Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620986 times)

neek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.3.1 8/19/09 see first post)
« Reply #210 on: August 28, 2009, 01:28:40 am »

Damn that took me a long time to get running.

For Windows Vista, I can't run the game unless I'm running it under administrator. Try running Dwarf Therapist as administrator; it seemed to've stopped all my woes.

Taritus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 31, 2009, 07:59:00 am »

Any chance there'll you could get the 40d16 ones, peterix?

peterix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Dethware
« Reply #213 on: August 31, 2009, 12:48:14 pm »

Didn't expect it would be released so soon after d15... here it is. I hope it works.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2009, 02:49:02 pm by peterix »

Kale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 01, 2009, 01:11:58 am »

Thanks a lot; I hate playing without Dwarf Therapist.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #215 on: September 01, 2009, 01:58:22 am »

Hold on to your hats, those of you who know what /proc is.

First successful linux build, showing dwarfs from a game of d15 on linux! I'm forwarding an X session from my Ubuntu box to Vista, so it has a Vista window border, but the rest is all X11.

GCC likes to organize jusssst a bit differently than MSVC, so it took longer than I thought to find the right code spots. But soon enough, DT will have gone native on both Windows and Linux. No wine hacks, no .NET shenanigans, just lovely C++

Spoiler: "Screenshot" (click to show/hide)

Coming soon to a shell near you!

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 01, 2009, 03:50:42 am »

Genius :)
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #217 on: September 01, 2009, 12:26:19 pm »

Genius :)
DT Linux Version a Play in One Act

ME: Hey kernel, let me talk to that process.
TUX: Uh.. ok but only 4 bytes at a time.
ME: Yeah ok whatever.
PTRACE_ATTACH
READ /proc/pid/mem!
TUX: OH NO!
ME: OWNED!

Venatius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 01, 2009, 12:37:36 pm »

Didn't expect it would be released so soon after d15... here it is. I hope it works.

Seems to, from the standpoint of a winXP user. Thanks! That was nice and prompt. And for a while I was worried I'd have to put my DFing on hold.

slimtim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: September 02, 2009, 12:31:33 pm »

how exactly do i install this, because when i just copy it to my etc folder and rename it and copy the hash, ik get an erroor saying therapist doesn't know how to talk to DF

Kale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: September 02, 2009, 01:33:59 pm »

how exactly do i install this, because when i just copy it to my etc folder and rename it and copy the hash, ik get an erroor saying therapist doesn't know how to talk to DF

You have to be sure to add the line 0x4A9B1A72 = v0.28.181.40d16 to the game_data.ini

Also, if you are running Vista, sometimes you have to go in and cancel explorer.exe, run it from task manager, then you can start up Dwarf Therapist without problem.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #221 on: September 03, 2009, 06:43:51 am »

So, no one ever responded to my earlier question. Is it possible to make a self-contained version of this program which I could run at work? I'm clearly missing some common .dll file or something but I have no idea which one.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #222 on: September 03, 2009, 12:14:42 pm »

So, no one ever responded to my earlier question. Is it possible to make a self-contained version of this program which I could run at work? I'm clearly missing some common .dll file or something but I have no idea which one.
I have not forgotten your plight, forsaken. I have been really caught up in the Linux port lately and have not gotten back to you. I am sorry for that.

However, I did do some digging based on your particular problem, and I think it's very solvable. The problem is I built the Qt library in such a way that it depends on MSVCR90.DLL. I just need to rebuild DT's three dependencies so they don't rely on the new VCR but use an older one from the XP days. Then it's just a matter of packaging it up and shipping it. However the build process for Qt takes about 4 hours on my machine and I just keep putting it off since it clearly falls into the "not fun" category.

I'll get to it, I promise :)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #223 on: September 03, 2009, 04:18:33 pm »

I have not forgotten your plight, forsaken. I have been really caught up in the Linux port lately and have not gotten back to you. I am sorry for that.

However, I did do some digging based on your particular problem, and I think it's very solvable. The problem is I built the Qt library in such a way that it depends on MSVCR90.DLL. I just need to rebuild DT's three dependencies so they don't rely on the new VCR but use an older one from the XP days. Then it's just a matter of packaging it up and shipping it. However the build process for Qt takes about 4 hours on my machine and I just keep putting it off since it clearly falls into the "not fun" category.

I'll get to it, I promise :)

No worries, I'm not in any hurry I just wanted to know if it's something you will consider. Anything beyond 20 dwarves becomes almost unmanageable without a program like this.

Lord Nightmare

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: September 04, 2009, 04:41:30 am »

Why can't you put msvcr90.dll in the local directory? I thought all windows programs will search the local directory (same dir the executable is in) as a library path first before looking in the windows dir...

LN
"When life gives you zombies... *CHA-CHIK!* ...you make zombie-ade!"
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 124