Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620504 times)

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.0 4/10/10 see first post)
« Reply #1035 on: April 23, 2010, 08:44:21 am »

RTFM.

It was posted in this topic already. Try searching first.

You are aware that searching for "Dwarf Therapist 40d19" brings you a hit that's 23 pages too late, and even then doesn't bring you to the message that actually links to the one with the memory values?
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: April 23, 2010, 08:58:09 am »

You are aware that searching for "Dwarf Therapist 40d19" brings you a hit that's 23 pages too late, and even then doesn't bring you to the message that actually links to the one with the memory values?

For me it gives 5 results, only two of which mention the settings file (the third and forth ones) the first of which is also the link to the correct post showing the ini settings file.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: April 23, 2010, 09:11:08 am »

Search in the modding forum(i.e. where the DT thread has been all along), and you get two of those results. The first links to a page with a link to information, but not to the post with the actual link. (This, incidentally, is what I got as the first hit on the more general search - again, not the thread with the link. Scrolling down from where it lands gets "sorry, it's not supported".) The second hit links to the DFHack version of DT.

Even in the more general search, the excerpts of the useful posts have enough code in them to be intimidating if you don't already know that that's precisely what you need.

The point: The search tool is not the holy grail that some people think it is. In this case especially, it's possible to shoot yourself in the foot by trying to use an appropriately defined search - the useful hits are buried in FOTF threads in General Discussion(and if you were to tell someone "it's posted in this thread" regarding the 1000-page monstrosity that one of them is in, you would deserve to be slapped). Combine that with the length of even this thread, and if you don't already know exactly what you're looking for, it's easy to get discouraged and give up.

I say all this because one of the strongest things about DF, in my experience, has been a friendly and helpful community. Anything that makes it more hostile and insular, thus, weakens the experience.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Silencer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: April 23, 2010, 10:25:19 am »

I got a hold of the 40d19 setup, and I definitely appreciate the help... :V

That said, I was hoping more for a "Oh, it's here, -link-" kind of reply instead of a totally useless and hostile "RTFM, already been posted somewhere in this 70 page thread."

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1039 on: April 23, 2010, 12:31:49 pm »

http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/wiki/SupportedGameVersions

Let's take it down a notch guys. I'm getting close to another release for this weekend which will include 0.31.03 support as well as some other restored features.

This thread is too long to really be useful anymore. I invite everyone who wants answers to use DT's dedicated forum over at:  http://udpviper.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=36

Where you can make new threads about DT and they will get answered!

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #1040 on: April 23, 2010, 01:05:29 pm »

Let's take it down a notch guys. I'm getting close to another release for this weekend which will include 0.31.03 support as well as some other restored features.

This thread is too long to really be useful anymore. I invite everyone who wants answers to use DT's dedicated forum over at:  http://udpviper.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=36

Sounds shiny.  Could you just make sure to post a quick post here when you update the versions?  Thankee much!
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: April 23, 2010, 01:09:44 pm »

Sigh... another login... another forum.  I'll hang out here for now.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1042 on: April 23, 2010, 01:14:35 pm »

Sigh... another login... another forum.  I'll hang out here for now.
Yeah I feel your pain. I've turned on non-authed posting in that forum though. So you don't have to sign-up. Let me know if that's not working for you.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.1 4/24/10 see first post)
« Reply #1043 on: April 24, 2010, 09:51:19 pm »

0.5.1 is out with support for 0.31.03! See first post!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2010, 10:04:39 pm by chmod »

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: April 24, 2010, 10:16:42 pm »

Thank goodness, no more people asking why it won't work with 31.03.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1045 on: April 24, 2010, 10:19:50 pm »

Tell me about it. :)

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: April 24, 2010, 10:34:51 pm »

How do I get this one to work then?

/duck

Did you manage to figure out the problem with assigning miners/hunters/tool handlers?
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1047 on: April 24, 2010, 10:44:13 pm »

How do I get this one to work then?

/duck

Did you manage to figure out the problem with assigning miners/hunters/tool handlers?
Not yet :(

http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/source/browse/KNOWN_ISSUES.txt

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: April 24, 2010, 11:58:07 pm »

Why does it make my 31.03 crash?!

Well, it is the first crash I've had and I did expect it with leaving DT running for too long.

Alu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: April 25, 2010, 01:24:15 am »

YAY for 0.5.1! Thanks and keep up the good work!
Wouldn't play DF without DT anymore

Btw, is there a way to see in DT if a Dwarf is dead? or exclude them?
"He admired a wonderful Trap lately"
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 124