Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620555 times)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.5 6/26/10 see first post)
« Reply #1350 on: June 29, 2010, 06:25:49 am »

DT is one of the most useful open source programs I have seen in years... with the exception of open office of course.
Hey thanks, man!

BTW just put a new howto together with the woman. Check it out http://www.vimeo.com/12936017
Funny.  "Here are your dwarfs and the other stuff..."
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: June 29, 2010, 10:33:55 am »

She sounds lovely, if a bit prone to moving too far from the mic.
Glad she's so patient with you.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1352 on: June 29, 2010, 04:10:21 pm »

Yea we need a better mic. And I'm glad she's patient with me too :)

I'm trying to get the word out about several features that DT does that most people still don't know about. Like profession labor templates and modifying the gridviews etc... More to come.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: June 29, 2010, 06:22:42 pm »

Yea we need a better mic. And I'm glad she's patient with me too :)

I'm trying to get the word out about several features that DT does that most people still don't know about. Like profession labor templates and modifying the gridviews etc... More to come.

"the other stuff my husband likes to spend a lot of time on" :p
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.6 6/29/10 see first post)
« Reply #1354 on: June 29, 2010, 10:11:26 pm »

New version fixes the phantom "You don't have a fort loaded" issues...

http://udpviper.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=18037

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: June 29, 2010, 11:00:28 pm »

Awesome. And I just went from 0.5.4 or maybe .3 to .5 like two hours ago  :D :)

Pistolero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: June 30, 2010, 11:01:55 am »

Really stupid question but I can't solve it myself.... nor can I find an answer in the last several pages of this thread (went back till people were talking about .06 and 5.4), hoping someone can help.

I load DT, none of the 'social', 'labors', or 'military' tabs appear, nor does the button to open them. If I try to 'group by' anything, it crashes. It connects and reads the dwarves fine, shows that I have my starting seven, I just can't see their labours. How do I get the tab up? Labors and social open automatically on my desktop... just not on this comp.

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: June 30, 2010, 12:14:37 pm »

Well, what computers are you using? Some specs would be nice, or at least an OS.
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

Pistolero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: June 30, 2010, 12:23:56 pm »

Well, what computers are you using? Some specs would be nice, or at least an OS.

Well I just assumed there was an easy solution that I couldn't find, like a keyboard shortcut to bring up the tabs. If it's a real issue and not just my own ineptitude I'll go post a bug report on the DT forum.

Chrissi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: June 30, 2010, 12:48:59 pm »

I think they're asking what OS you're using because that will make a difference as to how to modify the layout for you, if it's just a temporary interface issue.  Windows is different from Linux and etc..

Just saying...

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1360 on: June 30, 2010, 01:08:43 pm »

Really stupid question but I can't solve it myself.... nor can I find an answer in the last several pages of this thread (went back till people were talking about .06 and 5.4), hoping someone can help.

I load DT, none of the 'social', 'labors', or 'military' tabs appear, nor does the button to open them. If I try to 'group by' anything, it crashes. It connects and reads the dwarves fine, shows that I have my starting seven, I just can't see their labours. How do I get the tab up? Labors and social open automatically on my desktop... just not on this comp.
Sounds like your main settings file got screwed up. Try this...

1) In DT, locate the "Windows" menu at the top
2) Hover over the sub-menu called "Docks"
3) If not checked, check the "GridViews" item
4) Once the "GridViews" dock opens up, make sure you have 3 greyed-out entries in the list of views.
5) If the list is empty, re-download DT because that should never happen
6) If there are entries in the list, we need to delete your settings file

If we need to delete your settings file it can be found in your windows profile folder. This depends on which version of windows you're on, but you can start by opening an explorer shell and entering %APPDATA% as the path. It should jump to your AppData folder and allow you to see the UDPSoftware folder. Inside that is the DT settings file. You can safely delete it, and restart DT. The default views should be back.

Pistolero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: June 30, 2010, 01:25:23 pm »

Sounds like your main settings file got screwed up. Try this...

1) In DT, locate the "Windows" menu at the top
2) Hover over the sub-menu called "Docks"
3) If not checked, check the "GridViews" item
4) Once the "GridViews" dock opens up, make sure you have 3 greyed-out entries in the list of views.
5) If the list is empty, re-download DT because that should never happen
6) If there are entries in the list, we need to delete your settings file

If we need to delete your settings file it can be found in your windows profile folder. This depends on which version of windows you're on, but you can start by opening an explorer shell and entering %APPDATA% as the path. It should jump to your AppData folder and allow you to see the UDPSoftware folder. Inside that is the DT settings file. You can safely delete it, and restart DT. The default views should be back.

Yeah that's it. No entries in the list. However I've downloaded and installed 5.4 twice, 5.5 twice,and 5.6 three times, so I decided to follow the rest of your instructions before I tried it again, and cannot find the udpsoftware folder in appdata or any of the subdirectories, which is probably the origin of the issue? Using windows 7. Thanks btw, for the help and for the awesome utility :)

You want me to post a report with the log etc or no big deal?

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1362 on: June 30, 2010, 01:32:34 pm »

Yeah that's it. No entries in the list. However I've downloaded and installed 5.4 twice, 5.5 twice,and 5.6 three times, so I decided to follow the rest of your instructions before I tried it again, and cannot find the udpsoftware folder in appdata or any of the subdirectories, which is probably the origin of the issue? Using windows 7. Thanks btw, for the help and for the awesome utility :)

You want me to post a report with the log etc or no big deal?
What is the full path of your %APPDATA% folder? Can you try searching your whole drive for a file called "Dwarf Therapist.ini"? Let me know if you find it somewhere. Go ahead and post a bug if you can't find it. That would be a serious issue (please attach to the log as well)

Pistolero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: June 30, 2010, 02:01:20 pm »

Yeah can't find it. I'll post it. Oh, c:\users\superpredator\appdata
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 02:03:00 pm by Pistolero »

TomiTapio

• Bay Watcher
  • OldGenesis since 2012
    • View Profile
    • My Flickr animal photos
« Reply #1364 on: June 30, 2010, 09:51:37 pm »

I just started using Therapist today. It's well nice, especially the sort by "how many labors" and find the unhappiest grumps.
Also found out easily which of the migrants already have reasonable military training.

I selected a bunch of no-skills migrants and let them have a digging competition. Those who learned mining the quickest got permanent jobs as respected miners. The engraver who had three babies during a party got a mining job.
==OldGenesis mod== by Deon & TomiTapio. Five wood classes, four leather classes. Nine enemy civs. So much fine-tuning.
47.05e release: http://dffd.bay12games.com/who.php?id=1538
OldGenesis screenshots: https://twitter.com/hashtag/OldGenesis?src=hashtag_click&f=image
My Finnish language file: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=14884
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 124