Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620644 times)

shibdib

• Bay Watcher
  • How much for Goat?
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.6 6/29/10 see first post)
« Reply #1455 on: July 11, 2010, 05:57:51 pm »

uac?

im running on win 7 64 bit

User Access Control is off, and I don't see how it would turn off the mouse at any rate.

It's just a good place to start, but i dont know where to go beyond that.. I see u edited to note it was a ps/2 mouse not usb which woulda been my next question. but it being ps/2 the chance of a program messing with it because of that is slim, gonna have to leave this to the official maker of the app.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 09:07:19 pm by shibdib »

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: July 11, 2010, 08:10:30 pm »

You guys have no idea how fortuitous it is to have computer engineers and what-not playing Dwarf Fortress :P. Thank you to everyone for working on making it compatible with the new update.

HeliumFreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: July 11, 2010, 08:20:38 pm »

Just a side question in the midst of the updates. Im a computer literate person but when it comes to the nitty gritty stuff like memory registers and so on im at a bit of a loss. The one thing im really curious about is the need to constantly update the offsets every time there is an update. Just to be clear though, i do understand why they change location after each update. What i dont understand is that this seems like a very inefficient way to maintain software compatibility. Isnt there any sort of markers or ability for Toady to store the information in a set way each time so as to not have to always rely on updates?

DeathToGamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: July 11, 2010, 09:06:57 pm »

Im using MayDays tileset, the newest one. and the newest version of Dwarf Therapist, but I cant use therapist!!

when I open it up it says that it cannot locate the PEB address of the process... any ideas how to make it work?

HeliumFreak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: July 11, 2010, 09:16:58 pm »

Im using MayDays tileset, the newest one. and the newest version of Dwarf Therapist, but I cant use therapist!!

when I open it up it says that it cannot locate the PEB address of the process... any ideas how to make it work?

It wasnt enough for you to make a brand new post to bring this up yet when directed to the correct location to ask such questions you cant even take the time to look one or two pages back to find your answer. Seriously im trying to keep my cool but why waste others time when you can so easily find it yourself in a lot less time than it took me to type this post.

http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/wiki/MappingNewVersions
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 09:25:40 pm by HeliumFreak »

piesquared

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: July 11, 2010, 10:44:26 pm »

Just a side question in the midst of the updates. Im a computer literate person but when it comes to the nitty gritty stuff like memory registers and so on im at a bit of a loss. The one thing im really curious about is the need to constantly update the offsets every time there is an update. Just to be clear though, i do understand why they change location after each update. What i dont understand is that this seems like a very inefficient way to maintain software compatibility. Isnt there any sort of markers or ability for Toady to store the information in a set way each time so as to not have to always rely on updates?

It would certainly be possible to write an application such that third-party applications could do the sort of things DT does without needing to update DT every time the main application updated. But DT, its predecessors, and similar programs have never been officially supported in DF, and converting an *existing* program for such an end is a non-trivial process. And even if this were done there would be compatibility-breaking updates whenever the actual data structures changed.

xDarkz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: July 12, 2010, 03:34:02 am »

My attempt at Mike Mayday's graphics-set for version 31.10 with working Dwarf Therapist attached. Hope it works.

DF_Mayday_31_10_Mock
I compiled this utilizing "nkn"'s data and raw files all while using Phoebus' pre-installed package as a template, so to speak. Nkn's previous program had worked but the coloring was a bit off, hence I used Phoebus' as reference. I hope neither of them will mind. All-in-all, this should serve as a temporary (Dear god I hope it's temporary) mock and means of replacement for Mike Mayday's graphical tileset.

-- All you have to do is download this file, unzip it, transfer your save files over via drag-and-drop, delete the raw file located under \DF_Mayday_31_10_Mock\data\save\region *\, yes the whole entire folder. Then replace it with the raw file currently located in the primary directory, \DF_Mayday_31_10_Mock\. The reason for doing this is to clear out any previous mods/tilesets you might have been using to avoid graphical glitches. Another thing is that you might have to change your keybindings around a tad bit as I've edited them to conform to my laptop during testing, sorry ;O. Everything should work, as everything's been tip top shape for me during the previous few hours of gameplay.

I also included Dwarf Therapist for the few of you still struggling with trying to get it working.

If this works, please direct your thanks to the following as all I really did was move some files around. Thanks Nkn, Mike Mayday, Phoebus, DwarfEngineer, for the updated vectors, chmod; for the creation of the life-saving Dwarf Therapist, and especially ToadyOne for giving birth to this sensational game.  Thanks guys and happy Dwarfing.

Florp Incarnate

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: July 12, 2010, 12:35:57 pm »

Darkz, I appreciate your efforts.

Mafia_Puppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: July 12, 2010, 01:44:52 pm »

Thank you so much,Dwarf Engineer!!!

I was so depressed when the new version came out, and I couldn't figure out who would be my new marksdwarves!

YOU ROCK!

elfhater

• Bay Watcher
  • Sine vino non laboro.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: July 12, 2010, 02:14:07 pm »

My attempt at Mike Mayday's graphics-set for version 31.10 with working Dwarf Therapist attached. Hope it works.

