Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620723 times)

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.4 6/10/10 see first post)
« Reply #1245 on: June 14, 2010, 03:33:13 pm »

chmod,

Long time lurker, first post - wonderful app btw.
I have coded up a windows Autoupdater thats fairly simple to use that I use for my COH mod EuropeInRuins - if youre interested, send me a PM.

Regards
L
Hey thanks! Your project looks awesome, I'll be reinstalling COH tonight thanks to you.

At this time I don't think making an auto-updater is the best use of my time. We're talking about downloading and unzipping 1 file, for crying out loud.

Is there a way of getting a chart in it for combat skills?
Apologies in advance if that was a stupid question.
I'm getting sick enough of answering that question that I just may put it back in (minus the broken columns).

FuzzyDoom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: June 14, 2010, 03:54:56 pm »

Any chance you could color-code the Social tab? I mean just like Grey-White-Grey-White, just something along those lines.
Also bear in mind that dwarves have their heads at a perfect height for a good face-kicking.
That's the great thing about this forum. We can derail any discussion into any other topic.

Mir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: June 14, 2010, 04:03:28 pm »

Recent difficulties with DT (I have it working fine now, though!) have reminded me of how indispensable this mod is.

I honestly feel that DF verges on unplayable without DT at it's side.

So, chmod, thanks once again for all your awesome work.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1248 on: June 14, 2010, 05:12:39 pm »

Any chance you could color-code the Social tab? I mean just like Grey-White-Grey-White, just something along those lines.
No, but you can :)

Go to views, and open the gridviews dock. Right click the social one and copy it. You can edit the copy to your heart's content, and the default social tab will always be there if you screw it up too badly.

Recent difficulties with DT (I have it working fine now, though!) have reminded me of how indispensable this mod is.

I honestly feel that DF verges on unplayable without DT at it's side.

So, chmod, thanks once again for all your awesome work.
You're quite welcome. I'm glad it's working for you.

LuciferNZ

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: June 15, 2010, 12:30:50 am »

Hey thanks! Your project looks awesome, I'll be reinstalling COH tonight thanks to you.

At this time I don't think making an auto-updater is the best use of my time. We're talking about downloading and unzipping 1 file, for crying out loud.
Hey no problem - Im EIRRMod on the Forum and Ventrillo.

Also, the Autoupdater that I have coded up, can run for any set of files with basically no setup.
All you need is a place to host the files, and adding in the (small) updater.exe

Id even do all that FOR you - just PM me on the forum, or chat to me on vent ;)

Regards
L
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 12:33:28 am by LuciferNZ »
Persistant WW2 Wargame - Company of Heroes mod
Europe In Ruins: - http://www.europeinruins.com

tefalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Priest of Syrinx
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: June 16, 2010, 10:50:39 am »

How could a new DT version find my old professions? It said I had a custom profession named labors when i started it. :o

DT doesn't save anything on some C: folder, does it? =(

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1251 on: June 16, 2010, 11:23:19 am »

How could a new DT version find my old professions? It said I had a custom profession named labors when i started it. :o

DT doesn't save anything on some C: folder, does it? =(
Yes it saves things in your home folder under AppData\UDPSoftware

tefalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Priest of Syrinx
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: June 16, 2010, 01:08:16 pm »

Okay, thanks. I just searched for dwarf therapist. *casts a powerful curse over the documents and settings folder*

Massena

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: June 17, 2010, 10:35:27 am »

I'd like to begin this overly formal reply by thanking you for this amazing utility, and then continue by begging shamelessly for a mac version.

Recently, out of sheer desperation I have tried to do the port myself. So I changed a few headers, added a few placeholder functions, still trying just to get it to compile. The latest error I've been getting I can't figure out:

Code: [Select]
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
I'm trying to build it on QtCreator, which is a surprisingly better IDE than I thought it was. Was is something I did? Was it something I didn't do? Also, I left all the functions in the dfinstanceosx as placeholders, I'll worry about that later, if I get to that.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 12:05:59 pm by Massena »

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1254 on: June 17, 2010, 02:05:01 pm »

I'd like to begin this overly formal reply by thanking you for this amazing utility, and then continue by begging shamelessly for a mac version.

Recently, out of sheer desperation I have tried to do the port myself. So I changed a few headers, added a few placeholder functions, still trying just to get it to compile. The latest error I've been getting I can't figure out:

Code: [Select]
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
I'm trying to build it on QtCreator, which is a surprisingly better IDE than I thought it was. Was is something I did? Was it something I didn't do? Also, I left all the functions in the dfinstanceosx as placeholders, I'll worry about that later, if I get to that.
You're further than I've gotten. That should work to just stub out all of the OSX functions to at least get it compiling (which I have done in the past) however the base class DFInstance has a much different interface than it used to. So some of the methods in DFInstanceOSX probably have incorrect signatures now.

If you're serious about putting in the work to do this, come idle with us on IRC (#dwarftherapist on freenode)

scira

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 17, 2010, 07:12:24 pm »

So for awhile DT(0.4.2) wasn't working :'( and I gave up on trying to fix it.
I had of course seen the known issues file, but the error wasn't the one I was getting (it just said it wasn't configured properly) so I ignored it. On a whim today I tried downloading the VS  package anyway, and sure as heck it worked!

Anyway though, great utility!

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1256 on: June 17, 2010, 08:36:34 pm »

So for awhile DT(0.4.2) wasn't working :'( and I gave up on trying to fix it.
I had of course seen the known issues file, but the error wasn't the one I was getting (it just said it wasn't configured properly) so I ignored it. On a whim today I tried downloading the VS  package anyway, and sure as heck it worked!

Anyway though, great utility!
Ah yes, versions up to 0.4.2 were built by Visual Studio and required the redist package. I'm quite happy to have switched to gcc for all platforms. I'm glad it's working for you!

Snook

• Bay Watcher
  • Sultan of Swing
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 17, 2010, 11:52:00 pm »

I'm playing 31.06 and am using DT 5.4 (the latest). I've noticed that when I get some migrants, the skills listed on the mouseover and the skills shown in the tabs (cells?) differ. As in, it'll say that Urist McWhatever has lvl 12 in tanning, but the cells only display his lvl 4 woodcutting. Very odd. Is this a known issue?
Hello my name is Kristoffer Jørgensen and I am from Norweigen
I come to see hot USA girls and history landmarks!!

EvilGrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: June 18, 2010, 06:34:31 am »

The 'Dwarf Details' Dock lists the skills for the highlighted dwarf in the grid view (basically the last dwarf you clicked on), not the dwarf you you are hovering the mouse over.

caperon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: June 19, 2010, 02:41:11 pm »

Memory layouts for 07 - windows graphic version (using phoebus)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Windows legacy layouts:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 02:54:27 pm by caperon »
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 124