Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Project Natal  (Read 2121 times)

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
Re: Project Natal
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2009, 06:16:10 am »

Heh. Yeah. Seen all those videos of people shooting Deagles for the first time? There's one where it smacks one right on the nose.

Massive recoil man.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2009, 09:07:59 am »

That PS3 controller needs a bit more development. But like the Wii, imagine lightsabers.
Imagine not retarded lightsabers. That is ultimately the difference between this and the Wii. The motion controls could make decent games.
The motionplus might help.  I dunno.  Has anyone here tried one?  I haven't yet.

Incidentally, the eyetoy never really took off, did it?  I'm not sure why bringing it back with another shallow gimmick is such a great idea.
The Eyetoy failed because Sony assumed they could make a game without any buttons. This is pretty close to what Microsoft is trying to do with their own motion-sensing thing. The controller seems a lot more solid than a standard gimmick, because it is taking what everybody else is doing with motion controls and doing it right. Aka, track both body movement and controller movement with precision.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2009, 01:18:04 pm »

I'm not trusting microsoft with a controller that has the ability to hit me.  Actually, I wouldn't trust Nintendo or Sony either.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2009, 01:20:35 pm »

I actually like the Eyetoy. It was hard to use the controls, but the Eyetoy is entertaining once you get it to work. It's like you're IN THE GAME. When you punch that itty-bitty ninja, you are actually punching said itty-bitty ninja, not ordering some cool and awesome avatar to punch said ninja for you. And the mini-games, oh I love the mini-games.

I didn't like the Revolution's controller though, seems rather gimmicky, so I don't think I'll like Project Natal either.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2009, 12:57:45 am »

I would still love to swing around a sword instead of clicking the left mouse button.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2009, 01:00:52 am »

I would still love to swing around a sword instead of clicking the left mouse button.
I would love to swing around a sword instead of waggling a controller.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2009, 01:05:08 am »

I would love that microsoft stop fooling around with this money sink and make a xbox 720 that shoots flames and ROD4's quicker.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2009, 01:32:37 am »

Small steps man. Small steps.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2009, 08:51:28 am »

I would love that microsoft stop fooling around with this money sink and make a xbox 720 that shoots flames and ROD4's quicker.
I would love all of that, PLUS the knowledge that no-one is actually excited about another Nintendo incident.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2009, 11:09:10 am »

I would love all of that, PLUS the knowledge that no-one is actually excited about another Nintendo incident.
My dad knows a woman who is on the team of engineers for the xbox department of Microsoft. After the large amounts of ROD4's, she asked him to describe to her, an effective way of keeping a small computer with a powerful cpu cool aka the 360. Apparently they put the cpu over the disc drive or some bullshit position which meant if not made well - would overheat easily. Come on, Microsoft, give us a good system, not some bullshit copout

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2009, 11:15:58 am »

Come on, Microsoft, give us a good system, not some bullshit copout

Look when Microsoft released the Xbox360 they were competing with the PS3 (In fact they still are). They had to dish out the next system as fast as possible for what could have massacred them easily.

Of course this was before the High Price on the PS3 was known (Id also mention the rumors... but for some reason I think Microsoft had SOME hand to play in that) so they could have left the 360 in the development longer.

Microsoft plays to win! Look at the Vista, sure it didn't succeed but look at all those hillarious commercials (One involving computer Illiterates) and how many attempts they made to FORCE Vista on the market through Vista exclusives and requiring many new computers to come with Vista.

Edit addition: I know force implies something but I don't remember the term for what they did with the Vista.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 12:15:13 pm by Neonivek »

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2009, 03:48:15 pm »

Microsoft: Excellent businessman that make somewhat lower quality, but cheaper and more accessible stuff.

Nintendo: Sticks to tradition and makes awesome stuff that way, attempts to make innovative stuff and fails hard mostly. Seems to have a terminal case of OMG CASUAL GAYMER F3V3R.

Sony: Dependable company that makes good quality but rather overpriced stuff, keeps an edge over microsoft through interesting PS exclusives.

Sega: Ololol just kidding.

And so hath been said, and so it shath be, for eons to come!
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2009, 03:58:17 pm »

Microsoft were actually left with a huge loss from the Xbox, since they were aiming to break into a new (for them) and exciting market.  That meant they were desperate to make a profit with their new console, the 360, and that meant direct competition with Sony.

Zironic

• Bay Watcher
  • [SDRAW_KCAB]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2009, 04:45:15 pm »

Microsoft were actually left with a huge loss from the Xbox, since they were aiming to break into a new (for them) and exciting market.  That meant they were desperate to make a profit with their new console, the 360, and that meant direct competition with Sony.
They should follow nintendo's example: Low licensing fees + encouragement of 3rd party develops - developing crap games...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2009, 05:05:58 pm »

Nintendo's example?

Well I guess if they want to be the shovelware system.

Though I think Nintendo is the least involved in third party developers (hense why most of the good games for the Wii are made by Nintendo or are Nintendo products made by another company)
Pages: 1 [2] 3