Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Dwarvern Shower  (Read 5690 times)

Psychoceramics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarvern Shower
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2009, 10:05:10 pm »

if seasons remove coverings, then why do I have kittens with twice their weight in blood, water, vomit and mud coverings roaming around my fortress?

Quantum Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Schrödinger's Breakfast
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2009, 11:07:12 pm »

A washdwarf would operate at a wash pit, a special kind of workshop, and could clean clothes somewhat using water.
I suppose the wash pit would require a water tile the same way magma forges require a magma tile?

Or extending that forge comparison, maybe there could be two versions; one that uses direct access like that, and one that can be put anywhere but needs water brought to it manually.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 11:09:14 pm by Quantum Toast »
That would be as deadly to the wielder as to anyone else!  You'd sever your own arm at the first swing!  It's perfect!

Puck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2009, 08:11:59 am »

I created something I was posting about a few months ago. Basically, there's one access to the living quarters, and we assume every dwarf has their own apartment. So EVERY dwarf will path through here sooner or later. (added bonus: they WILL path through here when they are on fire)

we have Floors Downstairs and Channels in the following diagrams:
Code: [Select]
FDDDF
FCCCF
FCCCF
FDDDF

One z level below we got Walls too:
Code: [Select]
WUUUW
WFFFW
WFFFW
WUUUW

sooo you designate that whole thing as a pond, and let the bucket brigade fill it up to 3/7. Designate the floors around the pool as restricted area, so dwarves will go through the water as much as they can. I think non-swimmers will not be able to carry items through or something, at least I get SOME job cancellations from hauling jobs inside the living quarters, but in the end they all get completed.

Either way. Dwarves start to learn swimming over here, slowly. I havent tested whether or not it saves them when they are burning, but I certainly think so.

About coverings being cleaned upon season change: has anyone tried keepin a dirty dwarf outside for one full season/year?

Psychoceramics

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 01:21:56 pm »

A washdwarf would operate at a wash pit, a special kind of workshop, and could clean clothes somewhat using water.
I suppose the wash pit would require a water tile the same way magma forges require a magma tile?

Or extending that forge comparison, maybe there could be two versions; one that uses direct access like that, and one that can be put anywhere but needs water brought to it manually.

Yeah! And then we can have dwarves migrate in with the 'Water Carrier' Skill at Normal and nothing else!

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2009, 08:00:55 pm »

Having a washdwarf profession would make a use for soap finally aside from making awesome soap fortresses. Maybe you could use the design that I made in the first post and have a designation of "shower" on it. You could have it so that when dwarves shower, they get a good thought from being clean or whatever. It would also be pretty easy to convert my design to being able to have the "showers in a long line so each apartment can have one. That would be great if they'd be able to implement a showering system into the game. I'd do it but I suck at that kind of stuff.
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.
Pages: 1 [2]