Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620359 times)

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.4.2 10/26/09 see first post)
« Reply #780 on: April 07, 2010, 12:10:28 pm »

The whole military screen has mouse support actually. Anyting is easily clickable as if it was a windows interface and it works great. I love it.
Well, that made it a lot simpler.

Well it is all great... except that I have no mouse cursor...
I can click randomly and stuff gets selected, but it is very hard to do it that way.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: April 07, 2010, 12:21:19 pm »

Well it is all great... except that I have no mouse cursor...
I can click randomly and stuff gets selected, but it is very hard to do it that way.

Maybe you'll try to set [MOUSE_PICTURE:YES] ?
Finis sanctificat media.

Rafal99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 07, 2010, 12:48:36 pm »

Just tried. Still no cursor.
No cursor in mining designation either, but mouse works, I can click randomly and stuff gets designated.
The spinning Tantrum Spiral strikes The Fortress in the meeting hall!
It explodes in gore!
The Fortress has been struck down.

HammerDave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 07, 2010, 12:55:57 pm »

FYI - unknown profession(58) - my dorf with this profession is a "manager" -- came in to the fort as "administrator" and is assigned as the fortress manager.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #784 on: April 07, 2010, 02:31:17 pm »

Nevermind.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 06:17:57 pm by peterix »

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 07, 2010, 03:40:31 pm »

groovy
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 06:55:10 pm by lodester »

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: April 07, 2010, 07:03:52 pm »

okay found it. uhhh this is a little weird. Anyway.. i can confirm occasional disconnects in Win7, but there are times when i can go hours and hours and hours without DT having no problems at all. hooray!

EDITx2: nm. im challenged.

kind regards,
--Lode the Easily Confused
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 10:14:45 pm by lodester »

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 07, 2010, 07:56:56 pm »

That's why DT is such a great tool for a lot of DF. It adds the things DF lacks in terms of functionality: full mouse support and quickly moving between information fields.
Don't forget the funny error messages and progress bars. Everything needs more progress bars :)

Error messages?  What error messages?  (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

monkeyfetus

• Bay Watcher
  • [prefstring:terrible puns]
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: April 07, 2010, 08:12:18 pm »

The whole military screen has mouse support actually. Anyting is easily clickable as if it was a windows interface and it works great. I love it.

*checks this*  Holy...!  Right-click even acts as page-down for your scrolling needs.
Wow. I need to take my hand off the keypad more often. Another unique thing I noticed about the new military interface is that the game doesn't pause when you open the squad menu. I just wish I had noticed this before the ambush instead of during it.
Why does my adventurer keep crying?
Greiger's is actually correct...  sadly enough.  The emotional circumstance processor is still turned on, with a randomly rolled up personality, but they can't express themselves or take control...  they can only cry.

Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 07, 2010, 11:07:14 pm »

*checks this*  Holy...!  Right-click even acts as page-down for your scrolling needs.
Wow. I need to take my hand off the keypad more often. Another unique thing I noticed about the new military interface is that the game doesn't pause when you open the squad menu. I just wish I had noticed this before the ambush instead of during it.

Yes but if you edited the key list to make space the back out button you ruin you ability to use the military menu since you press space to unpause and it back you out.

Swamp Donkey

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: April 08, 2010, 01:26:55 am »

Hey,
I just started Dwarf Fortress because 2010 came out. I can't even describe the amount of fun I'm having, and, so much of it is do to this handy little mod! Thanks for making it! It seems when a Dwarf dies in my fort hes not removed from the therapist list, is this because of the upgrade to make it work for 2010, or, something I'm doing wrong within Dwarf Therapist. I lost 5 from 42 which should leave me with 37, but, the same 42 are showing up. In fact its saying that the ones the died are now legendary in the military profession they took up (if they were legendary in it before they died they may not have died.) Any thoughts?

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: April 08, 2010, 01:50:22 am »

therapist list, is this because of the upgrade to make it work for 2010, or, something I'm doing wrong within Dwarf Therapist.
///
died.) Any thoughts?
Hey, Donkey, just try to read some posts here before writing your own next time...  ;D
Finis sanctificat media.

Grax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Only.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: April 08, 2010, 01:56:40 am »

Nevermind.
Fffuuuuuuu
Why did you delete this?
Finis sanctificat media.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: April 08, 2010, 02:19:48 am »

Hey,
I just started Dwarf Fortress because 2010 came out. I can't even describe the amount of fun I'm having, and, so much of it is do to this handy little mod! Thanks for making it! It seems when a Dwarf dies in my fort hes not removed from the therapist list, is this because of the upgrade to make it work for 2010, or, something I'm doing wrong within Dwarf Therapist. I lost 5 from 42 which should leave me with 37, but, the same 42 are showing up. In fact its saying that the ones the died are now legendary in the military profession they took up (if they were legendary in it before they died they may not have died.) Any thoughts?

Try restarting DF and DT, that's what works for me :)

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #794 on: April 08, 2010, 04:20:26 am »

Nevermind.
Fffuuuuuuu
Why did you delete this?
It had too much potential for drama the way I wrote it... it was less than polite.

Anyway.
I believe some of those problems with DT not seeing dwarves can be fixed by using a different creature vector: 0x0166eccc instead of DT's 0x0166ed2c.
The various lists I got from disassembled DF code can be had here, along with a ton of other offsets: http://github.com/peterix/dfhack/blob/DF2010/output/Memory.xml
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 124