Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620316 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.4.2 10/26/09 see first post)
« Reply #795 on: April 08, 2010, 06:44:12 am »

It had too much potential for drama the way I wrote it... it was less than polite.
He's too professional for drama. You have my admiration sir.

Swamp Donkey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 08, 2010, 08:54:56 am »

Hey,
I just started Dwarf Fortress because 2010 came out. I can't even describe the amount of fun I'm having, and, so much of it is do to this handy little mod! Thanks for making it! It seems when a Dwarf dies in my fort hes not removed from the therapist list, is this because of the upgrade to make it work for 2010, or, something I'm doing wrong within Dwarf Therapist. I lost 5 from 42 which should leave me with 37, but, the same 42 are showing up. In fact its saying that the ones the died are now legendary in the military profession they took up (if they were legendary in it before they died they may not have died.) Any thoughts?

Try restarting DF and DT, that's what works for me :)
Ugh, I thought I had read the 2010 release parts fairly carefully but missed the one liner about dead dwarfs. I just thought I would add my two cents, would it better to name dead dwarfs 1, 2, 3, etc. since they'll show up on the top and bottom of the list. Might be easier to ignore that way.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 09:11:34 am by Swamp Donkey »

Ilmoran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 08, 2010, 09:13:10 am »

I know we're not supposed to log bugs against this version, but I'm just wondering:  Does anyone else see some of their dwarf skill levels not showing up in the grid?  Specifically, I have to identify my mechanic in my grid by finding the only guy with mechanic enabled, because his skill level isn't being represented (I run into this when I'm looking to turn off his hauling jobs so he'll pay attention to the orders for the damned mechanism so I can close my fort!)

Just wondered if anyone else ran into this.

PS:  Thanks for working so hard to release even the basic utility before even having much chance to play with the new DF release!

random51

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 08, 2010, 09:19:30 am »

Quote from: peterix link=topic=39229.msg1147007#msg1147007
I believe some of those problems with DT not seeing dwarves can be fixed by using a different creature vector: 0x0166eccc instead of DT's 0x0166ed2c.
Indeed, switching it makes DT find DF every time and all my dwarves as far as I can tell and DT doesn't mysteriously stop working once connected.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 09:53:19 am by random51 »

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 08, 2010, 09:23:30 am »

I know we're not supposed to log bugs against this version, but I'm just wondering:  Does anyone else see some of their dwarf skill levels not showing up in the grid?  Specifically, I have to identify my mechanic in my grid by finding the only guy with mechanic enabled, because his skill level isn't being represented (I run into this when I'm looking to turn off his hauling jobs so he'll pay attention to the orders for the damned mechanism so I can close my fort!)

I have the same problem - also, in fact, with the mechanic. I'm not sure if I've run into it with other skills, but that one in particular seems to be all too frequently missing from the grid.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #800 on: April 08, 2010, 12:19:12 pm »

Brief update.

Last night I got the current job pointer, and last_used, rust, and rust level on skills. Mechanics is fixed, and you can once-again see what your little guys are actually doing.

Thanks do a giant dump of disassembly from Peterix I also have most of the new medical jobs identified. Thanks Peterix!

I have not yet started looking for positions, traits, attributes, or squads yet, but I'm hoping they won't take long to find. I'm aiming for another release this weekend that will be less broken and more official. Thank you guys for not flooding my ticket system! :)

lordkrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 08, 2010, 12:21:56 pm »

Does anyone know or know how to find the memory offsets for 31.02?

Also, great job chmod.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #802 on: April 08, 2010, 12:29:40 pm »

Does anyone know or know how to find the memory offsets for 31.02?

Also, great job chmod.
If you're quite brave you can try this method. It's how I do most of it:
  • Have DT connect to it, it will say something about "I don't know how to talk to this version"
  • Go read the logfile and look for a line that says something about not finding a memory layout for checksum 0xXXXXXXXX. That number is the checksum for the version you're trying to map.
  • Go put a new line in etc/game_data.ini under windows versions. You should be able to see the pattern. It would be something like "0xXXXXXXXX = 0.31.02"
  • Copy the etc/memory_layouts/windows/0.31.01 to etc/memory_layouts/windows/0.31.02
  • Update the checksum in the new 0.31.02 file to match what was found in the log
  • Relaunch DT and see if it connects now. Note: You need to be in dwarf fortress mode, this won't work while you're in the main menu. I generally just embark on a new map with 7. Customize your first dwarf in the list to have nickname "FirstCreature", and custom profession "FirstProfession".
  • If you connected ok, hit the "Scan Memory" button in DT's toolbar. You can try the buttons "Find Translation Vector" and "Find Dwarf Race Index" "Find Creature Vector" etc... This may or may not work, but it's what needs to be done. As you find new vectors, try putting them into the 0.31.02 layout file you made and then relaunch DT after each change to see if it works.

