Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620586 times)

Sudius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.4.2 10/26/09 see first post)
« Reply #645 on: April 04, 2010, 08:26:05 am »

Made some more progress today. The labor map is working, and I have it loading dwarves and you can set their labors. However I still haven't figured out how skills are stored. I may have to cut some corners and just get a version out that allows labors but can't show skill in those labors.

Slow going, but progress is being made.

The difference being what makes Dwarf Therapist a necessity for some people, and what makes it something extra for some people.

For me, and probably many others, managing labors with DT is necessary...  I'm not a pen and person kinda guy, I don't give nicknames to dwarves...  I'm playing right now and basically if something needs to be done I simply find an Idle dwarf and flag that labor.  I've flagged my idle plant grower to mine or brew drink atleast a dozen times now, and then complain when crops aren't being planted...  It's madness trying to organize 50 dwarves! :(

Again, I'm not here to make any demands and I really appreciate all your work, but I think a small release that just controls labor would be greatly appreciated by many!  ;______;

Luffles

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: April 04, 2010, 09:46:01 am »

yeah, a plain labor map would be fine for now i think, thanks for the work

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: April 04, 2010, 10:05:58 am »

I really can't understand how I played with the built-in jobs management. 

The new organized jobs-list is nice: it's easier to set a certain job on a certain dwarf, though a little harder to see exactly what jobs a dwarf has.  But without the Therapist, I can no longer change my Peasant-caste from miners to wood-cutters in two clicks.  Or see if I even have woodcutters already!

Thank you so much, you've removed so much of the unfun tedium from this great game.  I too would appreciate an incomplete release, since many can't bring ourselves to play the new version without it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: April 04, 2010, 11:03:23 am »

Dude, got some therapy coming up?

Keen man!

Tinamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: April 04, 2010, 01:43:59 pm »

DF is pretty much unplayable without Therapist for me, at least once I get past my original 7 dwarves.  An intermediate release that would at least let me assign labors and custom professions to dwarves even if I can't see skill levels would be very helpful.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #650 on: April 04, 2010, 02:02:00 pm »

Your messages have been heard :)

I will make a release tonight that allows labor setting, but 80% of the other features are broken at the moment. The only reason I'm hesitant to make a release is because I know I'll get 50 new bugs concerning the broken areas, since not everyone reads this thread. But I'll manage.

Switching labors is a huge part of the game, and I know DT (even when busted) helps with that. I'll get something out tonight.

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #651 on: April 04, 2010, 02:04:41 pm »

Chmod, why don't you just disable broken features and release just the labor setting? Or do you not want to bother with that, cause it's your ground work for a complete release later on?
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: April 04, 2010, 02:06:26 pm »

YES, NOW I WON'T HAVE TO WATCH EACH INDIVIDUAL MIGRANT COME ONTO THE MAP AND THEN ASSIGN THEM LABORS LEST I FORGET WHO I ALREADY ASSIGNED LABORS TOO!

Chmod, why don't you just disable broken features and release just the labor setting? Or do you not want to bother with that, cause it's your ground work for a complete release later on?
Good idea, disable the features so we won't hit the broken features again and again.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

keith.lamothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 04, 2010, 02:07:16 pm »

I'm really excited about the new release, and I'm really grateful for the past versions of Therapist, and any future work done on it.  I'm one of those so spoiled by the splendor of DT that I can't play fortress mode without it :)  Fwiw, a job-management-only version would be quite sufficient to get me started.

Arena mode has been a lot of fun, though.

(as I hit post I saw chmod's latest had just come in)
Wonderful!  Sorry about the flood of didn't-read-the-disclaimer bug reports you're likely to get, but know that you have my gratitude (accompanied by a small token via paypal) for braving the swarm :)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 04, 2010, 02:09:28 pm »

I see, those bug reports sound like a problem.  Maybe if you just post a link here, for alpha testing?  Those of us who desperately need Therapist have seeked out this thread, and will understand that it's not 100% yet.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #655 on: April 04, 2010, 02:14:18 pm »

Exactly. It's time spent making a release that could be spent fixing things.

I'm really excited about the new release, and I'm really grateful for the past versions of Therapist, and any future work done on it.  I'm one of those so spoiled by the splendor of DT that I can't play fortress mode without it :)  Fwiw, a job-management-only version would be quite sufficient to get me started.

Arena mode has been a lot of fun, though.

(as I hit post I saw chmod's latest had just come in)
Wonderful!  Sorry about the flood of didn't-read-the-disclaimer bug reports you're likely to get, but know that you have my gratitude (accompanied by a small token via paypal) for braving the swarm :)
Thank you for your support! Those bug reports will be brutal :)

I see, those bug reports sound like a problem.  Maybe if you just post a link here, for alpha testing?  Those of us who desperately need Therapist have seeked out this thread, and will understand that it's not 100% yet.
Yeah I think I'll change the bug reporting site to tell people not to bother, and but a big warning dialog on this version of DT that says something like "By clicking OK you promise not to notify me of any bugs, because I already know about them."

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #656 on: April 04, 2010, 02:19:49 pm »

Well either way, best of luck and thanks for the hard work on it. I and seems like everyone else appreciates it... some way more than others.
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

keith.lamothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: April 04, 2010, 02:20:48 pm »

"By clicking OK you promise not to notify me of any bugs, because I already know about them."
Or "Anyone submitting a bug report for this stop-gap release will be attacked by velociraptors.  Survivors will be attacked by carp." :)

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #658 on: April 04, 2010, 02:23:20 pm »

"By clicking OK you promise not to notify me of any bugs, because I already know about them."
Or "Anyone submitting a bug report for this stop-gap release will be attacked by velociraptors.  Survivors will be attacked by carp." :)

Why not velociraptors with rpgs riding sharks with laser beams attacked to their heads?

keith.lamothe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 04, 2010, 02:25:07 pm »

The laser beam shipment couldn't make it in the timeframe.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 124