Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620416 times)

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails apply magma
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.0 4/10/10 see first post)
« Reply #990 on: April 19, 2010, 07:05:53 pm »

I remember there being a way to auto update the data in DT but i can't figure out how (maybe just be missing it)
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #991 on: April 19, 2010, 07:16:09 pm »

I remember there being a way to auto update the data in DT but i can't figure out how (maybe just be missing it)
CTRL+R, or you can press the read-dwarves toolbar button, or you can use File->Read Dwarves.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 19, 2010, 07:18:06 pm »

CTRL+R, or you can press the read-dwarves toolbar button, or you can use File->Read Dwarves.
Those methods aren't very automatic though. ;)
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 19, 2010, 07:28:14 pm »

realtime updates are beyond low on my priority list. I have absolutely no problem refreshing the dwarf list. I'd much rather have a stable app with chmod working on new features and catching up to .03+ than a realtime scanner that risks collisions and stability.

Most players pause the game quite frequently anyway, and refreshing DT is a massively inconvenient single click away. Very low value to remarkably high risk for what this kind of application does. I vote no: DT does not ever need to be realtime as far as I'm concerned, particularly in balance with other priorities.
Would it be nice? Sure. Is it important? Nope.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 19, 2010, 07:34:58 pm »

realtime updates are beyond low on my priority list. I have absolutely no problem refreshing the dwarf list. I'd much rather have a stable app with chmod working on new features and catching up to .03+ than a realtime scanner that risks collisions and stability.

Most players pause the game quite frequently anyway, and refreshing DT is a massively inconvenient single click away. Very low value to remarkably high risk for what this kind of application does. I vote no: DT does not ever need to be realtime as far as I'm concerned, particularly in balance with other priorities.
Would it be nice? Sure. Is it important? Nope.
Not saying I don't agree... was just pointing out that they were looking for an automatic refresh and manual methods were presented.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 19, 2010, 07:39:57 pm »

yeah i was speaking in more general terms to the request, as it seems to pop up from time to time - not your post specifically.

The nature of memory scanning and injecting between two foreign applications is such that realtime operations are generally speaking a big no-no at peril of stability or corruption. I believe at one point chmod was looking in to a read-only realtime mode, but frankly I personally never saw the value in with that effort in juxtapose to other features and fixes - now in particular with the massive changes in 31.xx

Wh1tefang12

• Bay Watcher
  • If all else fails apply magma
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: April 19, 2010, 08:39:35 pm »

Its no big deal i just remember it auto updating, at least i remember the current jobs did.
Hmm whats that smell... Oh hi Urist still taking that nap, its been 5 months I can only manage to sleep 3 days. You might want to get that Axe wound checked out though; you are in the Hospital.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 19, 2010, 10:30:09 pm »

Any ETA for .03 support?
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 19, 2010, 10:36:32 pm »

Any ETA for .03 support?

Here's a .zip file with the 31.03 memory changes already made.  Hope it works for you all.
Or;
Not to rush ya, but just wondering when the update for the latest version will be up?
Maybe try values from the Dwarf hack program?
Some of the creature offsets got moved a bit, because Toady added a 'healthbar' feature for undead creatures.

Try this file.

Edit: fixed language vector.
And add this; '0x4bc3c470 = v0.31.03' to the top of the windows versions in the 'game.ini', above version .02.

So, copy and paste the text from the page to a file named 'v0.31.03.ini' in \etc\memory_layouts\windows

Then add '0x4bc3c470 = v0.31.03' to 'game_data.ini' in \etc under '#windows'.

It's only two pages back. ::)
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: April 20, 2010, 12:31:18 am »

Im very sorry for that, next time ill check further back.. i went one page back only XD, Good job guys i love DT can play without it hehe
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

xdarkcodex

• Bay Watcher
  • Watch in awe!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: April 20, 2010, 04:28:58 am »

I got an error.
Code: [Select]
GAME CHECKSUM: 0X4bc3c470
the statement below is true
the statement above is false

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: April 20, 2010, 04:36:09 am »

Read my post above, 31.03 is not supported, that's why it's spitting out it's checksum. Follow my instructions to add support.

chmod, please add instructions of how to get it working with 31.03 to the front page.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1002 on: April 20, 2010, 01:08:20 pm »

Read my post above, 31.03 is not supported, that's why it's spitting out it's checksum. Follow my instructions to add support.

chmod, please add instructions of how to get it working with 31.03 to the front page.
I think what may work best in the future is to code that error box to point folks to the Supported Versions wiki page. That page could then be updated with the errors de jour and that would be a good place to put the instructions. However, I don't think any amount of documentation will prevent users asking these questions, since nobody really reads anything.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: April 20, 2010, 01:19:33 pm »

Maybe you should put a link to the supported versions wiki instead of the checksum error?

/sorry

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1004 on: April 20, 2010, 01:27:12 pm »

Maybe you should put a link to the supported versions wiki instead of the checksum error?

/sorry
Heh, unfortunately (fortunately) DT has entered the product stage just past early adoption. The tech-savvy folks have already figured out what DT does, how it does it, and how to get support/changes.

As it's gained popularity, the more mainstream users are starting to show up. They have shorter attention spans, and will put up with less frustration. So the error messages need to dumb it down a bit. This is a natural cycle that seems to happen in all software. I was just hoping I could keep putting out techy versions for a while longer, but it appears it needs to be productized for my own sanity and the sanity of the more savvy users who will continue keeping up with the development effort.

BTW, thank you to all the early adopters who were willing to try a v0.0.1 program, and helped make DT what it is today!
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 124