It's a long tedious process, and it helps to understand how C++ allocates memory, but I've been working a bit on making this process easier with that scanner tool.

Gara-nis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 08, 2010, 01:40:58 pm »

If you're quite brave you can try this method. It's how I do most of it:
  • Have DT connect to it, it will say something about "I don't know how to talk to this version"
  • Go read the logfile and look for a line that says something about not finding a memory layout for checksum 0xXXXXXXXX. That number is the checksum for the version you're trying to map.
  • Go put a new line in etc/game_data.ini under windows versions. You should be able to see the pattern. It would be something like "0xXXXXXXXX = 0.31.02"
  • Copy the etc/memory_layouts/windows/0.31.01 to etc/memory_layouts/windows/0.31.02
  • Update the checksum in the new 0.31.02 file to match what was found in the log
  • Relaunch DT and see if it connects now. Note: You need to be in dwarf fortress mode, this won't work while you're in the main menu. I generally just embark on a new map with 7. Customize your first dwarf in the list to have nickname "FirstCreature", and custom profession "FirstProfession".
  • If you connected ok, hit the "Scan Memory" button in DT's toolbar. You can try the buttons "Find Translation Vector" and "Find Dwarf Race Index" "Find Creature Vector" etc... This may or may not work, but it's what needs to be done. As you find new vectors, try putting them into the 0.31.02 layout file you made and then relaunch DT after each change to see if it works.

It's a long tedious process, and it helps to understand how C++ allocates memory, but I've been working a bit on making this process easier with that scanner tool.

This worked flawlessly.

Ampoliros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 08, 2010, 01:52:35 pm »

I just did up to #6 and everything loaded/read/whathaveyou without scanning anything, professions set fine, yadda yadda. I dunno if more magick is required, but i'll at least post what i have so everyone doesn't have to go through the same steps.

add to Dwarf Therapist/etc/game_data.ini, under #windows. I added at the top, don't know if it makes a difference:

0x4bbdf378 = v0.31.02

copy v0.31.01.ini in Therapist/etc/memory_layouts/windows and rename v0.31.02
replace first two lines under [info] with

checksum                = 0x4bbdf378
version_name            = v0.31.02

lordkrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 08, 2010, 02:10:32 pm »

Sorry, I would have done this myself sooner, but I had some stuff to do outside of DF.

I ran the memory scanner and checked the locations, everything appears to be identical.  Once you give DT the new checksum, it all works fine.

So just do up to #6 and it's good.  Ampoliros is dead on.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #806 on: April 08, 2010, 02:11:33 pm »

Wow thanks guys! Teach a man to fish and what not :)

I'm at work so can't test it until tonight, but I'm quite pleased to hear nothing else changed but the checksum!

Gara-nis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 08, 2010, 02:21:46 pm »

Also, the alternate creature vector that peterix posted, "0x0166eccc" does seem to solve the disconnect problem for me.

lordkrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 08, 2010, 02:37:19 pm »

Also, the alternate creature vector that peterix posted, "0x0166eccc" does seem to solve the disconnect problem for me.

Actually, doing step 7 and checking for the creature vector yields the address 0x0166ecb4.  Which is between Peterix's vector and the default vector...  But the language vector and dwarf race index, etc, are all the same.

Curiouser and curiouser.  I'll run with the vector I found and see what happens.  I'll let you guys know.

Also, chmod, no problem.

lordkrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 08, 2010, 04:13:46 pm »

Using 0x0166ecb4 as the creature vector has fixed all the disconnect problems for me.  It even works properly when I have immigrants come to the zone, adding them appropriately, whereas previously I had to save and reload and restart DT.

Dead dwarves still don't disappear, though, so I've just taken to assigning them their own job category "ZZZ - Deceased".  Keeps them out of my hair.  Also, occasionally DT won't let me change labors on certain dwarves.  Everyone else is just fine, but a random dwarf just won't change unless I go in and do it manually.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 124