Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620337 times)

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.0 4/10/10 see first post)
« Reply #915 on: April 13, 2010, 03:57:15 pm »

That seemed to work.  Thanks for the work, chmod!

Jamus

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: April 13, 2010, 04:14:34 pm »

I'm fairly new to the game.  I was just about ready to give up, and I stumbled on mayday and therapist.  My fort was instantly more accessible.  Thanks!

Unfortunately I've stumbled into the dreadful problem with the mining/woodcutting labors not issuing pickup equipment jobs.  I was able to fix it on a handful of dwarves by squadding them and uniforming them, and apparently luck- I can't get it to work any more for the rest of the dwarves.  It's really making my fort crawl!

Disabling and re-enabling the labor on the affected dwarves does nothing.  Swapping them (ingame) to woodcutting, they'll take an axe.  Swapping them back to mining, they will put the axe back but won't take a pick.  I've tried everything I can think of- swapping their jobs in-game, in therapist, while squadded and holding a pick, unsquadded and walking towards an axe.. everything.  No luck- they adamantly refuse to use a pick.

Is there another workaround anyone can suggest?  Or am I stuck waiting for the therapist update?

Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: April 13, 2010, 04:20:28 pm »

It is not a therapist problem. It is a problem with df2010. You have compounded the problem by putting them in squads. Once in a squad they pretty much will stop working even off duty. So take them all out of squads, clear all their jobs. Issue them either a mining or a woodcutting job and if they still do not pick up the required tool then go in game and disable/enable their job again. Note, do not try swapping miners and wood cutters. Leave them as one or the other. You are just causing more headache than it is worth by trying to swap those two professions.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: April 14, 2010, 01:26:53 pm »

Not to rush ya, but just wondering when the update for the latest version will be up?

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: April 14, 2010, 01:35:58 pm »

Not to rush ya, but just wondering when the update for the latest version will be up?
Maybe try values from the Dwarf hack program?
Some of the creature offsets got moved a bit, because Toady added a 'healthbar' feature for undead creatures.

Try this file.

Edit: fixed language vector.
And add this; '0x4bc3c470 = v0.31.03' to the top of the windows versions in the 'game.ini', above version .02.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

ArPharazon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: April 14, 2010, 01:41:53 pm »

I am using it with Mayday's DFG 27 (31.03) and it seems to work just fine. Thank you very much for this tool, it really makes DF so much more enjoyable!

As an aside, I was wondering:
1) Is it possible to add a stocks screen to DT (z-right, right, right)?
2) Is it's possible to change job manager orders (u-m) with an external program?

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: April 14, 2010, 01:48:38 pm »

I am using it with Mayday's DFG 27 (31.03) and it seems to work just fine. Thank you very much for this tool, it really makes DF so much more enjoyable!

2) Is it's possible to change job manager orders (u-m) with an external program?

While I am sure chmod can answer fully, from my limited programming knowlege, I would say a stocks screen is possible, but it would take a long time to pull all the information in a big fortress with many items.

The job managers orders because they are created would probably not be so easy, because the memory pointers do not exist before you make a job.   Perhaps if the variable is an int variable a program could override the existing number of thirty up to 60,000... but no assurances it would not crash DF or that DF would not catch the deception and immediately turn it back down to thirty... Or that it would not cause mass lag...
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

Ampoliros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: April 14, 2010, 02:18:25 pm »

While I am sure chmod can answer fully, from my limited programming knowlege, I would say a stocks screen is possible, but it would take a long time to pull all the information in a big fortress with many items.

The job managers orders because they are created would probably not be so easy, because the memory pointers do not exist before you make a job.   Perhaps if the variable is an int variable a program could override the existing number of thirty up to 60,000... but no assurances it would not crash DF or that DF would not catch the deception and immediately turn it back down to thirty... Or that it would not cause mass lag...

there was a little program I caught once on the forums for 40d16 that allowed up to 65535 jobs to be queued in the job manager. It didn't seem to mess anything up too bad, apart from the fact that once all jobs had to be verified by the manager, jobs of large size would basically never get rubberstamped as they took too long to be managed  ;D

Balin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: April 14, 2010, 06:03:55 pm »

Great job on the tool! Many thanks.

have a small issue to report in Therapist 0.5.0 + DF 0.31.03
"Make coke from Bituminous coal" job shows up as "Unknown job" in Therapist.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: April 14, 2010, 06:34:46 pm »

Maybe try values from the Dwarf hack program?
Some of the creature offsets got moved a bit, because Toady added a 'healthbar' feature for undead creatures.

Try this file.

Edit: fixed language vector.
And add this; '0x4bc3c470 = v0.31.03' to the top of the windows versions in the 'game.ini', above version .02.

Okay cool, thanks.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #925 on: April 14, 2010, 06:40:36 pm »

Soonish. :)

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 14, 2010, 09:39:03 pm »

Soonish. :)
of course. everything's always "soon".
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 15, 2010, 08:32:22 am »

If you're impatient for the release of a working stable program, then WHY IN THE HELL are you playing Dwarf Fortress?!

...Seriously. I doubt I'll live to see v1.0.

lordkrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 15, 2010, 08:35:11 am »

If you're impatient for the release of a working stable program, then WHY IN THE HELL are you playing Dwarf Fortress?!

...Seriously. I doubt I'll live to see v1.0.

I'm not sure Toady will.  :)

Petr Ga

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 15, 2010, 08:50:02 am »

seconded
2: Give RMs a gas syndrome that causes RMs only to breed profusely.
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 124