Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620472 times)

wbjohnston

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.0 4/10/10 see first post)
« Reply #960 on: April 17, 2010, 07:41:03 pm »

Hi, whenever I try to launch Dwarf therapist I get the error message

GAME CHECKSUM: 0x4bc3c470

Is there any fix for this, the program cannot connect to the game

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: April 18, 2010, 03:27:39 am »

Not to rush ya, but just wondering when the update for the latest version will be up?
Maybe try values from the Dwarf hack program?
Some of the creature offsets got moved a bit, because Toady added a 'healthbar' feature for undead creatures.

Try this file.

Edit: fixed language vector.
And add this; '0x4bc3c470 = v0.31.03' to the top of the windows versions in the 'game.ini', above version .02.

So, copy and paste the text from the page to a file named 'v0.31.03.ini' in \etc\memory_layouts\windows

Then add '0x4bc3c470 = v0.31.03' to 'game_data.ini' in \etc under '#windows'.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: April 18, 2010, 09:05:59 am »

Yeah, there is, read this thread.

Slythe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: April 18, 2010, 01:02:42 pm »

I just downloaded and tried out this program for the first time (because I'm playing and learning DF for the first time), and I've run into a problem.  Forgive me if this has been covered before but I couldn't find it in this thread and the site's search function isn't working for me at the moment.  I'm running a game of 40d and version 0.4.2 of DT (the newer versions didn't even work) and the game says I have 27 dwarves (I just got a new immigration wave), but DT lists 38 dwarves.  Is this some known issue or what gives?

userpay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: April 18, 2010, 01:54:36 pm »

I just downloaded and tried out this program for the first time (because I'm playing and learning DF for the first time), and I've run into a problem.  Forgive me if this has been covered before but I couldn't find it in this thread and the site's search function isn't working for me at the moment.  I'm running a game of 40d and version 0.4.2 of DT (the newer versions didn't even work) and the game says I have 27 dwarves (I just got a new immigration wave), but DT lists 38 dwarves.  Is this some known issue or what gives?
I'm pretty sure that version is for the newest versions of DF, not the 40d...

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: April 18, 2010, 02:11:58 pm »

I just downloaded and tried out this program for the first time (because I'm playing and learning DF for the first time), and I've run into a problem.  Forgive me if this has been covered before but I couldn't find it in this thread and the site's search function isn't working for me at the moment. I'm running a game of 40d and version 0.4.2 of DT (the newer versions didn't even work) and the game says I have 27 dwarves (I just got a new immigration wave), but DT lists 38 dwarves.  Is this some known issue or what gives?
I'm pretty sure that version is for the newest versions of DF, not the 40d...
DT 0.4.2 works with DF 40d. DT 0.5.0+ is for DF 31.01+.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

wbjohnston

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: April 18, 2010, 03:58:10 pm »

Thanks Tarran, it works now

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: April 18, 2010, 06:50:06 pm »

It would be helpful if the OP for this thread contained a "Known Issues" section and a warning that bugs encountered while using DT may be DT bugs, not DF bugs.  The mining/woodcutting bug got reported on the DF tracker, and there are probably more reports coming.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 06:53:28 pm by Footkerchief »

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #968 on: April 18, 2010, 08:28:42 pm »

It would be helpful if the OP for this thread contained a "Known Issues" section and a warning that bugs encountered while using DT may be DT bugs, not DF bugs.  The mining/woodcutting bug got reported on the DF tracker, and there are probably more reports coming.
No amount of docs can prevent bad bug reports. People don't read, hence the problem. I take your point, but DT already has a "known issues" which is its own list of bugs. I really can't prevent people from not knowing the difference between DT and DF behavior.

Yobgod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Font Issue
« Reply #969 on: April 18, 2010, 09:26:22 pm »

Does anyone know what font the main DT interface is trying to use? The only text I can see is the vertical list of skills and the male/female icons. Everything else is blank.

I realize I may be on my own, since I'm running everything under wine on Linux... but my fort finally hit a population level where DT is becoming more of a necessity to prevent my acquiring a fell mood. I have all the standard msttcorefonts installed already, which is usually sufficient.

Does anyone have any clues about what font I should be looking for (or, even better, has anyone else gotten the new DT working under wine)?.

jfsh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: April 18, 2010, 09:35:16 pm »

Here's a .zip file with the 31.03 memory changes already made.  Hope it works for you all.

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: April 19, 2010, 12:43:13 am »

Yobgod: Dick back in the thread somewhat. The problem with DT under Wine seems to be more of an Xorg issue - I know that forcing Xorg to use cutting-edge drivers instead of Ubuntu's standard repository cleared the issue up for me when I was running under Jaunty.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: April 19, 2010, 01:22:50 am »

Hi Footkerchief, I know you are Mantis Operator, so I would like to ask: Could  Mantis be also used for some df utilities?
this way you can both easy slip away unrelated bugs to utils authors and suppor community. just idea.
may it be that these are not intentions of bay12 bug tracker, then - it's ok and i've just asked:)
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: April 19, 2010, 01:25:11 am »

No amount of docs can prevent bad bug reports. People don't read, hence the problem. I take your point, but DT already has a "known issues" which is its own list of bugs. I really can't prevent people from not knowing the difference between DT and DF behavior.

that's. plus even with best effort, sometimes you simply can't tell which side to blame:) because you can't see deep enough. Especially in early days of df 2010 when everything can be a bug
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: April 19, 2010, 01:39:50 am »

speaking of bugs, is there anywhere besides here I should report a buggy seeming behavior or find out if it's a known issue? (preferably without having to sign up for another service)

I noticed that my carpenter making barrels shows up as forging toy under current task using .03
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!
Pages: 1 ... 63 64 [65] 66 67 ... 124