Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620451 times)

Aristoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)
« Reply #1515 on: July 14, 2010, 08:28:55 am »

Thanks chmod!  Don't let the whiners run you off.  You've got my donation, hope others will follow suit.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Woof

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: July 14, 2010, 10:35:32 am »

Another page, another link post.
Why isn't the latest version of DF supported yet?
Mapping New Versions of DF

Can't speak for anyone else, but I can imagine that's going to get really annoying 3/4 times per page  ::)

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: July 14, 2010, 10:48:30 am »

Can't speak for anyone else, but I can imagine that's going to get really annoying 3/4 times per page  ::)

Not half as annoying as all of the posts asking the same questions over and over...
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: July 14, 2010, 11:30:09 am »

there's no change-list this time? not bugging or anything i just have "curiosity killed the cat" syndrome.

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: July 14, 2010, 11:40:36 am »

You know, I just spent ten minutes last night poking around the googlecode-or-whatever-DT-site thinking "wasn't there a changelog section in here somewhere before?" ... I guess I wasn't (totally) crazy?

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: July 14, 2010, 12:14:50 pm »

I figure that since people can't be bothered (too important or something) to go back a page or two to find answers they want... someone may as well put it front and center.

Also, I haven't changed my posts per page count, currently on page 102 of the thread using default settings.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1522 on: July 14, 2010, 12:20:58 pm »

there's no change-list this time? not bugging or anything i just have "curiosity killed the cat" syndrome.
There is a file called CHANGELOG.txt that comes with the program. You can always read it to see what is in the latest version. It is also always available here: http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/source/browse/CHANGELOG.txt

But as you an see, the only thing that changed was adding support for 0.31.10 (and some internal logging configuration that you won't care about)

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: July 14, 2010, 01:40:32 pm »

Noticed a tiiiiiiiny bug... when you modify someone's nickname, and change your mind and press cancel, the nickname gets wiped (to default).
http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/issues/detail?id=270&q=nickname
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 01:45:52 pm by Heavenfall »
Upon him I will visit famine and a fire, until all around him desolation rings
and all the demons in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize
that vengeance is the business of a dwarf

heuristicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: July 14, 2010, 03:48:21 pm »

Just wondering about this (and I apologise profusely if the answer is somewhere on google code), but how come every time I update to a new version, my custom professions are still available?  When I update, I delete any previous versions.

Where is the data stored?

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #1525 on: July 14, 2010, 03:56:33 pm »

Posted back a few pages, even under my higher post per page settings so I'll put it here. Might be another question to add to the FAQ just in case.

If we need to delete your settings file it can be found in your windows profile folder. This depends on which version of windows you're on, but you can start by opening an explorer shell and entering %APPDATA% as the path. It should jump to your AppData folder and allow you to see the UDPSoftware folder. Inside that is the DT settings file. You can safely delete it, and restart DT. The default views should be back.
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

soul4hdwn

• Bay Watcher
  • make due with what you have
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: July 14, 2010, 04:49:34 pm »

There is a file called CHANGELOG.txt that comes with the program. You can always read it to see what is in the latest version. It is also always available here: http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/source/browse/CHANGELOG.txt

But as you an see, the only thing that changed was adding support for 0.31.10 (and some internal logging configuration that you won't care about)

oh the source tab on the webpage. sorry about that ><

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: July 14, 2010, 05:20:56 pm »

Just wondering about this (and I apologise profusely if the answer is somewhere on google code), but how come every time I update to a new version, my custom professions are still available?  When I update, I delete any previous versions.

Where is the data stored?

I'm pretty sure it's in your settings folders for your windows profile (on a typical windows install, C:\documents and settings\%user name%\... ) but I am not on my computer with DF stuff on it to check for it.

--edit--

I should be home to check on my computer and check if I'm right in about an hour, if someone else hasn't yet gone to the trouble of confirming the exact location by then.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 07:50:48 pm by Reese »
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Qmarx

• Bay Watcher
  • "?"
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.6 6/29/10 see first post)
« Reply #1528 on: July 14, 2010, 07:00:56 pm »

I thought that DT was open source under the MIT licensing?

Meaning anyone could modify and release (or etc) their own modified version of the code provided?
Well sure. But the name is copyrighted. You wouldn't download Firefox and then repackage it as Firefox. If you're going to fork it, fork it all the way. Set up your own support site, make your own bugtracker etc... Don't just steal the work.

Anyhow 0.5.7 is up. See first page.
Actually, legally speaking you can't copyright a name.  You can trademark it, but that requires money and paperwork

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.6 6/29/10 see first post)
« Reply #1529 on: July 14, 2010, 07:43:42 pm »

I thought that DT was open source under the MIT licensing?

Meaning anyone could modify and release (or etc) their own modified version of the code provided?
Well sure. But the name is copyrighted. You wouldn't download Firefox and then repackage it as Firefox. If you're going to fork it, fork it all the way. Set up your own support site, make your own bugtracker etc... Don't just steal the work.

Anyhow 0.5.7 is up. See first page.
Actually, legally speaking you can't copyright a name.  You can trademark it, but that requires money and paperwork
DIE TOPIC!!  DIE!!
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 124