Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620611 times)

Miko19

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.6 6/29/10 see first post)
« Reply #1365 on: July 01, 2010, 05:32:23 am »

Has anyone noticed that the site's name on Google Code looks like "Dwarf The Rapist"?

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: July 01, 2010, 06:20:05 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

darius

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: July 01, 2010, 07:24:46 am »

Has anyone noticed that the site's name on Google Code looks like "Dwarf The Rapist"?
I was interested to see how much time will pass till somebody will point it out...

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1368 on: July 01, 2010, 07:27:44 am »

I was interested to see how much time will pass till somebody will point it out...
again

FlexibleDogma

• Bay Watcher
  • xGiant Cave Spider Silk Sockx Merchant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: July 01, 2010, 08:10:51 am »

Yeah can't find it. I'll post it. Oh, c:\users\superpredator\appdata

Sure it isn't C:\users\superpredator\appdata\roaming ?  I think %AppData% should be taking to you a folder named roaming on Vista/Windows 7.  You might need to turn on Show All Folders to see it, I don't have a windows machine in front of me right now to test if that folder is hidden or not.  (Control Panel->Appearance and Personalization->Folder Options->General Tab->Show All Folders.)

Since the folder the settings is in is named udpsoftware, this should take you straight there:
C:\users\superpredator\appdata\roaming\udpsoftware

I suppose chmod could have coded DT to use the local folder, so the other spot to check would be here:
C:\users\superpredator\appdata\local\udpsoftware

Pistolero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: July 01, 2010, 08:32:26 am »

Sure it isn't C:\users\superpredator\appdata\roaming ?

Yes it was, I checked all the subdirectories though and couldn't find it, so I just posted the appdata directory.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1371 on: July 01, 2010, 01:35:26 pm »

I think the best solution is just more defensive coding around the whole settings file system. Users should have a way of resetting the entire app to factory defaults (nuking their settings), and it should warn if it can't write them to a file, and/or read them.

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.4 6/10/10 see first post)
« Reply #1372 on: July 01, 2010, 03:48:13 pm »

"I'm sorry but I don't know how to talk to this version of Dwarf Fortress! (checksum:0x4c1d69fe)"

DT 0.5.4
DF 0.31.08

[edit] Got it working. You should really add instructions with the ini code, and put it in the original post so people don't have to dig through replies.
You should dig through replies. Your toil amuses me.

I appreciate your utility very much, but I feel your snarky comment that people should wade through over 1300 replies to get vital instructions because you refuse to post them on page 1 is more than a bit arrogant.
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1373 on: July 01, 2010, 04:02:43 pm »

I appreciate your utility very much, but I feel your snarky comment that people should wade through over 1300 replies to get vital instructions because you refuse to post them on page 1 is more than a bit arrogant.
http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Why_isn't_the_latest_version_of_DF_supported_yet?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 04:14:38 pm by chmod »

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: July 01, 2010, 04:13:40 pm »

slink

• Bay Watcher
  • Crazy Cat Dwarf
    • View Profile
    • Slink's Burrow Online
« Reply #1375 on: July 01, 2010, 05:24:04 pm »

http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/wiki/FAQ#Q:_Why_isn't_the_latest_version_of_DF_supported_yet?

There, wasn't that easy?  ;)
There is only one cat, and all cats are that cat.
Almost losing is sometimes fun.

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: July 01, 2010, 05:29:51 pm »

There, wasn't that easy?  ;)
[/quote]

...speaking of snarky comments. What a rube.

You bitches with a sense of entitlement can come present your f'ing warranty cards for the software you purchased, then start with your QQ'ing. I know how much chmod has invested in this project and if you have to dig through a 1300 page thread, that's your f'ing problem because you can't make simple logical deductions such as:
What date was .08 released?
Maybe i should start looking at posts AFTER that date, after checking the first post? OMG! READING! SO HARD!!!
Maybe the author has more important things to do like life+work+dog rather than attend to every flowing, crying vagina that can't find what they need on the forums in less than 5 seconds of pretending to read the first post and giving up.

If you're not willing to do your own little leg work when something isn't spoon fed for you, don't be surprised if you get nipped at. If, like Mrs. Snarky here, you have an overly sensitive personality and easily inflamed vagina, i suggest you go get your fucking shinebox and keep your meat-hole shut.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2010, 05:44:29 pm by lodester »

Chrissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: July 01, 2010, 05:52:15 pm »

This thread is getting rude, fast....

I think you need to have patience with people who ask stupid questions that they could have found 2 pages back.  Some people just aren't accustomed to forums and it's a very different world to them.  They don't think it through that well, not because they don't want to, or they like doing stupid things, just because it doesn't occur to them.

There's no reason to call someone's vagina enflamed (???? since when is that a name to call someone? I like my vagina) and curse at them.  Like you said, they haven't paid for the software, everyone's having fun here right?  People can take things WAY too seriously in the business world but on the fun side, let's just have fun and take it easy?

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: July 01, 2010, 06:16:58 pm »

This thread is getting rude, fast....

I think you need to have patience with people who ask stupid questions that they could have found 2 pages back.  Some people just aren't accustomed to forums and it's a very different world to them.  They don't think it through that well, not because they don't want to, or they like doing stupid things, just because it doesn't occur to them.

There's no reason to call someone's vagina enflamed (???? since when is that a name to call someone? I like my vagina) and curse at them.  Like you said, they haven't paid for the software, everyone's having fun here right?  People can take things WAY too seriously in the business world but on the fun side, let's just have fun and take it easy?
It's hard when you come home from working with someone who doesn't deserve their paycheck asking you a million questions because they can't follow a simple instruction sheet you gave them... then having to deal with it in an environment where you are putting yourself out there to help people and they aren't helping you by doing a simple search/scan.

I spent 3 hours last Friday walking one of our designers through uploading course content because the instructions I gave them weren't WORD for WORD hand holding correct.  I can't tell you how many times, I heard them say: "The instructions tell me... oh, there it is right under my nose.  hehe" /kill

Then you come on your favorite game forum and find someone who didn't take the effort of even going back JUST two pages and/or searching... I can understand some of the snark.

Some people get accustomed to things being handed to them and they get into a routine where they ask before looking themselves... then they wonder why people treat them different?
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Chrissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: July 01, 2010, 06:39:00 pm »

I don't think so... I think you're greatly overestimating the general population's ability to think on their feet in novel situations.

It would be easier for them to just follow the instructions, if they understood them.  It would be easier to go back two pages than wait half a day for a reply from somebody who's going to say the same thing.  It just doesnt' occur to people.  You have to be patient with them.  People either get it or they don't, and usually they don't.  Patience.
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 124