Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 613720 times)

Nabobalis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.4.2 10/26/09 see first post)
« Reply #885 on: April 12, 2010, 09:04:09 am »

0.5.0 is up. I'll update the thread later. But I gotta run!

Dwarves still don't work with jobs enabled by DT.   :(

Actually on review, your right. I can't get any dwarves to change job in game.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.0 4/10/10 see first post)
« Reply #886 on: April 12, 2010, 11:02:28 am »

Dwarves still don't work with jobs enabled by DT.   :(
I think its a bug with DF (i'm sure I read it somewhere), sometimes the job wont be activated even if you activate it. I think either a reload of the save or turn it off and then turn it back on.
Manual job managing seems to be okay at any time.
It's happened to me. I've had to toggle mining on dwarves that embarked with the skill, migrants that came with it, and once for a guy I switched the labor on for. It seems like the Pickup Equipment task doesn't get assigned reliably.
This is because the pickup equipment thing depends on an extra bit to be set.

chmod:
*(_DWORD *)(creature + 0x21C) |= 1;// pickup equipment bit

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #887 on: April 12, 2010, 12:52:17 pm »

Thanks Peterix! When should it be set though? When first putting on a labor that requires a tool, or always when setting a labor with a tool?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #888 on: April 12, 2010, 12:55:12 pm »

Thanks Peterix! When should it be set though? When first putting on a labor that requires a tool, or always when setting a labor with a tool?
Always. DF sets it for Woodcutting, Mining and Hunting whenever you enable or disable them.
I'm still poking through the code... it seems to be doing much more after that.
It's manipulating the creature's current job (object pointed to by DWORD creature + 0x390) in some really weird ways.

Here's the code that's called:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So... it might be a good idea to avoid doing things to this when the current job is already 53 (pickup equipment). Show a little messagebox that tells the user to wait for that to complete. Manipulating vectors/messing up things doesn't sound like a good idea. Also, function pointers...
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 01:33:37 pm by peterix »

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #889 on: April 12, 2010, 12:55:59 pm »

Always. DF sets it for Woodcutting, Mining and Hunting whenever you enable or disable them.
Nice work, I'll put that in.

Asatruer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 12, 2010, 04:42:53 pm »

Excellent updates, chmod!
Is there a way to separate out the old 40d# version Custom Professions so that I do not see them when connected to the newest version, and vis versa?  If not, is it feature that could be added, maybe something like storing the data in a file in the therapist folder.  I think that would also fix the other problem I have had in the past where backing up the folder and/or moving it to a new computer doesn't carry over the custom professions.

Trukkle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 12, 2010, 05:13:49 pm »

Absolutley wonderful tool, chmod, thankyou.
Any chance of adding a method to the script editor that looks at what migrant wave a dwarf came in on? I know sorting by wave can be hit-or-miss, but being able to group by profession AND restrict the view to the latest immigrant wave would make wrangling those lazy retards even easier.

Are there any plans in the future to allow the scripting system to set/un-set labors?
He needs distractions to get through the working day.

gtmattz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:BEARD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 12, 2010, 05:56:42 pm »

Another dip-o-the beard into me ale in honor of Chmod.

Good work!
 :D
Quote from: Hyndis
Just try it! Its not like you die IRL if Urist McMiner falls into magma.

Omniarch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 12, 2010, 07:48:52 pm »

Finally I can play properly!  I found a bug though, I don't know if there's a proper place to report it.  The leatherworking skill is reporting the skill value for tanning, not leatherworking.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 12, 2010, 08:42:45 pm »

Since the new version of DT doesn't seem to be backwards compatible with DF 40d, maybe you should add a note on the top level post and/or the project page that one should get an earlier version of DT for DF 40d?  (Assuming you aren't planning on making it backwards compatible, that is.)

Edit: I tried to do the process here for finding the new offsets with DT 0.5.0, but after getting to step 6, I get "Unable to talk to Dwarf Fortress" "Dwarf Fortress has either stopped running, or you unloaded your game.  Please re-connect when a fort is loaded."  The scan memory button is NOT enabled.  I modified the files on 0.4.3 instead and it does the same, but the scan button IS enabled, so I'm trying to find things with 0.4.3 now.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 09:26:51 pm by Malicus »

lordkrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 12, 2010, 09:27:34 pm »

chmod:

The newest version of DF (31.03) doesn't seem to want to play nice with the checksum updating method you gave out earlier.  I added the checksum and added an ini file for the .03 version, and it refuses to connect at all, telling me that either DF has stopped running or I unloaded the game.

Just a heads up.  Sorry, I'm sure it's not fun updating the checksum every time Toady puts out a new release.

Thanks for all your work!

Edit: Ninja'd!
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 09:35:24 pm by lordkrike »

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 12, 2010, 09:43:34 pm »

I tried the same method with the same results.
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 12, 2010, 09:49:30 pm »

The new version if I am understanding toady correctly uses some of the 40d# updates just they are not mentioned in the actual release...

"I also did some preliminary merge code yesterday. There are a few more things to check, but it looks like that should proceed without any weird surprises. "

Perhaps it moved memory addresses around.
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #898 on: April 12, 2010, 09:51:43 pm »

Excellent updates, chmod!
Is there a way to separate out the old 40d# version Custom Professions so that I do not see them when connected to the newest version, and vis versa?  If not, is it feature that could be added, maybe something like storing the data in a file in the therapist folder.  I think that would also fix the other problem I have had in the past where backing up the folder and/or moving it to a new computer doesn't carry over the custom professions.
There is not currently a way to do that. You may be right that system-wide settings may not be the way to go. They do present problems as the program quickly outgrows its old features. And Your custom profs from 2010 should not have stuff like Suturing if you plan to use them on a 40d series fort.

I will consider saving prefs locally in the future.

Absolutley wonderful tool, chmod, thankyou.
Any chance of adding a method to the script editor that looks at what migrant wave a dwarf came in on? I know sorting by wave can be hit-or-miss, but being able to group by profession AND restrict the view to the latest immigrant wave would make wrangling those lazy retards even easier.

Are there any plans in the future to allow the scripting system to set/un-set labors?
Please go here and log a feature request ticket (http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/issues/list). I quickly lose track of feature requests on the forums.

Finally I can play properly!  I found a bug though, I don't know if there's a proper place to report it.  The leatherworking skill is reporting the skill value for tanning, not leatherworking.
This has been fixed, but not released yet.

Quote from: Lots of People
The 7 step process doesn't work when using 0.5.0
I screwed up and disabled it on bad connections. Use 0.4.3 if you want to find stuff yourself.

In the meantime, I will hunt down the right offsets for 0.31.03.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 12, 2010, 09:53:52 pm »

Update...  I think I found the vectors using DT 0.4.3, but when using the vectors it found, DT (both 0.4.3 and 0.5.0) hangs for a while (never even appearing in the taskbar), followed by giving a runtime error (saying that the application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way) when starting when 31.03 is open.

This is what I found when searching with 0.4.3:

This is what I'm using:

This is the run.log from trying to run DT 0.5.0 with these changes:

Did I do something horribly bad?  It seems odd that it'd crash from being given the wrong values, though.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 124