Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620979 times)

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.3.1 8/19/09 see first post)
« Reply #255 on: September 10, 2009, 04:22:40 am »

Want it for d16 ;-)
Finis sanctificat media.

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 10, 2009, 12:15:36 pm »

Want it for d16 ;-)

Page 14/15 or around there was the memory settings for it to work with d16 :P

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 10, 2009, 12:38:03 pm »

Want it for d16 ;-)

Page 14/15 or around there was the memory settings for it to work with d16 :P
14/15?! Here's only 6 pages!  ;D

Thanks, i've found .ini on the previous page. Good, playing gets easier. ;-)
Finis sanctificat media.

Whitney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 10, 2009, 02:09:20 pm »

Didn't expect it would be released so soon after d15... here it is. I hope it works.

Attempted to use it... but didn't manage to get it to work. I admit I have no idea what I'm doing and an explanation would make it far easier.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 10, 2009, 02:15:10 pm »

Didn't expect it would be released so soon after d15... here it is. I hope it works.

Attempted to use it... but didn't manage to get it to work. I admit I have no idea what I'm doing and an explanation would make it far easier.

Add the string "0x4A9B1A72 = v0.28.181.40d16" into the game_data.ini
Finis sanctificat media.

Whitney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 10, 2009, 02:41:36 pm »

It worked. Much appreciated.  ;D

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 10, 2009, 03:17:11 pm »

Tried the latest Linux version(Ubuntu, Jaunty). Loaded OK. Tried to connect, my entire system hung - the mouse cursor would move but otherwise nothing responded.

Hard power off, reboot, try again, this time without Firefox running, sparing some resources. Connected OK. Read dwarves OK. As soon as I tried to turn my miners of hauling and commit, though, it locked up again.

:(

Edit: I should note that it's not just a matter of not accepting input, so I couldn't e.g. run it -trace and try to report. EVERYTHING stopped updating, including, say, the system monitor's CPU graph, except for the movement of the mouse pointer.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 03:18:43 pm by Shurhaian »
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 10, 2009, 03:47:32 pm »

It worked. Much appreciated.  ;D
Nothing. Glad to help. ;-)
Finis sanctificat media.

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 10, 2009, 04:17:01 pm »

Good stuff.  Not quite as intuitive as Dwarf Manager but a lot more powerful of a program. 
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #264 on: September 10, 2009, 04:37:01 pm »

Good stuff.  Not quite as intuitive as Dwarf Manager but a lot more powerful of a program. 
Out of curiosity what did you find less intuitive?

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 10, 2009, 05:53:42 pm »

Assigning professions mainly.  When I made the Miner profession and then assigned another person to that profession, the skill set of the profession was not assigned to the new person.  Also it took me a while playing with the Labors menu and VPView (which I still dont' know what it's there for?) to realize they're not exactly the same menu.  In other words, I think Labors has more than VPview.  Not sure why that is, and I don't know that it does (haven't compared them systematically) but I couldn't find fish dissection in VP view, for example.  I thought VP took out extraneous skills that weren't really that useful (like fish dissection) but then I noticed fish cleaning isn't in VP either and that's quite a useful skill.

Also you have to 'group by profession' instead of them grouping automatically. 

One suggestion as well:  it'd be nice if there was a single button at the end of the skill row (perhaps where the alchemy button was in DM) that disabled all the accessory skills (burial, hauling, etc) for that person.  Clicking 10 times whenever I wanna disable for a single dwarf can get tedious. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2009, 05:55:46 pm by Shiv »
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 10, 2009, 06:04:31 pm »

At least with hauling, if you right-click a hauling task you get a menu that lets you disable all hauling for that dwarf. I don't know how it extends beyond that - that was when it died on me. Or rather, killed my computer and went down with it.

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #267 on: September 10, 2009, 07:23:27 pm »

Thank you for the feedback. I like hearing about people's first impressions. Would startup tips, or built-in help mitigated some of this?

Assigning professions mainly.  When I made the Miner profession and then assigned another person to that profession, the skill set of the profession was not assigned to the new person.
Sounds like a regression of this bug http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/issues/detail?id=58&can=1&q=profession
Please comment on it if it is.

Also it took me a while playing with the Labors menu and VPView (which I still dont' know what it's there for?) to realize they're not exactly the same menu.  In other words, I think Labors has more than VPview.  Not sure why that is, and I don't know that it does (haven't compared them systematically) but I couldn't find fish dissection in VP view, for example.  I thought VP took out extraneous skills that weren't really that useful (like fish dissection) but then I noticed fish cleaning isn't in VP either and that's quite a useful skill.
The VP view was user contributed, and is just another way to look at labors/skills. The point of including it was to show that you can create as many views as you want. I'm not really too sure of the logic around that view (LODE can you tell us about it?)

Also you have to 'group by profession' instead of them grouping automatically.
You can group by several things, so starting out ungrouped made the most sense to me so that people will discover the option. Sounds like you discovered it, so mission accomplished :)

One suggestion as well:  it'd be nice if there was a single button at the end of the skill row (perhaps where the alchemy button was in DM) that disabled all the accessory skills (burial, hauling, etc) for that person.  Clicking 10 times whenever I wanna disable for a single dwarf can get tedious. 
You can right click a labor to set/unset the entire group. This works on any set, not just hauling.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #268 on: September 10, 2009, 07:24:00 pm »

At least with hauling, if you right-click a hauling task you get a menu that lets you disable all hauling for that dwarf. I don't know how it extends beyond that - that was when it died on me. Or rather, killed my computer and went down with it.
Please file a bug if it crashed your machine. It won't get fixed without a lot of details on the problem.

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 10, 2009, 07:33:43 pm »

Already done. Issue 81. Included the log file and as much of the information asked for on the Linux info page as I could locate.

(I'm not sure on the exact version of glibc, because there is no package called just glibc in Ubuntu's repository. Someone else mentioned 2.9, so... right ballpark anyway.)

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 124