Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620311 times)

Mishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.4.2 10/26/09 see first post)
« Reply #825 on: April 09, 2010, 07:08:12 am »

Chmod said the current 'bare bones' therapist was only for those who had been following the thread, as a bonus. It makes sense that he didnt update the thread title under that condition.

version 31.03 already out? we fixed for version 31.02... go back a page and look on the bottom

No i meant .02. Maybe i need to go back a few pages and re download therapist, then.

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: April 09, 2010, 07:53:14 am »

Chmod said the current 'bare bones' therapist was only for those who had been following the thread, as a bonus. It makes sense that he didnt update the thread title under that condition.

version 31.03 already out? we fixed for version 31.02... go back a page and look on the bottom

No i meant .02. Maybe i need to go back a few pages and re download therapist, then.

You have to fix the .ini yourself; a few pages (1-2) back chmod posted steps to find the new memory offset (it was recent enough that as I type this reply, it's not off the "topic summary" replies showing at the bottom of the reply screen.

For the "update the thread title" discussion, sorry if I came off a little grumpy when I first replied; it was late  :-\ My point was that chmod decided not to publicize the release, and I got annoyed when I saw a post basically implying that the creator of the utility shouldn't be allowed to have a "limited availability" version.

As for the"large, unmissable warnings" on this version, I feel that's kind of the point of burying the link in the first place.  If you can read the thread enough to find link, you are probably actually going to read the warning as well.  I know there are plenty of people who will click through any screen between them and the interface they expect, without ever stopping to see what they're clicking (see: any MMO player, how many actually read the EULA/TOS?)

Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: April 09, 2010, 08:03:54 am »

Does anyone know or know how to find the memory offsets for 31.02?

Also, great job chmod.
If you're quite brave you can try this method. It's how I do most of it:
  • Have DT connect to it, it will say something about "I don't know how to talk to this version"
  • Go read the logfile and look for a line that says something about not finding a memory layout for checksum 0xXXXXXXXX. That number is the checksum for the version you're trying to map.
  • Go put a new line in etc/game_data.ini under windows versions. You should be able to see the pattern. It would be something like "0xXXXXXXXX = 0.31.02"
  • Copy the etc/memory_layouts/windows/0.31.01 to etc/memory_layouts/windows/0.31.02
  • Update the checksum in the new 0.31.02 file to match what was found in the log
  • Relaunch DT and see if it connects now. Note: You need to be in dwarf fortress mode, this won't work while you're in the main menu. I generally just embark on a new map with 7. Customize your first dwarf in the list to have nickname "FirstCreature", and custom profession "FirstProfession".
  • If you connected ok, hit the "Scan Memory" button in DT's toolbar. You can try the buttons "Find Translation Vector" and "Find Dwarf Race Index" "Find Creature Vector" etc... This may or may not work, but it's what needs to be done. As you find new vectors, try putting them into the 0.31.02 layout file you made and then relaunch DT after each change to see if it works.

It's a long tedious process, and it helps to understand how C++ allocates memory, but I've been working a bit on making this process easier with that scanner tool.

It is this right here. If you cant do that then I would suggest going back to 30.01 until a more official release is done. Maybe someone could post their edited version online somewhere but that would take longer than doing the changes yourself.

Flop

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike the couch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: April 09, 2010, 03:38:04 pm »

I for one would appreciate if someone could upload their modified version somewhere. I really suck at stuff like this. :)

Ampoliros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: April 09, 2010, 04:23:37 pm »

I just did up to #6 and everything loaded/read/whathaveyou without scanning anything, professions set fine, yadda yadda. I dunno if more magick is required, but i'll at least post what i have so everyone doesn't have to go through the same steps.

add to Dwarf Therapist/etc/game_data.ini, under #windows. I added at the top, don't know if it makes a difference:

0x4bbdf378 = v0.31.02

copy v0.31.01.ini in Therapist/etc/memory_layouts/windows and rename v0.31.02
replace first two lines under [info] with

checksum                = 0x4bbdf378
version_name            = v0.31.02

^^how to update your dwarf therapist. It is quite literally copy and pasting three lines into two text files. :P

rdwulfe

• Bay Watcher
  • Rion Wulfe
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: April 09, 2010, 04:41:39 pm »

I do hope he manages a full integration with DF 0.31 soon. Currently, I it seems that it cannot even see several positions. Reported 78 Dwarves when I had 100, and often will not even connect to DF without me restarting either DF or Therapist.

