Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620730 times)

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.4 6/10/10 see first post)
« Reply #1230 on: June 11, 2010, 05:04:39 pm »

If you need hosting for the mini ini files, let me know. :D

Making some kind of system to accept new ini files from trusted users is a bit beyond me, (Edit: Well, other than providing an ftp login/password to trusted contributers)  but I can offer FTP/Web space for the ini files if needed.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 05:07:34 pm by Beeskee »
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1231 on: June 11, 2010, 05:54:21 pm »

If you need hosting for the mini ini files, let me know. :D

Making some kind of system to accept new ini files from trusted users is a bit beyond me, (Edit: Well, other than providing an ftp login/password to trusted contributers)  but I can offer FTP/Web space for the ini files if needed.
That's the least of my worries, I think google has me covered on the web server side, it's just a matter of writing a system for it that does less harm then the current way of doing things.

Auto-updating is one of those deceptively complicated projects a lot of junior devs jump right into and then get swallowed whole.

I'll think about it.

caperon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: June 11, 2010, 06:56:16 pm »

That's the least of my worries, I think google has me covered on the web server side, it's just a matter of writing a system for it that does less harm then the current way of doing things.

Auto-updating is one of those deceptively complicated projects a lot of junior devs jump right into and then get swallowed whole.

I'll think about it.

I think you did more than enough giving us, users of your work, tools to update DT on our own. It takes 30 min, requiring the user input of pushing 3 buttons plus copy and paste. Anyone that can use a PC can do it.

njero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.3 6/5/10 see first post)
« Reply #1233 on: June 11, 2010, 07:17:18 pm »

Phoebus 2.1 works just fine for me so I don't know what's up.
Yeah, that was just the first thing to come to mind. I didn't really think it would be that simple.

chmod, I'll post something if I get the chance. At this point both you and Toady have a faster development cycle than I can match in play time! If I can't find an obvious oversight mistake on my part before you've moved on to a new version I'll see if I can't get you some bug info. :D
Yup everything worked out. Somewhere between downloading the .06 update for Phoebus, and your 5.4 update, everything is working again.
these aren't buzzards, they're cliff racers!

yongke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: June 11, 2010, 07:26:56 pm »

hi, I can't get Dwarf Therapist to work with Mayday's Graphics Pack (v32, updated 10 VI 2010, uses df.0.31.06).  I tried the scan tool, then copy n pasting the value into the v0.31.06_graphics.ini file, but that didn't work either.  Please help.

MP2E

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: June 12, 2010, 12:05:30 am »

This program is amazing, thank you! :P Also, yay for Distributed Version Control Systems!(Though personally I prefer git, hehe)

Also, I laughed because I just noticed that with the proper space changes this program becomes "Dwarf The Rapist"

brilliantazure

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: June 12, 2010, 02:24:35 am »

I'm also having a problem with the new .5.4 build. I had gotten .5.3 to work with the newest .36 build of Dwarf Fortress by putting in the .ini file, but when it told me to download the new version of Therapist, it suddenly would not connect to Dwarf Fortress. It refuses to acknowledge that DF is open.

Edit: It should be noted that I am mildly computer illiterate, so if there's a post with an obvious solution to the problem and you don't feel like spelling it out to moron noob number 1,304,837, by all means just link it and I will attempt to solve the problem myself. '^_^

Edit Edit: It turns out I am an idiot. Updated my graphic set (Pheobus...just noticed the post above me) and redownloaded DT (perhaps unnecessary) and it worked. Sorry for my ign'ance.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 02:54:40 am by brilliantazure »

Beeskee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: June 12, 2010, 04:58:14 am »

I'll think about it.

I hear you, if I knew how to do it I would have done it already hehe. :) I do appreciate all the work you have done already with DT. I hope my suggestion wasn't offensive. :D

Edit: I don't know how google code works internally.  I mean, obviously it handles hosting large files, via an interface designed for humans, just fine. I don't know if it provides a suitable way to host small files that an auto-updater could easily work with. My offer to help with hosting was genuine. :)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 05:09:56 am by Beeskee »
When a wizard is tired of looking for broken glass in his dinner, he is tired of life.

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
  • Good Day to you! Fhtagn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: June 12, 2010, 07:00:23 am »

This utility is utterly amazing. Makes managing my diminutive friends an joy rather than a necessary chore. =)
Quote from: breadbocks
ENRAGED
Quote from: Snook
Breadbocks has gone berserk!

Brzhk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: June 12, 2010, 10:41:33 am »

I'm also not able to use the latest DT 0.5.4 with 0.31.6 version (SDL + Phoebus 2.1.1) on Win 7 64b.
i tried using vanilla DT, DT + .INI file i found a couple of pages ago, but it still wouldn't find DF. I'd be glad to know how to fix it. :)

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: June 12, 2010, 10:57:37 am »

Is there a way of getting a chart in it for combat skills?
Apologies in advance if that was a stupid question.
ENRAGED

SpacemanSpiff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: June 12, 2010, 11:20:04 am »

Is there a way of getting a chart in it for combat skills?
Apologies in advance if that was a stupid question.

Go back about 4 pages, download the combat grid view that someone created, then in DT do "file>import grid view" and point at the file. Some columns are broken, but it's way better than nothing

Old-one-eye

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: June 12, 2010, 12:16:15 pm »

Thanks.

EDIT: Ack, the link is broken for the military grid download. =(
ENRAGED

EvilGrin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: June 12, 2010, 07:19:34 pm »

Thanks.

EDIT: Ack, the link is broken for the military grid download. =(

I uploaded it to DFFD

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2475

LuciferNZ

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: June 14, 2010, 01:58:14 am »

chmod,

Long time lurker, first post - wonderful app btw.
I have coded up a windows Autoupdater thats fairly simple to use that I use for my COH mod EuropeInRuins - if youre interested, send me a PM.

Regards
L
Persistant WW2 Wargame - Company of Heroes mod
Europe In Ruins: - http://www.europeinruins.com
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 124