Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620407 times)

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.0 4/10/10 see first post)
« Reply #1005 on: April 20, 2010, 02:25:19 pm »

Allow me to illustrate this phenomina in another of my outlandish "LODE's one-part pictorals":

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

note: that's me there on the left. ain't i cute?
« Last Edit: April 20, 2010, 02:28:59 pm by lodester »

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: April 20, 2010, 03:26:25 pm »

Lol, the last few pages of this thread really have deteriorated into the same two questions being asked over, and over, and over again :D

Must say thanks again though Chmod, I certainly couldn't play DF to any level of efficiency without your work!

ChokingVictim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: April 20, 2010, 03:46:44 pm »

If I could suggest something, I'd suggest Bolding the Profession names when grouped by profession. Not a big deal but, hey, doesn't hurt to ask.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1008 on: April 20, 2010, 04:04:35 pm »

I'd like my dwarf therapist to dispense cookies directly into my food hole when I click a button.

Thanks.

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: April 20, 2010, 04:08:51 pm »

I'd like my dwarf therapist to dispense cookies directly into my food hole when I click a button.

Thanks.

/signed

though i would like this to be automated, so just constantly shove cookies down my food hole at startup. I'll just look away and let the cookies slide on to the floor when i get tired.

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #1010 on: April 20, 2010, 04:39:28 pm »

Thanks.

/signed

though i would like this to be automated, so just constantly shove cookies down my food hole at startup. I'll just look away and let the cookies slide on to the floor when i get tired.

Just be careful to turn on your refuse collection, or you'll end up having negative thoughts due to miasma...  Also a problem if you haven't gotten soap production up and running.  :)
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"

Saucetenuto

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: April 20, 2010, 06:17:47 pm »

I remember there being a way to auto update the data in DT but i can't figure out how (maybe just be missing it)
FWIW, you can use AutoHotKey to periodically send Control-R to Dwarf Therapist, maybe once a second or so, and get automatic updates that way.  Probably you'd want to configure it to stop doing that if DT is the active window, but AHK supports that.  Doing this might crash DT and/or DF though.

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: April 21, 2010, 12:28:14 am »

I understand that documentation isn't going to help for people who don't read it, but in the case of people who DO go so far as to scan the most recent page or two of thread posts, copy-and-pasting into the first post would be a great help.

After all, this thread is almost 70 pages long. Reading through it in detail would take an undue length of time; skimming it is prone to missing the information one wants.

Regarding automatic updates - I'd honestly worry about any effort to do so, thinking it might cause hangs if it tries to read at a bad time, but I've never got my programming skills up to interprocess communication, so I can't be sure. Updating skills would seem to be largely unnecessary(when I'm managing skills and labors, either DF is paused or I'm just not that worried that my skill displays will be a few seconds out of date); I'm not sure if there could be a separate realtime view for just the jobs, and/or if it'd be easier to update just that column in realtime.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: April 21, 2010, 12:49:28 am »

Read my post above, 31.03 is not supported, that's why it's spitting out it's checksum. Follow my instructions to add support.

chmod, please add instructions of how to get it working with 31.03 to the front page.
Thanks! :D
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Kipi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: April 21, 2010, 09:33:11 am »

Noticed one interesting thing yesterday:
DT doesn't list the translations of the last names correctly. For example, dwarf name Minkot Oslangoden is translated as "Minkot Wind clockrope" in DT, but as "Minkot Woundrope" in DF. Not all names do get translated wrong, though some do. Minor thing, but a bit annoying when running community fortress...

Oh, and I'm using the latest version of DT (works with .03) and DF version .01. Haven't tested if this is happening with .02 or .03 versions of DF as well...
Room Values - !!SCIENCE!!

Quote from: zanchito
You know, they could teach maths like this at school. "There are 105 dwarves in a settlement. A goblin invasion appears and 67 die. Then a migrant wave..."

Zalaeth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: April 21, 2010, 11:15:58 am »

Ehm, the 0.5.0 version of dwarf therapist dosen't work on 31.03 with me, it works with you..? I've tested it on several computers and there's an error when I open it.

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: April 21, 2010, 11:20:08 am »

Ehm, the 0.5.0 version of dwarf therapist dosen't work on 31.03 with me, it works with you..? I've tested it on several computers and there's an error when I open it.

Two posts up from yours someone quoted the solution to this, click the link to his post and get the file.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1017 on: April 21, 2010, 12:21:15 pm »

GUYS I DIDN'T READ ANYTHING IN THIS THREAD WHY WONT 0.5.0 WORK WITH 31.03?!?

::)

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: April 21, 2010, 12:40:16 pm »

GUYS I DIDN'T READ ANYTHING IN THIS THREAD WHY WONT 0.5.0 WORK WITH 31.03?!?

::)
God damn, so true.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: April 21, 2010, 01:02:19 pm »

This is going round like a Benny Hill sketch...
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 124