They remain present on the Labors view.

Shiv, let me re-state this to assist you.

You can make many tabs , or "views". These can have any number of SETS. SETS are a collection of Labors.

If you so desire, you can make 10 different views (tabs), all defined by the same single set, in that single set you can define 40 labors, all of them Cheesemaking. You can even make the background color the same as the text color if this is your preference.

I posted a screencast video explaining how all this works, i'm sure the link is still good. It's somewhere earlier in this thread.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 12, 2009, 01:50:40 am »

It would be even better if someone opened a feature request ticket for it! Seriously guys, I don't read every page of this thread when I'm working on this, but I do read my open ticket list.

Tried, it wouldn't let me click the "Submit" button. So...

1) Ability to delete custom professions, and/or edit existing ones - they start stackin' up, some with the same names, and only option currently is to delete/re-install fresh copy.  (Or a more clear/intuitive way - right click??)

2) Option to give custom profession names without attached labor profile.  Sometimes you want the name without a specific pre-determined labour mix.

3) Option for the default to be "All Names Expanded" upon opening.

4) Ability to filter Professions as well as Names (for combo professions, for instance - to sort "Mason/Engraver" plus "Mason" plus "Mason (axe)", or whatever.)

5) Suggestion - happiness graded by color, from black (insane) thru purple (tantrum), blue (unhappy) to greens (moderate) yellow (happy) and pink (ectstatic).  Or whatever.

6) Military & Social/Admin experience (I think this may have been listed earlier - if so, apologies & nm.)

5) And, please, a quick walk through here on these boards (maybe edited into the OP?) of the fix for Pump Operator (currently Siege Operator mk2, but only in VPView... which still makes no real sense to me.)

Of course, if any of these already exist, just slap me and point me in that general direction, thanks.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2009, 01:53:00 am by Albedo »

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 12, 2009, 02:39:30 am »

5) And, please, a quick walk through here on these boards (maybe edited into the OP?) of the fix for Pump Operator (currently Siege Operator mk2, but only in VPView... which still makes no real sense to me.)

Was just about to post this bug.

You can still assign the siege operating skill through editing the custom profession in the tabs (or just doing it in game but that defeats the purpose).

Only problem then is seeing the read out of the skill level.

Albedo

• Bay Watcher
  • Menacing with spikes of curmudgeonite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 12, 2009, 04:50:32 am »

chmod started talking about it on about page 12-13, but I didn't habla.

Oh...

8) An experience total, perhaps in the pop-up for the name of the dwarf, for keeping track/expecting additional attributes.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 124