DF_Mayday_31_10_Mock
I compiled this utilizing "nkn"'s data and raw files all while using Phoebus' pre-installed package as a template, so to speak. Nkn's previous program had worked but the coloring was a bit off, hence I used Phoebus' as reference. I hope neither of them will mind. All-in-all, this should serve as a temporary (Dear god I hope it's temporary) mock and means of replacement for Mike Mayday's graphical tileset.

-- All you have to do is download this file, unzip it, transfer your save files over via drag-and-drop, delete the raw file located under \DF_Mayday_31_10_Mock\data\save\region *\, yes the whole entire folder. Then replace it with the raw file currently located in the primary directory, \DF_Mayday_31_10_Mock\. The reason for doing this is to clear out any previous mods/tilesets you might have been using to avoid graphical glitches. Another thing is that you might have to change your keybindings around a tad bit as I've edited them to conform to my laptop during testing, sorry ;O. Everything should work, as everything's been tip top shape for me during the previous few hours of gameplay.

I also included Dwarf Therapist for the few of you still struggling with trying to get it working.

If this works, please direct your thanks to the following as all I really did was move some files around. Thanks Nkn, Mike Mayday, Phoebus, DwarfEngineer, for the updated vectors, chmod; for the creation of the life-saving Dwarf Therapist, and especially ToadyOne for giving birth to this sensational game.  Thanks guys and happy Dwarfing.

Just did a quick run-through of this to see if it would still freeze my mouse, just for giggles, and yes indeed it did. I built a world, embarked, saved, quit, restarted, loaded, then ran DT. My system and DT are really not happy with each other, for reasons which are not at all straightforward.

Oh and also, DT itself "runs" fine here. It successfully showed my dwarves and presumably would have let me mess with them... if my mouse still worked and was able to click on stuff.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2010, 02:15:54 pm by elfhater »

Jon-Ace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: July 12, 2010, 02:56:09 pm »

Anybody else noticing their nicknames resetting?

jpeterson92

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: July 12, 2010, 03:35:07 pm »

I've had a *little* success in getting DT to read from the Linux version of DF v0.31.10, it looks like the dwarves' labours, current job and names are being read correctly, but that's about all I'm sure of. It looks like various offsets within the dwarf definition might have changed, but I don't know enough to fix this, currently. Following is my current best effort, but I've not changed any offsets, only the vector addresses, checksum and version:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Has anyone been able to get a fully functioning version for Linux going yet?

pll

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: July 12, 2010, 03:43:59 pm »

I can't make it run in Linux yet...

Memory mapping, so hard...

Huin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: July 12, 2010, 04:23:28 pm »

I've had a *little* success in getting DT to read from the Linux version of DF v0.31.10, it looks like the dwarves' labours, current job and names are being read correctly, but that's about all I'm sure of. It looks like various offsets within the dwarf definition might have changed, but I don't know enough to fix this, currently. Following is my current best effort, but I've not changed any offsets, only the vector addresses, checksum and version:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Has anyone been able to get a fully functioning version for Linux going yet?

Literally just done so! The traits, labours and skills are now working. A few things in the dwarf_offsets section moved by 36 bytes:

Code: [Select]
[info]
checksum                = 0x3e7bea26
version_name            = v0.31.10

[addresses]
translation_vector      = 0x0932bf2c
language_vector         = 0x0932bf14
creature_vector         = 0x092ea9d4
dwarf_race_index        = 0x092d2548

[offsets]
word_table              = 0x001C

[dwarf_offsets]
first_name              = 0x0000
nick_name               = 0x0004
last_name               = 0x0008
custom_profession       = 0x003c
profession              = 0x0040
race                    = 0x0044
flags1                  = 0x008C
flags2                  = 0x0090
sex                     = 0x00A6
id                      = 0x00A8
recheck_equipment       = 0x0144
current_job             = 0x0258
states                  = 0x0
souls                   = 0x0524
labors                  = 0x0540
happiness               = 0x05d0

[soul_details]
skills                  = 0x01C4
traits                  = 0x01DC

[job_details]
id                      = 0x0008
on_break_flag           = 0x0011

[valid_flags_1]
size                    = 1
1/name                  = "Not from around these parts"
1/value                 = 0x80000000

[invalid_flags_1]
size                    = 7
1/name                  = "a zombie"
1/value                 = 0x00001000
2/name                  = "a skeleton"
2/value                 = 0x00002000
3/name                  = "a merchant or diplomat"
3/value                 = 0x00000040
4/name                  = "outpost liason"
4/value                 = 0x00000800
5/name                  = "an invader or hostile"
5/value                 = 0x00020000
6/name                  = "an invader or hostile"
6/value                 = 0x00080000
7/name                  = "an invader or hostile"
7/value                 = 0x000C0000

[invalid_flags_2]
size=2
1/name                  = "dead, Jim."
1/value                 = 0x00000080
2/name                  = "from the Underworld. SPOOKY!"
2/value                 = 0x00040000

pll

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: July 12, 2010, 06:24:43 pm »

Thank you for the Linux mapping, works great.
Pages: 1 ... 96 97 [98] 99 100 ... 124