Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620692 times)

Urist McFumbler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.6 6/29/10 see first post)
« Reply #1395 on: July 02, 2010, 10:22:50 am »

I find it funny that we are discussing net or forum etiquette on this thread.

Especially when the specific etiquette in question is about a snarky answer to some poster not bothering to read the entire thread.

Don't you all think that this line of discussion is actually making the situation worse by bloating the thread with unrelated discussions?

I would request that the current discussion be moved to a new thread.

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: July 02, 2010, 12:03:34 pm »

jesus harold christ there is no way in Underpants Hell that I am reading all that. No habla jibber-jabber.

Does anyone have something on-topic to discuss?
Let's move on.

Hey chmod - why won't my DT work with .08 ? It's been out for like, forever now... god!

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1397 on: July 02, 2010, 12:44:14 pm »

Most users are clueless and have little interest in becoming not-clueless. I have no interest in making friends with people who think other people should do their legwork for them. It's insulting, and thankless. And I'm full-up on internet buddies.

I don't want to live in a world where there are no consequences for being stupid. Just a few thousand years ago these users would have been eaten by lions.

Thanks to those of you who at least try to help yourselves!

Shadetree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: July 02, 2010, 01:40:23 pm »

Any chance we'll get the ability to select an in game icon for custom professions?

Say I make a "Stone" profession that includes mining, stonecraft, blah, blah, but I want them to look like engravers* all the time even if they are better miners.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1399 on: July 02, 2010, 01:55:23 pm »

Any chance we'll get the ability to select an in game icon for custom professions?

Say I make a "Stone" profession that includes mining, stonecraft, blah, blah, but I want them to look like engravers* all the time even if they are better miners.
Unlikely. http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/wiki/VisionStatement

Shadetree

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: July 02, 2010, 02:58:56 pm »

Unlikely. http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/wiki/VisionStatement

An actual vision statement that is useful?  How refreshing. 

Pistolero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: July 02, 2010, 06:50:04 pm »

jesus harold christ there is no way in Underpants Hell that I am reading all that. No habla jibber-jabber.

Does anyone have something on-topic to discuss?
Let's move on.

Hey chmod - why won't my DT work with .08 ? It's been out for like, forever now... god!

Allow me to summarize. I called you a timid little asshole ;) Just letting you know how you come across, see it as a personal growth thing, you can use it to help yourself change peoples perceptions of you. The man who derailed the thread in the first place crying about OT is pretty rich btw.

In short: telling "forumites" to match their internet behavior to their normal social behavior is probably not as sensible as it seems.

A moment's reflection is all it should take, and that's all my posts are (vainly) attempting to achieve. Rather than tell them how to behave, I just ask them to consider whether they like themselves more for being the kind of guy who screams abuse from anonymity, but squeaks like a mouse in person. If they do, no problem, tard it up.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2010, 06:59:56 pm by Pistolero »

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1402 on: July 02, 2010, 07:15:20 pm »

Well, I don't say that I am supporting your statement nor this derail. But I do feel obligated to say that your post is funny. In a very effective dry, cruel sort of humor.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: July 02, 2010, 07:49:56 pm »

LOL nothing will ever be as epic as chmod saying... "You should search, your toil amuses me"

Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: July 06, 2010, 07:19:01 pm »

Soo ... filter scripts? I've got one that filters on the can_assign_labors() function, which works, but I'm having zero luck with a string compare:

!d.custom_profession_name() == "Soldier"

does nothing, and I'm stumped. Can't find ANY docs on this on this site or the DT site or the DT forums, only what's available in the script editor which dosen't have a string example.

Thanks!

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1405 on: July 06, 2010, 08:29:21 pm »

Soo ... filter scripts? I've got one that filters on the can_assign_labors() function, which works, but I'm having zero luck with a string compare:

!d.custom_profession_name() == "Soldier"

does nothing, and I'm stumped. Can't find ANY docs on this on this site or the DT site or the DT forums, only what's available in the script editor which dosen't have a string example.

Thanks!
Holy shit! Someone using the script interface! I apologize for the state of the script interface at the moment. It was mainly put in place because I thought it would be nice in the future, but it's what I would call alpha stage. I do plan to fix it up a bit in the future and have more examples in place. There are no docs for it other than what's in the dialog.

I think you should try using a negation test on the equality operator instead. I'm not exactly positive about the operator precedence of Javascript but I think you want this instead...
Code: [Select]
d.custom_profession_name() != "Soldier"
Your code is sort of saying "If the *RESULT* of checking custom_profession_name is false is equal to the string 'soldier'" And true or false will both never be equal to soldier.

Anyhow, give it a shot.

assimilateur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: July 08, 2010, 05:52:35 am »

I mostly agree with Pistolero on his condemnation of people being excessively rude on the Internet at the drop of a hat, but I think that some indignation towards people who won't look for their shit on their own is warranted.

Accordingly, I'm all for linking people to lmgtfy.com when they waste our - and their own - time with questions they could have more quickly answered themselves, but reactions like Lodester's tirade two or three pages earlier are uncalled for (and in this particular case, embarrassing to read).

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: July 10, 2010, 05:27:49 pm »

First he gives me Dwarf Therapist, and then an epic sig quote to go with it. Much <3, Chmod.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Richards

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: July 10, 2010, 05:59:56 pm »

Is there a way to set it so the skills are descending on the left side and the migrant names are horizontal? To switch the names with the skills?

Chattox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: July 10, 2010, 08:02:53 pm »

How would one go about getting Dwarf Therapist to work with 31.09?
"10 z levels down, 10 tiles north is some blood, i shall go clean it before it drives me to insanity with it's crimson color"
The setting of Half-Life 2 Episode 3's release: "It is the 41st Millennium. For more than a hundred centuries the Gabe has sat immobile on the..."
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 124