Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The story of AngelSword  (Read 796 times)

Cone_Sniper

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
The story of AngelSword
« on: July 22, 2009, 10:15:45 am »

Alright so I was sitting there watching my dwarves dig and build their workshops and smelt bars, and stuff like that and suddenly a dwarven Caravan message pops up and 2 seconds after that a vile force of darkness of about 92 orcs came storming after them I was having a hard time debating wether to cut it really close and close my Bridge as soon as the caravan got across or just close it right then and now, I ended up closing it a couple of seconds before the caravan got to it, so i set up some fortifications on the 3 tiles south of the bridge (the bridge is the entrance to my Fortress and my trade depot is right inside.) As I am watching the dwarven caravan get ripped to shreds by the orcs i notice sudden holes appearing in my black sand wall near my stills so I go up a level and one of my four miners is sitting above my Fortress digging a channel so I tell him to stop, so he stops and runs over to the orcs to get torn to pieces.

After he is dead I station 2 marksdwarves right behind 2 of the 3 fortifications and put an ammo stockpile right next to them (at the time this was all the military i had.) after the ammo pile was stocked up and marksdwarves were ready I lowered the bridge and they open fire killing most of the orcs that are directly in front of them
, after this onslaught i count the dead orcs and I think to myself, (This can't be the 92 orcs that came after the caravan.) so i look around the map and what do you know I found the orcs sitting on the sides of my bridge, (where my markdwarves couldn't hit them) and above my fortress waiting for me to come out.

So I was not going to give in so easily. I left my bridge up and waited, and  waited, and waited. The orcs wouldn't go away even after 6 months of waiting so I got all of my 27 dwarves to military armored them up gave them shields and weapons trained them a bit until they were at least not recruits anymore, and sent them out, to my surprise my mighty dwarven miners were the first into battle slashing orcs limbs off and impaling anything that got in their way, (another surprise was that i hadn't seen all the orcs on the map, turns out there was 132 of them.) so before i found out about what is in those parentheses I was thinking, "I'm winning, yeah thats right I just beat these orcs, then when I thought I had won."

The rest of the orcs came when I had taken all my people off military and I had left my bridge down, I had a contingency plan for that, so I tell one of my dwarves to go pull the lever that will close the flood gates and spring up the spikes that i had put in my entrance hall, unfortunately, my mechanic thought making mechanisms was more important than conecting levers to floodgates and spikes. Thus is the conclusion of the story of AngelSword, it ends in my dwarves being torn in half 1/3's and 1/4's all over my fortress, by the dreaded orcs that were smart enough to stay back
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 10:21:25 am by Cone_Sniper »

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
Re: The story of AngelSword
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 10:16:51 am »

Slab of text. Please try to use paragraphs. :D
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games