Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620694 times)

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.4.2 10/26/09 see first post)
« Reply #615 on: April 02, 2010, 01:17:46 pm »

Thank you guys for the encouragement, I too need DT to play DF, and haven't even gotten to play the new version yet  :-\

Rest assured I am convincing the wife that my efforts are needed more on the interwebs this weekend than in our yard. Your posts are helping my case :)

Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 02, 2010, 02:03:46 pm »

I am currently plugging away at the vanilla game but the lack of a manager program is really hurting my fortress.

Hope you can find the time soon chmod. Your work is the cornerstone to making dwarf fortress playable!

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #617 on: April 02, 2010, 02:56:55 pm »

I got the languages figured out, the dwarf race is apparently 0xc8 now (200) instead of 166, and the creature vector is all set.

The labors of course are completely different now, so that will take some time to map out. Has anyone enumerated all the new labors yet? On the wiki somewhere I mean?

Sean_W

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 02, 2010, 03:16:09 pm »

I got the languages figured out, the dwarf race is apparently 0xc8 now (200) instead of 166, and the creature vector is all set.

The labors of course are completely different now, so that will take some time to map out. Has anyone enumerated all the new labors yet? On the wiki somewhere I mean?
Do you mean descriptions or do you just want a list of all the new labors?
I pulled this out of the raw for dwarves
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
So the new ones would be Diagnoser Bone Setter Suturer Surgeon? On the military side i'm not sure what to say, beside possibly release a version with only the labor and not military?

lodester

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 02, 2010, 03:23:12 pm »

I'm pretty sure he's talking about the memory pointers. A majority of the functions require mapping DT's memory.

We don't call it The-rapist for nothing.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #620 on: April 02, 2010, 03:25:16 pm »

I'm working on adding this stuff to DFHack right now.
This I believe is what you are looking for:

Maybe. I just realized labors != professions.

This looks promising:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2010, 04:04:55 pm by peterix »

tefalo

• Bay Watcher
  • Priest of Syrinx
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 02, 2010, 04:24:51 pm »

DT is vital to my fortresses.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 02, 2010, 05:25:18 pm »

Yessss, I need my therapist. Managing my jobs for 7 dwarves is already rather slow, and once the population starts to climb it gets ridiculous... I can't be bothered to remember everyone's names, and I don't usually name them myself... sooo

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 02, 2010, 05:32:54 pm »

Yessss, I need my therapist. Managing my jobs for 7 dwarves is already rather slow, and once the population starts to climb it gets ridiculous... I can't be bothered to remember everyone's names, and I don't usually name them myself... sooo
I too need the therapist. I just name them all something that sounds like their name, which is only vaguely better then no name at all.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Sudius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 02, 2010, 07:07:44 pm »

Rest assured I am convincing the wife that my efforts are needed more on the interwebs this weekend than in our yard. Your posts are helping my case :)

Dear Wife-Of-Chmod,

While I understand myself what it takes to keep a house running and looking nice...  The efforts of your husband will be felt by thousands and if I may request on behalf of the geek population of the internet that you may free him of his weekend obligations this week so that he may provide his services to Armok and his followers.

Sincerely,
Half of the internet.

Mishy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: April 02, 2010, 07:24:20 pm »

I too am amongst the masses that cant function without DT. Thanks for the program and i really hope you can get a reworked version out soon! Im itching to find my first mega beast.

We don't call it The-rapist for nothing.

I seriously thought i was the only one.

Amalthea

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: April 02, 2010, 07:48:01 pm »

Dear Half the Internet,

Your requests have been heard and are currently under review.
While at this time a verdict has not yet been reached, I chance to say your prospects look good.

Affectionately,
Wife of Chmod

Shaostoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Expanding your universe.
    • View Profile
    • Shaostoul Patreon
« Reply #627 on: April 02, 2010, 08:30:29 pm »

Dear Half the Internet,

While at this time a verdict has not yet been reached, I chance to say your prospects look good.

Affectionately,
Wife of Chmod

Well, I don't mean to put you up on a pedestal, but praise be the Wife of Chmod! Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah!

The pesky new method of assigning jobs is taking forever...
I mod games and educate others how to do so as well, if you'd like to learn join my Discord and you can join a bunch of like minded individuals. (Presently modding Space Engineers and No Man's Sky.)

Looking into modding DF? This forum guide & wiki guide may still be a good start!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: April 02, 2010, 08:39:46 pm »

Dear Half the Internet,

Affectionately,
Wife of Chmod

Well, I don't mean to put you up on a pedestal, but praise be the Wife of Chmod! Huzzah Huzzah Huzzah!

The pesky new method of assigning jobs is taking forever...
the pesky non-managed way of turning off all the skills so he'll conduct meeting is also taking forever.
also, praise Wife of Chmod!
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: April 02, 2010, 08:44:48 pm »

Wow.  I was -not- expecting a sudden timely reappearance.  I was almost resigning myself to a near future without Dwarf Therapist.  Gladly, that may not come to pass after all.

Also, all praise to Wife of Chmod!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 124