Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 621040 times)

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.3.0 8/8/09 see first post)
« Reply #135 on: August 10, 2009, 02:25:58 pm »

Donated. This utility is awesome.
Thank you sir! Your donation is currently going towards finding the current job listing of dwarves :)

*sigh* i guess no dwarf tool for mac...ever

Kiberkiller, I'm sorry man. But I just don't have a mac, or even know anyone with one. By using C++ and Qt, DT is already close to being able to run on OSX. However someone with some compiler skills is going to have to help me out with that. I can't build for a machine I don't have.  :(

@BloodyThorn: I'm sorry about not being able to ship a pure static build. It would be well over 30MB if I static linked everything into a single exe. I too admire small apps that don't bring along the kitchen sink and their dog. However due to the wide variety of windows distributions out there (not to mention x64 vs x86) I can't just throw some extra DLLs into the package. The MSVCR90 and friends DLLs are tailored to your OS and live in the side-by-side DLL home of your windows version. Packaging them for one person will likely use the wrong ones on other peoples' versions.

I will look into a less drastic solution than static linking for you. I hope I can find a way to staticly link the windows mess, and dynamically link the other libs I need. PM me if you're open to having me email you possible builds before release. Then maybe we can nail down your situation.

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist Alpha Release (LATEST 0.1.6 see first post)
« Reply #136 on: August 11, 2009, 03:30:43 pm »

How about MacOS version?
There is no labor helping tool for mac that works.
Donate a Mac and I'll get working on it :) Til then, someone who has a mac and some programming skill is going to have to volunteer to help me out.
I can give you my macbook that some pissed off maniac punched a hole in the screen :) . he was a good friend, sigh

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2009, 01:24:06 pm »

I'm going out of town for the weekend. YAY BIRTHDAYS! Just wanted to give a quick update of where things are. I plan to do another bugfix release on Sunday.

CHANGELOG FOR NEXT RELEASE
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Peewee

• Bay Watcher
  • Watcher Of Bays
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2009, 03:22:39 pm »

GUI bug: siege operator displayed in pump operator tooltips.

Lamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • isock.deviantart.com
« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2009, 06:09:49 pm »

Happy birthday, chmod!

new release's looking good :)
I would like to point out that this is not DF 3.0, but DF 0.3.

Bjiip

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Worldsmith
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 15, 2009, 04:55:24 am »

Is there a way to activate an entire category (for instance, all gem labors, or all hauling) with a single click?  If not, I'd recommend that feature: making it so that you can enable/disable a column set the same way as a skill.

(I regularly enable or disable hauling on certain dwarves.  Clicking 8 times per dwarf sucks.)

ManaUser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 15, 2009, 11:55:36 am »

Is there a way to activate an entire category (for instance, all gem labors, or all hauling) with a single click?  If not, I'd recommend that feature: making it so that you can enable/disable a column set the same way as a skill.

I agree, that would be really handy, especially for hauling. If some way to implement that without complicating the interface too much can be found, I would really like to see that. Perhaps right-clicking. (Or shift+clicking, or triple-clicking, or something.)

Akur Akir Akam!

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #142 on: August 15, 2009, 12:04:59 pm »

I'd like to second the request for a fully self-contained program for use at work or other locations where we may not have the other files necessary to run it. I'm not too worried about size (and honestly 30mb isn't very big any more) just whether or not it will run.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 15, 2009, 09:17:28 pm »

I'd like to suggest that the Therapist reads default professions- I change all my migrant peasants into drones (butchery, furnace operating, masonry, engraving etc) and all my migrant cheesemakers etc into soldiers, but I can't tell who's who without hovering my mouse over their name and reading their skills.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

jaked122

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Lurker tendancies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2009, 08:52:20 am »

I need the settings for D14,
or at least the name of the algorithm that is used to find the checksum

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2009, 09:16:35 am »

I'd like to suggest that the Therapist reads default professions- I change all my migrant peasants into drones (butchery, furnace operating, masonry, engraving etc) and all my migrant cheesemakers etc into soldiers, but I can't tell who's who without hovering my mouse over their name and reading their skills.

Try sorting by "profession?"  It reads default professions just fine for me.  Every time a migrant wave shows up I have to sort through all the "Milkers," "Cheese Makers," "Masons," and "Woodcarvers" among my Splintersculpts, Stoneshapers, and Battlefists.

Speaking of which, an option to sort/filter by default/custom professions (before sorting alphabetically, of course) might be nice.  That is, I got used to Dwarf Manager listing all default-profession Dwarves above all the cutom-profession ones.  It made it really easy to see who I had left to set labors for.

Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!

Slitherrr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2009, 11:05:55 am »

Is there a way to mark a thread to be watched?  Other than, you know, replying to it, like I'm doing right now.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #147 on: August 16, 2009, 11:33:24 am »

Is there a way to mark a thread to be watched?  Other than, you know, replying to it, like I'm doing right now.

You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Slitherrr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: August 16, 2009, 01:15:31 pm »

Awesome.  That button wasn't there the first time I looked, but when I think back on it, I was probably not logged in at the time.

Eduren

• Bay Watcher
  • A new theme!
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: August 16, 2009, 06:22:07 pm »

I need the settings for D14,
or at least the name of the algorithm that is used to find the checksum
Seconded.
I don't know.  Duke wants me to stop playing mafia.
That's the sign of an abusive boyfriend, Toony... you don't have to listen to him.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 124