Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620518 times)

Eagleyes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.4.2 10/26/09 see first post)
« Reply #690 on: April 05, 2010, 01:09:08 am »

Awesome! I wanted this bad enough I thought I'd post to say thanks and share my experiences with it so far.

I was so happy to see this, then I started it up...
... and noticed there was only one miserable clothier dwarf with no skills.

I promptly smacked my head against the desk and muttered, "This hasn't been made to work in Windows XP yet, has it?"  :(

The reasoning behind that thought? I saw this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ah well, back to the default method for just a while longer. Still, kudos for giving us a version that at least some of us can use.  ;)

Kent Able

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: April 05, 2010, 01:10:11 am »

Lift an ale to chmod!  :D

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: April 05, 2010, 01:21:50 am »

Awesome! I wanted this bad enough I thought I'd post to say thanks and share my experiences with it so far.

I promptly smacked my head against the desk and muttered, "This hasn't been made to work in Windows XP yet, has it?"  :(

Ah well, back to the default method for just a while longer. Still, kudos for giving us a version that at least some of us can use.  ;)

Most odd.  It appears to work fine for me, and I'm on XP.

danielout

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: April 05, 2010, 01:22:10 am »

I'm drinking a beer in your honor right now, good sir!

Just a small hiccup for other DT users out there: I couldn't get it to connect to DF at first, but when I went back to the main menu it -could- connect, then I loaded my save and refreshed the dwarves and everything seems to be working fine now. Just thought I'd share incase anyone else ran in to the same issue.

LONG LIVE CHMOD!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: April 05, 2010, 01:23:48 am »

Interesting, I'm running it on XP and didn't get those warnings in my log.  Viewing and setting jobs seems to be working fine, after minimal testing, except that I can see my Countess, Countess Consort, and "Merchant Baroness" though they haven't arrived.  I only have 18 dwarves.  More amusing than troublesome, possibly even a feature (:

I don't know what could be causing your trouble ):  I'm using an unmodified download of df_31_01.

Once again, thank you Chmod!  Fifteen thanks from me to you!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

danielout

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: April 05, 2010, 01:33:09 am »

Another heads up: for me, at least, it is showing one countess that isn't in my (u)nits menu, and it is showing my dead dwarves in the list with the alive ones. I just made a custom profession for them to sort them out. Not a big deal, just wanted to let folks know :)

Eagleyes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: April 05, 2010, 01:33:29 am »

I'm drinking a beer in your honor right now, good sir!

Just a small hiccup for other DT users out there: I couldn't get it to connect to DF at first, but when I went back to the main menu it -could- connect, then I loaded my save and refreshed the dwarves and everything seems to be working fine now. Just thought I'd share incase anyone else ran in to the same issue.

LONG LIVE CHMOD!
That... actually worked! I see all dwarves now! Thank you! Not all job skill levels are showing in the table, but they show up when I click on that dwarf, so all's good.
Quote from: Rolan7
Quote from: Eagleyes

-cut-

Interesting, I'm running it on XP and didn't get those warnings in my log.  Viewing and setting jobs seems to be working fine, after minimal testing, except that I can see my Countess, Countess Consort, and "Merchant Baroness" though they haven't arrived.  I only have 18 dwarves.  More amusing than troublesome, possibly even a feature (:

I don't know what could be causing your trouble ):  I'm using an unmodified download of df_31_01.

Once again, thank you Chmod!  Fifteen thanks from me to you!
Mine is slightly modified to try and correct some bugs, but that's it. And... *checks* ... yeah, I got nobles showing up before they actually show up. That is... rather amusing come to think of it. ^^;

Pilgrimager

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: April 05, 2010, 01:38:55 am »

I've got nobles showing up too, but they have the same names as the merchants, liason and guards that are in the current caravan at my fortress. Could DT be mis-categorizing them?

I tried DT on my xp box, but got the 1 dwarf problem. Then I tried it on my Vista laptop and it is working. *whew*

All hail chmod!

Eagleyes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: April 05, 2010, 01:45:20 am »

I've got nobles showing up too, but they have the same names as the merchants, liason and guards that are in the current caravan at my fortress. Could DT be mis-categorizing them?

I tried DT on my xp box, but got the 1 dwarf problem. Then I tried it on my Vista laptop and it is working. *whew*

All hail chmod!
That would explain why some of my dwarfs are showing as nobles (they all have nicknames, but since I haven't seen the nobles yet, they shouldn't have nicknames), or why I have two Counts (without nicknames) and two Hammerers (with nicknames). o.0; Innnnteresting...

Sean_W

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: April 05, 2010, 01:58:31 am »

Meh bugs are to be expected its not a proper release, he knows about most of them. Thanks for the temp stop gap chmod

Stormy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: April 05, 2010, 02:04:21 am »

....  Stop the press!

You can (or will be able to) see the happiness of the Dwarves?! 
Migration wave too?!

By jah! Where has this been in all my time with DF?!

Surely you mean where have you been? Many of us have been enjoying these features in the previous versions for quite some time now!

And praise be to chmod and his missus! Yes, it might not do all the real fun stuff that previous versions did atm, but my god it's so much better than a stinking spreadsheet typed out by hand with a skills matrix!

(as an aside, XP here, no weird errors like mentioned above...)
The 'Poor Spelling' Bolt hits Sentence in the head!
It explodes in gore!
Sentence has been struck down.

Cr9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: April 05, 2010, 02:13:21 am »

And now I can finally leave DFG21 behind for regular play. Chmod a+rx DwarfTherapist for 31.01!

PeterTheEvilBastard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: April 05, 2010, 03:53:50 am »

Works like a charm :D. But wait... You mean there are other features to DT than setting jobs and managing military?... Becouse honestly, if not for the lack of a military screen Id have thought this version is final :P. Anyway, my dorfs and I thank you. And damn well they should, you propably saved their lives :D. Now I can finally streamline that magma forging operation. The underground awaits!

xoen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 05, 2010, 04:23:19 am »

Is there someone, that could help me with d19_2? DT cannot find process, despite using these...
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=39229.msg1092551#msg1092551

upd: well, it is good idea to check updates..works fine now.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 04:48:37 am by xoen »

Flop

• Bay Watcher
  • Strike the couch!
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: April 05, 2010, 05:14:39 am »

Thanks a lot for releasing a working version so soon. Now I can finally play this game properly.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 124