Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620543 times)

jpeterson92

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.6 6/29/10 see first post)
« Reply #1470 on: July 12, 2010, 07:12:21 pm »

I've had a *little* success in getting DT to read from the Linux version of DF v0.31.10, it looks like the dwarves' labours, current job and names are being read correctly, but that's about all I'm sure of. It looks like various offsets within the dwarf definition might have changed, but I don't know enough to fix this, currently. Following is my current best effort, but I've not changed any offsets, only the vector addresses, checksum and version:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Has anyone been able to get a fully functioning version for Linux going yet?

Literally just done so! The traits, labours and skills are now working. A few things in the dwarf_offsets section moved by 36 bytes:

Code: [Select]
[info]
checksum                = 0x3e7bea26
version_name            = v0.31.10

[addresses]
translation_vector      = 0x0932bf2c
language_vector         = 0x0932bf14
creature_vector         = 0x092ea9d4
dwarf_race_index        = 0x092d2548

[offsets]
word_table              = 0x001C

[dwarf_offsets]
first_name              = 0x0000
nick_name               = 0x0004
last_name               = 0x0008
custom_profession       = 0x003c
profession              = 0x0040
race                    = 0x0044
flags1                  = 0x008C
flags2                  = 0x0090
sex                     = 0x00A6
id                      = 0x00A8
recheck_equipment       = 0x0144
current_job             = 0x0258
states                  = 0x0
souls                   = 0x0524
labors                  = 0x0540
happiness               = 0x05d0

[soul_details]
skills                  = 0x01C4
traits                  = 0x01DC

[job_details]
id                      = 0x0008
on_break_flag           = 0x0011

[valid_flags_1]
size                    = 1
1/name                  = "Not from around these parts"
1/value                 = 0x80000000

[invalid_flags_1]
size                    = 7
1/name                  = "a zombie"
1/value                 = 0x00001000
2/name                  = "a skeleton"
2/value                 = 0x00002000
3/name                  = "a merchant or diplomat"
3/value                 = 0x00000040
4/name                  = "outpost liason"
4/value                 = 0x00000800
5/name                  = "an invader or hostile"
5/value                 = 0x00020000
6/name                  = "an invader or hostile"
6/value                 = 0x00080000
7/name                  = "an invader or hostile"
7/value                 = 0x000C0000

[invalid_flags_2]
size=2
1/name                  = "dead, Jim."
1/value                 = 0x00000080
2/name                  = "from the Underworld. SPOOKY!"
2/value                 = 0x00040000

Awesome job! Thanks from me too

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: July 12, 2010, 07:24:34 pm »

Don't stone me for not scrolling through all the previous pages, but do let me ask: When's the approximate release date of the 31.10 version?
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: July 12, 2010, 08:11:27 pm »

Don't stone me for not scrolling through all the previous pages, but do let me ask: When's the approximate release date of the 31.10 version?
I don't think there is one...  It's up to the developers, how much they get done, and what alignment the planets are in.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: July 12, 2010, 09:19:35 pm »

Does "Chmod cancels update DT: Has a life" sum that up nicely?
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: July 12, 2010, 09:28:50 pm »

Does "Chmod cancels update DT: Has a life" sum that up nicely?
Yep, and unfortunately he now has bad feelings do to all the noise.  There may be a tantrum spiral incoming.

njero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: July 12, 2010, 10:59:29 pm »

We need a volunteer to post that link every second time we hit a new threadpage. :P

Odd pages get a link to http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/wiki/MappingNewVersions ;D
these aren't buzzards, they're cliff racers!

Shrugging Khan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: July 13, 2010, 07:24:32 am »

All I wanted was a specific piece of information. What I got was the wrath of the thread  :'(
Not a troll, not some basement-dwelling neckbeard, but indeed a hateful, rude little person. On the internet.
I'm actually quite nice IRL, but you people have to pay the price for that.

Now stop being distracted by the rudeness, quit your accusations of trollery, and start arguing like real men!

Xenoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: July 13, 2010, 08:40:44 am »

A cursory look through the thread would have shown that chmod updates it when he gets a chance, and doesn't give ETAs unless (and then only sometimes) he's currently working on it.

Unfortunately the last 50 odd pages of this thread are little more than a whole load of people asking when the next version will be out for whichever was the newest DF version.  As a result, the thread looks huge and daunting, so people are less likely to read through and see what's going on, so as a result you get more posts being madeby people saying "sorry - not read the whole thread, but when's the next version out".

Then we end up on a new page and the whole problem kick starts itself again.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2010, 09:02:29 am by Xenoc »

Sfon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: July 13, 2010, 09:14:00 am »

Asking for the release date is always a big no-no. Not just with this program, but with any amateur program. Never do this. Even professionals have a very hard time giving accurate release dates, and they often only do so because they have to no matter how unrealistic it is to except them to know. This is why programs often end up being delayed, not because they are lazy and/or jerks.

tl:dr Never ask for a release date on any amateur program, it is a universal no-no.

jjdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: July 13, 2010, 12:25:21 pm »

Asking for the release date is always a big no-no. Not just with this program, but with any amateur program. Never do this. Even professionals have a very hard time giving accurate release dates, and they often only do so because they have to no matter how unrealistic it is to except them to know. This is why programs often end up being delayed, not because they are lazy and/or jerks.

tl:dr Never ask for a release date on any amateur program, it is a universal no-no.

While I agree whole-heartedly with your point, I wouldn't necessarily call this an "amateur" program.

amˇaˇteurˇish/ˌaməˈtəriSH/
Adjective: Unskillful; inept: "amateurish actors".

DT is not in the least bit unskillful, nor do I think Chmod is inept.  I believe the word you're looking for is "open-source".
Quote from: ledgekindred
I can see menacing spikes of iron, but only a true dorf can make menacing spikes of dog leather or pig tail cloth!  What if they suddenly start decorating all their artifacts with like ... like ... butterflies or something.
Quote from: Heavenfall
One of my artifacts had a butterfly on it.
Oh.  Oh.  Oh Armok I'm so sorry.

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: July 13, 2010, 12:33:41 pm »

Amateur is also commonly used to mean "not professional" in the sense of "not getting paid for it", so *shrug*.

Maybe it could take some strain off of this thread if people made "Dwarf Therapist: Mapping [DF VERSION]" type threads instead of piling it all in here? Mainly thinking something where a top post could be quickly edited to contain the definitive answer(s) that people are desperate for might keep them from annoying everyone. *shrug again*.

jjdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: July 13, 2010, 12:40:37 pm »

Amateur is also commonly used to mean "not professional" in the sense of "not getting paid for it", so *shrug*.

If I wrote a program like DT, and somebody called it "amateur"... I'd start up a new tantrum spiral.  Could just be my dialect of English though.

Maybe it could take some strain off of this thread if people made "Dwarf Therapist: Mapping [DF VERSION]" type threads instead of piling it all in here? Mainly thinking something where a top post could be quickly edited to contain the definitive answer(s) that people are desperate for might keep them from annoying everyone. *shrug again*.

Nope.  They'll still come right here and post for updates even an hour after the newest DF release.  It's just the way that some end users act.  It's also one of the reasons I'm generally leery of involving myself in too much open-source projects.
Quote from: ledgekindred
I can see menacing spikes of iron, but only a true dorf can make menacing spikes of dog leather or pig tail cloth!  What if they suddenly start decorating all their artifacts with like ... like ... butterflies or something.
Quote from: Heavenfall
One of my artifacts had a butterfly on it.
Oh.  Oh.  Oh Armok I'm so sorry.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1484 on: July 13, 2010, 01:50:38 pm »

I generally take amateur based on the Latin root. As in, doing something out of love instead of in pursuit of money.

amateur
1784, "one who has a taste for (something)," from Fr. amateur "lover of," from O.Fr., from L. amatorem (nom. amator) "lover," from amatus, pp. of amare "to love" (see Amy). Meaning "dabbler" (as opposed to professional) is from 1786.
Pages: 1 ... 97 98 [99] 100 101 ... 124