Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 621057 times)

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
Re: Dwarf Therapist Alpha Release (LATEST 0.1.6 see first post)
« Reply #90 on: August 06, 2009, 01:36:08 am »

I must say this works beautifully. I'm running XP SP3 with DF 40d12, with the Epic Mod Age of Shadows Mod Wiles' Mod installed and I don't know why, but other dwarf managers don't want to work with my computer. This one worked the first time, and I was able to change a slew of jobs around in minutes. This could definitely use some more features, most of which you're already working on, like military skills, and could use some more polish, but for now I think it's great.

That's awesome news. I'm hard at work on the next release and it's going to be epic from a customization standpoint. Also I have sex and happiness column types to use which can be a big help for ordering dwarves by happiness.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #91 on: August 06, 2009, 03:38:49 am »

Also I have sex

Really? That's cool. I enjoy taking quotes out of context myself.

Lamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • isock.deviantart.com
« Reply #92 on: August 06, 2009, 04:12:07 pm »

Also I have sex

This is a great place to be.

Also, I love your program, chmod. I can't wait for the next release! (please tell me it's soon?)
I would like to point out that this is not DF 3.0, but DF 0.3.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #93 on: August 06, 2009, 04:30:16 pm »

Also I have sex

Yea should be a release soon, guys. Hopefully tomorrow if I can get this column set GUI in line. Here's a teaser...

A few things you'll notice. There is a happiness column on the far left. There are sex indicators next to the dwarf names. There are multiple tabs across the top (these are custom defined views) There is an open dialog for editing which columns are in a set. There is also a dialog (not pictures) for choosing which sets go in a view. It's pretty damn awesome if I may say so myself.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 04:34:36 pm by chmod »

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: August 06, 2009, 05:39:47 pm »

Forecast: Heavy ejaculate with a 100% chance of thhuuuuper!!
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 09:00:50 pm by lodester »

Lamp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • isock.deviantart.com
« Reply #95 on: August 06, 2009, 07:06:47 pm »

Now that just looks plain sexy.
I would like to point out that this is not DF 3.0, but DF 0.3.

BloodyThorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BloodyThorn
Re: Dwarf Therapist Alpha Release - VC Distributable
« Reply #96 on: August 06, 2009, 11:08:28 pm »

I have a question about the requirement of the VC distributable. I play DF at work, as well as at home. The computer that I play on at work, I don't have admin privilages, so I can't install anything on it. It made Dwarf Manager completely useless due to the .net distributable, and I seem to be having the same issue with Dwarf Therapist. I cannot install the VC runtime on my computer at work. Is there any way around this?

Thanks,
Thorn
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 03:58:40 am by BloodyThorn »

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2009, 01:42:36 am »

I have a question about the requirement of the VC distributable. I play DF at work, as well as at home. The computer that I play on at work, I don't have admin privilages, so I can't install anything on it. It made Dwarf Manager completely useless due to the .net distributable, and I seem to be having the same issue with Dwarf Therapist. I cannot install the VC runtime on my computer at work. Is there any way around this?

Thanks,
Thorn

Spoke with mod about this briefly tonight (I've been helping him test DT and provide some general feedback on his builds) but offhand we didn't have a sure-fire quick answer. The main runtime dependency is clearly MSVC90.dll which for sure you're missing.  If put in the same folder that you run DT from may get you going, but I can't say for sure - it might just get you past to the next missing libaray.

I see a lot of other soft dependencies hanging off of the QtCore4.dll and some of the other DT dll's, but they don't appear to be required - with this i couldn't easily/quickly find if there might be another VC++ deliverable you need from the 2008 pack. You can safely try putting MSVC90.dll in the DT folder and see if that helps.

Good luck
-lode

Dohon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: August 07, 2009, 03:57:52 am »

<Pic of pure Dwarfness>

That's just awesome. Preparing DF for the next release. And then ... Orcs will die. And Dwarfs too. Oh yes.
Quote from: Lolfail0009
Quote from: GuesssWho
Also, why is there a stray hen having a tantrum?
CLUCK CLUCK MOTHERF***ER

Deadbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: August 07, 2009, 06:58:15 pm »

I was just wondering... has anyone tried using this to change the jobs of dungeon keepers or other nobles? Maybe we can get them to do something useful.
Quote from: chmod
SEX AND HAPPINESS NOW REPORTING CORRECTLY!

BloodyThorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • BloodyThorn
« Reply #100 on: August 08, 2009, 03:58:12 am »

Spoke with mod about this briefly tonight (I've been helping him test DT and provide some general feedback on his builds) but offhand we didn't have a sure-fire quick answer. The main runtime dependency is clearly MSVC90.dll which for sure you're missing.  If put in the same folder that you run DT from may get you going, but I can't say for sure - it might just get you past to the next missing libaray.

I see a lot of other soft dependencies hanging off of the QtCore4.dll and some of the other DT dll's, but they don't appear to be required - with this i couldn't easily/quickly find if there might be another VC++ deliverable you need from the 2008 pack. You can safely try putting MSVC90.dll in the DT folder and see if that helps.

Good luck
-lode

I will give this a try, and tell you the results. I am not sure if it will work though. Don't the dlls have to be registered, or some junk?

Thorn

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: August 08, 2009, 04:27:41 am »

That dll does not need to be registered.

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: August 08, 2009, 11:58:16 am »

I was just wondering... has anyone tried using this to change the jobs of dungeon keepers or other nobles? Maybe we can get them to do something useful.

I have personally used it to make children pump/siege operators and watched them dive into it with fervor.  Whether or not it works on full Nobles, well... I'll have to get one of my current fortresses to that point, first.
Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: August 08, 2009, 03:34:40 pm »

At the risk of speaking for chmod, I think anything in DT that alters the game's ruleset currently would be considered a bug
« Last Edit: August 08, 2009, 03:38:27 pm by lodester »

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #104 on: August 08, 2009, 03:37:36 pm »

At the risk of speaking for chmod, I think anything in DT that alters the games' ruleset currently would be considered a bug
It was not my intention to allow cheats. But I'm not sure how you would restrict who you can assign labors to. I could hard-code no assignments to royals and children I suppose.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 124