Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620381 times)

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.0 4/10/10 see first post)
« Reply #975 on: April 19, 2010, 01:42:19 am »

speaking of bugs, is there anywhere besides here I should report a buggy seeming behavior or find out if it's a known issue? (preferably without having to sign up for another service)

I noticed that my carpenter making barrels shows up as forging toy under current task using .03

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt
you have to sign. but it is great source of info
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: April 19, 2010, 01:47:34 am »

speaking of bugs, is there anywhere besides here I should report a buggy seeming behavior or find out if it's a known issue? (preferably without having to sign up for another service)

I noticed that my carpenter making barrels shows up as forging toy under current task using .03

The bug tracker is not the place for DT bugs.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: April 19, 2010, 01:49:13 am »

The bug tracker is not the place for DT bugs.

sorry i thought he was asking for DF bugs. my fault

Slythe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: April 19, 2010, 05:57:36 am »

So I guess no one has run into the bug I got with 40d and 0.4.2 where the number of dwarves listed was different between DF and DT?  I just wonder how DT is detecting these 11 extra imaginary dwarves.

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: April 19, 2010, 06:11:39 am »

So I guess no one has run into the bug I got with 40d and 0.4.2 where the number of dwarves listed was different between DF and DT?  I just wonder how DT is detecting these 11 extra imaginary dwarves.

maybe merchants?

Woof

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: April 19, 2010, 06:23:09 am »

Someone reported it a few pages back, but I'm also getting the "all my dwarves are still there after reclaiming" thing. so a hundred or so 'friendly' flagged, but useless dwarves are cluttering my DT, if only I could figure out how to only make it show dwarves after migration wave 18...

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: April 19, 2010, 06:33:54 am »

Someone reported it a few pages back, but I'm also getting the "all my dwarves are still there after reclaiming" thing. so a hundred or so 'friendly' flagged, but useless dwarves are cluttering my DT, if only I could figure out how to only make it show dwarves after migration wave 18...

i dont know what you mean but dwarf counts are reset after df and dt rerun.

other way: does anyone found solution to "a miner assigned from DT does nothing because doesnt pickup his axe" ?

Woof

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: April 19, 2010, 07:14:06 am »

yes, but in reclaim mode I have a load of friendly dwarves still kicking around the site, and DT loads them the same despite them being useless.

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: April 19, 2010, 07:20:56 am »

yes, but in reclaim mode I have a load of friendly dwarves still kicking around the site, and DT loads them the same despite them being useless.

ah so.. i dont know. i simply wait for merchants to leave

but wait - you can star you profession with numbers or _underscore_ so it will be always above other dorfs' professions

did you solved miners problem? no pickaxe pickup?

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: April 19, 2010, 07:28:09 am »

Pretty sure that's a problem with DT at this time.  I had the same problem earlier.  Designating them as a miner in game seems to work, but designating them in DT doesn't (at least for those that require tools.)
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: April 19, 2010, 07:35:45 am »

Pretty sure that's a problem with DT at this time.  I had the same problem earlier.  Designating them as a miner in game seems to work, but designating them in DT doesn't (at least for those that require tools.)

does it work for already (from DT) assigned miners? so when i unassign thewm from dt and assign in df, they pick their picks up?

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: April 19, 2010, 08:02:43 am »

does it work for already (from DT) assigned miners? so when i unassign thewm from dt and assign in df, they pick their picks up?
The only experiment I tried was unassigned them in game, unpaused, then re-assigned them the job.  Not sure if it will work any other way and I don't know it unpausing is required.  I haven't been able to play yesterday or today to fiddle with it anymore.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

opsneakie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: April 19, 2010, 11:03:26 am »

Quick question, not sure if I'm just a noob or what.

I've been playing Df for several months without any utilities whatsoever, except for visual fortress, and i just discovered Dwarf Therapist. I love it. At least, I love the idea.

Is there any way to have it update in real time? I would love it if I could just keep an eye on Dwarf Therapist to get a ton of information about my dwarves. Do I just have to refresh it whenever I want to know stuff?
Collosal bronze man
With titanic strides he comes
Dwarves he will harvest

DF Twitter

SquidgyB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: April 19, 2010, 12:18:41 pm »

Quick question, not sure if I'm just a noob or what.

I've been playing Df for several months without any utilities whatsoever, except for visual fortress, and i just discovered Dwarf Therapist. I love it. At least, I love the idea.

Is there any way to have it update in real time? I would love it if I could just keep an eye on Dwarf Therapist to get a ton of information about my dwarves. Do I just have to refresh it whenever I want to know stuff?

The DFHack version of DTherapist does exactly that, but for the 40d versions of DF. We'll have to wait for the DFHack library to flesh out a bit, and for someone to pick up where they left off on the DFHack version of DT. All tools and utilities are in a bit of turmoil at the moment, as updates for DF come every few days and a lot of the utils need to be updated each time. Give it a few weeks and things will have settled down.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: April 19, 2010, 02:34:01 pm »

whups, sorry... yeah, that's a bug I am seeing with DT misreporting the activity.  I only reported the version of DF in case it's only applicable to that version.

It doesn't bother me too much because I mostly use DT for figuring out what everyone's skills are and who's assigned to what labors(DF basic interface is not very good for quickly paging through many dwarfs.)
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 124