Not to mention it not properly recognizing 1/2 of the positions. I almost wish it would look at where the game is located, check the raws for what the position names are, etc.
"   So the gods discussed it and created elves. The Elves were beautiful, Mistral Thrax admitted, in and elvish way, but it was his belief that the gods grew disappointed after a time because the elves -- being elves -- were essentially decorative but not particularly functional. They were content simply to live long lives and to exist. They did not nothing of any real value, in the opinion of Mistral Thrax."
   -- The Covenant of the Forge by Dan Parkinson, a Dragon Lance Novel

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #831 on: April 09, 2010, 04:43:30 pm »

I do hope he manages a full integration with DF 0.31 soon. Currently, I it seems that it cannot even see several positions. Reported 78 Dwarves when I had 100, and often will not even connect to DF without me restarting either DF or Therapist.

Not to mention it not properly recognizing 1/2 of the positions. I almost wish it would look at where the game is located, check the raws for what the position names are, etc.
Patience, sir. It's a virtue. You are more than welcome to submit patches that fix this stuff.

PeterTheEvilBastard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: April 09, 2010, 04:47:22 pm »

Thanks a bunch. Honestly, I hate computers. If I could play DF on tabletop, I would :P

That was to Ampoliros, of course :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 04:49:33 pm by PeterTheEvilBastard »

yeznik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: April 09, 2010, 04:55:19 pm »

Also, it looks as though the dwarfs I can't assign labors to consistently have social skills but no practical skills.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 05:20:51 pm by yeznik »

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #834 on: April 09, 2010, 05:04:16 pm »

For those of you who have trouble figuring this stuff out, I've uploaded a working version for 0.31.02. :D

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jizyzdzmwwu/DwarfTherapist-0.4.3.rar

I really wish you wouldn't do that. The more unofficial versions there are floating around out there, the more it confuses everyone. You're making me regret releasing the little bit I already have.

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: April 09, 2010, 05:08:03 pm »

At the very least have the decency to not give it a new version number. Uploading it as a new version (.4.3 as compared to .4.2 w/hack) is going to confuse us. I saw .4.3 and was about to give chmod a hug until I realized it was just a hacked .4.2. :/

I'm currently waiting for chmod's next release. I'm patient, I know it's going to take a while, and the new menu layers added in the game make it a lot easier, but chmod's work gives you a brilliant spreadsheet to see it at a glance.

Keep up the good work, chmod. :)
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.

yeznik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: April 09, 2010, 05:21:58 pm »

Er, I didn't give it a new version, that's what the version on googlecodes is.

I apologize for uploading a hacked version though, thought I was being helpful, haha. I'll take it down immediately.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: April 09, 2010, 06:01:00 pm »

Is there a sort-of-working version of DT for DF 31?

Asmodeous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: April 09, 2010, 06:04:52 pm »

chmod posted a way to hack it to work, it's a page or two back, and quoted onto this page as well in Ampoliros' post too.
(There is a story behind this. . .)

This is an Alder Omelette. All craftsdwarfship is of highest quality. It is encircled with bands of cheese. It menaces with spikes of bacon, ham, and peppers. On the object is an image of dwarves in egg white. The dwarves are eating.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: April 09, 2010, 06:14:36 pm »

Dead dwarves still don't disappear, though, so I've just taken to assigning them their own job category "ZZZ - Deceased".  Keeps them out of my hair.  Also, occasionally DT won't let me change labors on certain dwarves.  Everyone else is just fine, but a random dwarf just won't change unless I go in and do it manually.

I did the same kind of thing for kidnapped children in 40D as those wouldn't dissapear from DT either.

Anyways, yea didn't quite see the hacked version quote. However, given that people are reporting some issues with it, I think I'll wait for a release from chmod since it should be soon.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 124