Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 124

Author Topic: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.7 7/13/10 see first post)  (Read 620437 times)

AshyRaccoon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Therapist (LATEST 0.5.1 4/24/10 see first post)
« Reply #1065 on: April 26, 2010, 09:55:38 pm »

Something seems to be off with migrant waves... Seems clicking Read Dwarves doesn't work as it used to?  I had to relaunch to get the new waves.
I noticed that, searched, and saw it was already reported: http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/issues/detail?id=218&can=1 Fixed for a future release, too, apparently.

Ubern00b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 27, 2010, 12:48:36 am »

Ah... So does this mean the next version will fix that bug?
Or can I do something now... Because its just killing me inside
Yes it will be fixed in the next version, and you have to either wait for the next binary release, or compile yourself from source :)

Hrmmm I do have a compiler... But whenever I try compile other peoples code it never works... something about missing headers :(
I shall just wait, You guys are pretty fast with the releases
Quote from: Canuhearme(Facepunch Studios)
Isn't Dwarf Fortress just a game of delayed free-fall into a hideously painful and frighteningly horrific death?

Reese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 27, 2010, 03:43:25 am »

Sorting needs some real love. It has been a sort of ugly hack since the beginning. It sounds like you're asking for 2 things here.
1) Allow user to set preferred sorting order in options
2) Default to descending sorts on skill/labor columns

If you could enter those as tickets, they would be about 1000 times more likely to be implemented.
http://code.google.com/p/dwarftherapist/issues/entry?template=Feature%20Request

I will see about making those feature requests there later.

Yeah, that is two different things, I should have separated them better.  The second was more an observation that I remembered the version of Therapist I used with 40d defaulting to descending sort.(In fact, when it didn't, the first thing I did was go to options to see if there was an option that could be checked.)

Ya know, I loaded up the current version of Therapist today and now everything is defaulting to descending order again.  I am 100% sure that, at one point, it was doing ascending then descending on the second click, but now it isn't.
All glory to the Hypno-Toady!

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 27, 2010, 10:20:14 am »

Ah... So does this mean the next version will fix that bug?
Or can I do something now... Because its just killing me inside
Yes it will be fixed in the next version, and you have to either wait for the next binary release, or compile yourself from source :)
Hrmmm I do have a compiler... But whenever I try compile other peoples code it never works... something about missing headers :(
I shall just wait, You guys are pretty fast with the releases
It's my one complaint about C/C++ development... the different compilers/environments handle includes just different enough to make it a real PITA sometimes.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

HammerHand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 27, 2010, 01:18:39 pm »

I find it quite easy to find jobs as it is anyhow, you get used to the grouping scheme as time goes on.

Or you just make your own.  The skill grouping is all up to the user.  It was made that way for a reason.  I just wish I didn't need so many colors.  I always end up with one of my skill groups being nearly the same color as an activated or deactivated cell.   :-\

I always thought it was a little strange that the column headers weren't slanted, but I have no trouble reading sideways.
Sooooooaaaaaap!
Tha's grreat!
Soooocks!

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 27, 2010, 02:14:10 pm »

I find it quite easy to find jobs as it is anyhow, you get used to the grouping scheme as time goes on.

Or you just make your own.  The skill grouping is all up to the user.  It was made that way for a reason.  I just wish I didn't need so many colors.  I always end up with one of my skill groups being nearly the same color as an activated or deactivated cell.   :-\
I changed my active skills to a pure blue color and it works great.
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper
« Reply #1071 on: April 27, 2010, 03:12:47 pm »

I hope I speak for more than just myself when I say I'd love to see some screenshots of different color combinations and Gridviews people have made.

Gridviews are of course fully customizable and can be exported to a file and shared with other users who can import them all from inside DT.

File->Export Grid Views...
File->Import Saved Grid Views...

Martin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 27, 2010, 08:40:44 pm »

I had no idea you could do that. I'll have to play some...

blackmagechill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 29, 2010, 04:29:49 pm »

Is there a link to the 40d version?

chmod

• Bay Watcher
  • I get by with a little help from my friends
    • View Profile
    • UDP Viper

The Architect

• Bay Watcher
  • Breeding supercows. What I've been doing on DF.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 29, 2010, 09:05:39 pm »

Can we view non-dwarf creatures somehow in this version?

I am trying to experiment with cattle breeding, but the game has some issues with the way animals are described: it merely gives you the highlights, ignoring important descriptions. It will say something like "She is incredibly skinny, but gigantic overall." Another says "She is very muscular and just gigantic overall."

However, the much faster (and thus possibly much stronger) cow is the skinny one. I nearly slaughtered her! I can't really tell from the silly descriptors. Certainly when restricted from viewing and examining cattle for the kind of judgments we could make in person, we should be given the information to make the same judgments.
Dwarf Fortress: where blunders never cease.
The sigs topic:
Oh man, this is truly sigworthy...
Oh man. This is truly sig-worthy.

buckets

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 30, 2010, 01:01:59 am »

Can we view non-dwarf creatures somehow in this version?

I am trying to experiment with cattle breeding, but the game has some issues with the way animals are described: it merely gives you the highlights, ignoring important descriptions. It will say something like "She is incredibly skinny, but gigantic overall." Another says "She is very muscular and just gigantic overall."

However, the much faster (and thus possibly much stronger) cow is the skinny one. I nearly slaughtered her! I can't really tell from the silly descriptors. Certainly when restricted from viewing and examining cattle for the kind of judgments we could make in person, we should be given the information to make the same judgments.

Speed cows.

You are breeding cows for thier speed.

Cows

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 30, 2010, 06:49:41 am »

War Cows!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 30, 2010, 02:00:24 pm »

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Ratbert_CP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Enraged Primate
« Reply #1079 on: April 30, 2010, 03:19:03 pm »

War Cows!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
That is an epic cow.
But it's missing beer and beards.  I know it's not "canon" that dwarfettes should be scruffy, but I would think an axe-demi-maiden should grow one...

I quibble only because I'm jealous of the artists ability where I have none... ;)
Ratbert #CP#Z
"For FUN and HONOR!"
Pages: 1 ... 70 71 [72] 73 74 ... 124