Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 621094 times)

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist Alpha Release (LATEST 0.1.6 see first post)
« Reply #105 on: August 08, 2009, 04:51:05 pm »

If I'm not mistaken, Dwarf Manager also allowed you to add labors to children. While I can accept this (would make sense to see kids train in professions), having the nobles do anything useful is a bit against the principle noble. Hundreds, nay, thousands of nobles have died horrible (and always very Dwarvenly) deads and I say the tradition should continue.

But then again, from a RP point view, having the option would be nice too. Dilemma.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

ManaUser

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: August 08, 2009, 04:53:04 pm »

It was not my intention to allow cheats. But I'm not sure how you would restrict who you can assign labors to. I could hard-code no assignments to royals and children I suppose.
I think that would be for the best, not that I have anything against cheating, but think of programs like this as an extension of the game interface. So I would prefer any rule-breaking features be clearly separated. For instance if you disable giving labors to children and immigrant nobles by default, but then have an option to turn it back on, that would be fine by me.
Akur Akir Akam!

tefalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Priest of Syrinx
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: August 08, 2009, 05:02:01 pm »

^ What he said.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #108 on: August 08, 2009, 06:29:01 pm »

Hows the next release coming?  It looks amazing!  Normally I'd wait patiently with a "It'll get here when it gets here." attitude, but aside from the next big DF release, this is the only other thing I'm really looking forward to at the moment  :P
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #109 on: August 08, 2009, 06:44:11 pm »

Hows the next release coming?  It looks amazing!  Normally I'd wait patiently with a "It'll get here when it gets here." attitude, but aside from the next big DF release, this is the only other thing I'm really looking forward to at the moment  :P
In about 20 minutes :)

tefalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Priest of Syrinx
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: August 08, 2009, 06:50:25 pm »

Oh, alright! :D

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.3.0 8/8/09 see first post)
« Reply #111 on: August 08, 2009, 06:58:24 pm »

It's up. First post updated.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #112 on: August 08, 2009, 06:59:07 pm »

You are officially amazing.  Simply amazing.
On the Wall is a Masterfully engraved carving of Urist McHardcastle and Goblins. Urist McHardcastle is surrounded by the Goblins. The Golbins are stamping on Urist McHardcastle. Urist McHardcaste is laughing at the Goblins. The carving related to the prolonged and bloody death of Urist McHardcastle in the Fall of 1659, the Winter of 1659, and the Spring of 1660. On the engraving is an image of Cheese.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #113 on: August 08, 2009, 07:00:59 pm »

Why thank you :) Let's make sure the new version doesn't wreck your game, then I'll accept some more praise.

timmeh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #114 on: August 08, 2009, 07:05:24 pm »

Why thank you :) Let's make sure the new version doesn't wreck your game, then I'll accept some more praise.

Heh heh, I'll do that and let you know; hopefully later tonight, if I get the chance!

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: August 08, 2009, 07:16:26 pm »

If you want a quick review on using sets and views in 0.3.0 or have questions about them i made a couple of short screencasts to introduce folks to them:

Introduction to views and sets:
http://screencast.com/t/T6jfTnEHbxK

Making your own views and sets from scratch:
http://screencast.com/t/UoW2MEVF
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 07:57:52 pm by lodester »

Lamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • isock.deviantart.com
« Reply #116 on: August 08, 2009, 08:03:59 pm »

I want your babies!
I would like to point out that this is not DF 3.0, but DF 0.3.

tefalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Priest of Syrinx
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: August 08, 2009, 08:09:25 pm »

How do I expand the name/proffesion part? I can see that i have a profession called 'useless', but i can't see how many dorfs that have that proffesion.

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: August 08, 2009, 08:19:16 pm »

How do I expand the name/proffesion part? I can see that i have a profession called 'useless', but i can't see how many dorfs that have that proffesion.

I am not sure I follow you, but to see view dorfs by profession use the Group By drop down (upper left) and choose "Profession".

You should then have the ability to collapse or expand each profession in the dorf name list, or simply choose "Expand" or "Collapse" all (the green arrow buttons at the top)
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 08:22:50 pm by lodester »

tefalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Priest of Syrinx
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: August 08, 2009, 08:32:28 pm »

Like this: http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/3707/asdasdlyd.png

When I start the program the column will have a width that shows the whole proffesion column. If I then change the sorting and back, it will make the column too short to fit the full profession.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 124