Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620327 times)

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.0 4/10/10 see first post)
« Reply #945 on: April 16, 2010, 02:41:34 am »

Then you've obviously never tried to use the military, kill undead, effectively utilize the health system, and so on.
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

Nether

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 16, 2010, 02:50:13 am »

YES! IT WORKS! THANK YOU!

:) Happy now

ArPharazon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 16, 2010, 03:46:18 am »

While I am sure chmod can answer fully, from my limited programming knowlege, I would say a stocks screen is possible, but it would take a long time to pull all the information in a big fortress with many items.

The full, detailed list of items would take a long time, yes. However, the game does not slowdown when you see that there is 8000 loose stone, it slows down when you try to see what those stones are. That total stone number alone would be very useful, though: Stone aside, the game is lacking, for example, an easily accessible "did I run out of meals yet?" indicator.

Also, I wouldn't mind waiting a few seconds when I click "read item list". Especially if there was a nice tree-structure for convenient mass designating.

there was a little program I caught once on the forums for 40d16 that allowed up to 65535 jobs to be queued in the job manager.

Yes, I remember seeing that as well. I can't find it anymore though... Anyone got a link?

zvalkyr

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 16, 2010, 08:17:59 am »

Is there any way to make a filter script that filters by skills? For instance, swordsman is skill ID 39, but I can't seem to find a method that will actually read that. I had a soap maker or some other semi-useless laboured dwarf with some skill with a sword but now I can't find the guy, and that would help, I think.

the Dregs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 16, 2010, 02:41:40 pm »

I can't get this to work..probably something simple I am missing. In the install folder in DT it says to locate the "SDL.dll" folder and rename it, but I can't find it anywhere. How do I do this?

If I try starting DT, I just get a message saying that It cant locate a running instance of Dwarf Fortress

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: April 16, 2010, 02:46:49 pm »

I can't get this to work..probably something simple I am missing. In the install folder in DT it says to locate the "SDL.dll" folder and rename it, but I can't find it anywhere. How do I do this?

If I try starting DT, I just get a message saying that It cant locate a running instance of Dwarf Fortress
First, there is no step to find and rename the (currently non-existent) 'SDL.dll'. Unless you are using the outdated DFhack version, don't use it.

Second, if you are using 31.03;
Not to rush ya, but just wondering when the update for the latest version will be up?
Maybe try values from the Dwarf hack program?
Some of the creature offsets got moved a bit, because Toady added a 'healthbar' feature for undead creatures.

Try this file.

Edit: fixed language vector.
And add this; '0x4bc3c470 = v0.31.03' to the top of the windows versions in the 'game.ini', above version .02.

If you are using 40d, then go back to DT 0.42.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2010, 02:50:15 pm by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

GildedBear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: April 16, 2010, 05:45:42 pm »

Okay, generally I don't ask these kinds of question, since I'm patient and/or research how to do things. But, I'm having trouble parsing what needs to be done to get DT to work with .31.03 so I'm going to ask.

chmod, when do you expect to release a DT version with default support for DF .31.03? A time scale will be fine, days, weeks, when DF 31.04 comes out. hehe

Anybody, what are the steps to get DT .5.0 to work with DF .31.03?

Thanks in advance.

Oh. By the way, Dwarftherapist is wonderful, and Toady should totally snatch the idea for in game job settings, not the implementation of course, but the matrix layout style.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: April 16, 2010, 05:55:43 pm »

Okay, generally I don't ask these kinds of question, since I'm patient and/or research how to do things. But, I'm having trouble parsing what needs to be done to get DT to work with .31.03 so I'm going to ask.

chmod, when do you expect to release a DT version with default support for DF .31.03? A time scale will be fine, days, weeks, when DF 31.04 comes out. hehe

Anybody, what are the steps to get DT .5.0 to work with DF .31.03?

Thanks in advance.

Oh. By the way, Dwarftherapist is wonderful, and Toady should totally snatch the idea for in game job settings, not the implementation of course, but the matrix layout style.
Not to rush ya, but just wondering when the update for the latest version will be up?
Maybe try values from the Dwarf hack program?
Some of the creature offsets got moved a bit, because Toady added a 'healthbar' feature for undead creatures.

Try this file.

Edit: fixed language vector.
And add this; '0x4bc3c470 = v0.31.03' to the top of the windows versions in the 'game.ini', above version .02.

So, copy and paste the text from the page to a file named 'v0.31.03.ini' in \etc\memory_layouts\windows

Then add '0x4bc3c470 = v0.31.03' to 'game_data.ini' in \etc under '#windows'.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Jon-Ace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: April 16, 2010, 06:19:49 pm »

Works perfectly.

LordFrank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: April 17, 2010, 12:49:46 am »

I had to drop the .ini off of 'v0.31.03.ini' to get it to work incase that helps anyone. So glad this is working. I just stopped playing when my first big migration wave hit. Thanks.

ghanditron

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: April 17, 2010, 01:22:02 am »

This forum is full of great and helpful people! Just started my venture into DF yesterday. The file info and suggestions worked great and now DT is running. Yay! Thanks guys ^_^

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: April 17, 2010, 01:17:26 pm »

I had to drop the .ini off of 'v0.31.03.ini' to get it to work incase that helps anyone. So glad this is working. I just stopped playing when my first big migration wave hit. Thanks.
This sounds like you may have run into Windows' tendency to hide file extensions by default. You saw v0.31.03.ini, Windows(and thus DT) saw v0.31.03.ini.ini, which isn't what DT needs.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: April 17, 2010, 04:49:43 pm »

With 31.03 and the above file/ini edit:

Anyone else keep getting dwarfs that don't do assigned tasks?

Example:
Default Embark.
I told my jeweler to mine with Therapist.  He picks up the pick and goes.  (immigrants won't...)
I took woodcutting off my leader [wood cutter] and put it on my Woodworker using Therapist.  He doesn't grab the other axe and stands around with "No Job."  I go into the unit menu, take off wood cutting, unpause, put woodcutting back on... he goes off to chop wood.

It doesn't seem to be setting something it should.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: April 17, 2010, 05:45:52 pm »

It doesn't seem to be setting something it should.

This is a known issue.  I believe chmod said that it will be fixed with the next release of DT.

Jhoosier

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://wilcotangofoxtrot.blogspot.com
« Reply #959 on: April 17, 2010, 07:32:47 pm »

Tarran, et al:  Just got .03 to load up.  Will see how well it works later on.  Thanks for posting all this.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 124