Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620749 times)

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.4.2 10/26/09 see first post)
« Reply #525 on: January 11, 2010, 04:55:39 pm »

My port http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=46841.0 of Dwarf therapist to using the DFHack library will be updated to the new DF as soon as we can get DFHack updated to it, so don't worry, DT will not die, even if chmod does not return.
This is exactly why having tools hook into that library would be a Good Thing.

Now, this version might not be so straightforward. The changes being planned to the skill system and the military might need some rework just to get into recognizable format; we'll have to see. On the other hand, if the internals are similar and it's mostly the number of skills that differs(and their presentation, which DT sidesteps), then this might actually help to ease people through relearning the interface. However much better the new interface winds up being, anyone who's used to the old one will have growing pains; people used to DT instead may have an easier time of it. Or at least can ease into the new interface more gradually.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

DFAddict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 16, 2010, 07:16:51 pm »

Can you set weapon, shield and armor settings for multiple dwarves at once like the labor settings?

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 16, 2010, 09:08:35 pm »

Sure can. Click the "Military" tab - the tabs are above the main section and below "Group By" and "Filter Dwarves". Then just click, for example, Mace for Macedwarf, and all your macedwarves will wield maces.

Not sure about shield and armor though.

DFAddict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 16, 2010, 11:54:25 pm »

Yeah I knew that. In hind sight I guess I meant armor and shield only.

Shurhaian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 17, 2010, 01:29:03 pm »

If there's a way, I haven't found it. Also, DT has a tendency to double-click sometimes when I use that section; not sure what's up with that. Putting in a config option for double-click protection(e.g. ignoring second clicks within 100ms) might be a possibility there; or it might just be an oddity of my mouse.
Working on: drakes - making the skies(mostly) a bit more varied

My guards need something better to do than make my nobles happy with hugs and justice.

DFAddict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 17, 2010, 02:15:30 pm »

There's an option labeled: 'Single click labor changes' that might help. I have it checked and it's a little sensitive.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 22, 2010, 02:42:33 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 06:04:25 pm by MC Dirty »

DFAddict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 22, 2010, 04:27:29 pm »

I followed the link from the first post and mine worked fine.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 23, 2010, 12:17:13 pm »

<deleted>
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 06:04:32 pm by MC Dirty »

profit

• Bay Watcher
  • Finely Crafted Engravings... Or it didn't happen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 31, 2010, 11:57:17 pm »

I would just like to mention this is the last official release of DT currently.

The author says he is working on another one and will release it when the next version of DF arrives, however it is currently not done.

The 0.0.5 thats floating around with DF hack is not official.

Edit: Re-worded a little, as accusation was a little strong for what may be an honest mistake.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 09:23:28 pm by profit »
Mods and the best utilities for dwarf fortress
Community Mods and utilities thread.

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #535 on: February 01, 2010, 12:10:56 am »

s/fraud/fork/

Seriously.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: February 01, 2010, 12:58:52 am »

Well.. When it looks like intention is to deceive... I have to call it as I see it.

Maybe it really was all accidental... but everything basically looks like it was taken from a page of how to get people to download malware instead of their intended program.... *not saying it is Malware, just that the same types of trickery they use to get people to download their crap instead of legitimate applications was used for that*

IE: an increment in version from the official release, Using the same name plus something else, not specifying it was not an official release.. ect..

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 01:05:33 am by profit »

Spectral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: February 01, 2010, 01:41:40 am »

Wow, profit your seriously hammering someone for contributing to the community. His Version conventions aren't that similar and they are a regression from the numbers used by "the official" DT.
How is that some kind of deception?

dephelis

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear It
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: February 01, 2010, 05:12:06 am »

Well.. When it looks like intention is to deceive... I have to call it as I see it.

Maybe it really was all accidental... but everything basically looks like it was taken from a page of how to get people to download malware instead of their intended program.... *not saying it is Malware, just that the same types of trickery they use to get people to download their crap instead of legitimate applications was used for that*

IE: an increment in version from the official release, Using the same name plus something else, not specifying it was not an official release.. ect..

Seriously, the title of Belal's topic is:

Dwarf Therapist - DFHack Edition - Updated *v0.0.5*

It clearly states that it is a DFHack implementation.

v0.0.5 is not an increment of v0.4.2.

To quote his first post:
Here is the original Dwarf Therapist link if you don't know what it is. http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=39229.0

He goes on to say:
I have been working on converting Dwarf Therapist, originally released by chmod and using a custom interface with dwarf fortress, to using the DFHack library to interface with dwarf fortress.

Barring the use of red 36pt text saying "This is not the original Dwarf Therapist" it really couldn't be much clearer than it is.

profit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: February 01, 2010, 06:17:54 pm »

Should have used red 36 point text... Because it was obvious by the people posting in his thread he had managed to confuse people..

And now I do see it is not an incremental version, you are correct, however I still assert is looks like it, *in my mind I see .4.2 and .5  when looking at the version numbers. 

Still that kind of trickery is something used by malware writers, even when it is obviously not the correct version when you compare the numbers side by side, alot of humans only remember the final set of numbers not the entire thing and malware writers prey upon that.

And actually I don't have to defend my point any further, if my point was wrong it would not have confused a bunch of people, and they would have never posted in his thread saying stuff like "Glad to see development isnt dead" and "Dwarf therepist is crashing on me" and the like...

The only thing in question is if it was intentional or not.. I suppose it could have been an honest mistake, it just does not appear like that to me.

It looked like an intentional post, of a legitimate program with a his small add on made to look like an upgrade of said original program to generate usage of his add on. Once again something a lot of malware writers do...  He even has that tiny bit of text for legal escape clause pointing to the original program, just like many malware programs do, with the full knowledge that almost no one will read the wall of text, but in a court they could say "See here.. we said we were not xxx"  Once again something a lot of malware writers do...  Once again not saying there is ANYTHING wrong with the program itself, just many of the same tricks were used.

And yes, I think the first line with red 36 point text (or actually just slightly above normal as everyone reads the first line)  saying "For the latest official Dwarf Therapist release go here-> xxx  This is the DF hack version of it made by a different author" would do nicely for fixing the obvious confusion the author generated...  Now the real test will be to see if a change occurs or not.

Thank you for the large red text idea, I think it should have been used and it is a great way of fixing the problem.

« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 06:40:37 pm by profit »
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 124