Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should we stop this round and start a new one?

Yes
- 14 (60.9%)
No
- 8 (34.8%)
Other (explain)
- 1 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 47

Author Topic: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Game is ended  (Read 63052 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Mafia - Round 7 - Day 1 - Vacations always get ruined
« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2009, 08:06:08 pm »

Just so everybody knows, the Alien Scientist is, in fact, not pro-Town. He removes 4 players from the game, of which only 1 (Or two, if he captures a Cultist, which is the only case he is actually pro-Town.) If he removes 3 players that could be used as buffer against the Dopps/Cultists, it's very bad for us. Just remember that.

I'm not sure if I follow your logic here. Scientist needs a human, a dopp, and an alien. Given the "survivor is anti-town" that seems prevalent, that's two anti-town roles (dopp, an alien) for one pro-town role (unless he grabs a cultist, in which case it's 0-3). Sure, there is a potential (and even likelihood) that he will hit a pro-town person, but given that he takes two anti-town people with him that doesn't seem any worse than a war veteran to me.

Are you talking about what happens when the people that the scientist abducts return if the scientist dies?

I can't see him really offering his services to the town, though. The scientist doesn't want to stick around, since every night that he isn't gone is a night that he can be killed. About the best that I can see is a town investigative role pointing out scum of the appropriate type for him to act on. Any alliance with the scientist would likely involve pointing out two targets in exchange for a sacrificial third, or something like that.

And Servant: Why the vote for Janus? Why not unvote?

Fake edit: That's a possibility, josh, though I'm not sure why you think the second item was a deadman bomb. I'd expect a scanner to be in there somewhere.
Why are you assuming aliens are anti-Town? They are buffers. Sure, they'd betray us if they had to, but it'd certainly be a waste, since only two of them are truly anti-Town (Exterminator and Operative), while two are semi-Town (Scientist and Survivor). The last two (Agent Finder and Dopp Seeker) are pro-Town for all intensive purposes, except that the Agent Finder might accidentally kill someone, though usually doesn't.

The Scientist is anti-Town in that they only remove one Dopp, one Human, and two Aliens from play. The only possible way that this is amazing for Town is if they take a Dopp, a Cultist, and the Exterminator. That would be the best possible outcome, but likely he'll take a Dopp, a power role, and the Survivor Alien.

Wow Servant, I'd have taken my chances with the lynch than reveal myself as the survivor!

If you aren't abducted, you'll be killed by the cultists or the exterminator the next day, as neither have any reason to leave you alive, and you're a relatively safe kill, since they don't need to face retaliation, unless, of course, you have a deadman bomb, but I doubt that, shields are a hot item among survivors. This is of course assuming you're telling the truth.

Also, to Rysith, you can't compare Servant to Pandar, as Pandar roleclaimed as a last ditch effort to throw the dopps' interest off him, while this is to avoid a lynch.

Now, my deduction is that Servant is actually a Scientist with a shield and deadman bomb, as a survivor claim is safe for him (as an actual survivor claim is suicide, and a  real survivor might puss out like last time) and he might be able to recruit the help of the dopps to survive long enough to fulfill his objective.
...You'd rather lose... than try to win? I'm pretty sure I'd have pushed his lynch hardcore, so that he'd be lynched. That's dumb. That doesn't even make sense. What he did does make sense, given what he is.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 22, 2009, 08:12:53 pm »

What I was trying to say WA, was that he's even less likely to survive in the night than he is trying to convince others not to lynch him.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 22, 2009, 08:19:51 pm »

What I was trying to say WA, was that he's even less likely to survive in the night than he is trying to convince others not to lynch him.
Not likely. He could be seen as less of a threat. The Dopps want to keep him alive. The Cultists want to kill everyone, not just him. The Exterminator would want everyone dead as well, not just the Survivor. And if I were the Scientist, I'd probably go after somebody else first Night, just because it'd be easier to pick up that Alien next Night then find a Dopp.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2009, 08:24:28 pm »

That is QUITE the optimistic thinking WA. If I were a scientist, I'd snatch him up while I could, rather than risk something horrible happening to him.

Meph, would a plasma bomb kill a shielded alien outright, or would the shield save him?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 22, 2009, 09:08:35 pm »

I think the shield would save him.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: July 22, 2009, 10:16:06 pm »

I think the shield would save him.

Back from preview night...

Yes, the shield would save him from the Plasma bomb.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 22, 2009, 10:27:50 pm »

So when does the day end Meph?

I guess i will join the bandwagon against Org for him lurking. Seems reason enough to lynch anyone on this fine day as nobody is really standing out enough as scum.
Unvote

Vote org

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 22, 2009, 10:45:25 pm »

... I'm going to cry when I have to read through this.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 22, 2009, 11:00:30 pm »

So when does the day end Meph?

~9am pacific Tomorrow morning. Depends a lot on when I head out to Con.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 23, 2009, 12:32:31 am »

... I'm going to cry when I have to read through this.

I did too, Panda, you'll get over it.

I'm curious about you, Fey.  You haven't said much, then pop on to join a bandwagon.  Not that I don't think it's perfectly reasonable to vote for Org, as his is lurking and we do want a lynch, but your only other action besides voting for Org was a somewhat half-witted accusation of Janus.  Besides all the lurkers, who do you think is scum?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 23, 2009, 01:52:48 am »

Frelock, that is mostly because, my active hours take place a bit later then most of the discussion going on.  I get home at 4.00pm (GMT+12.00) from school during weekdays which is  about 5 or 7 hours later than when most people here are active. So I am basically catching the tail end of the discussion. From what I have read most of the posts so far give no real base to lynch anyone as most are pretty contentless. The posts with content are only analyzing the little things wrong with other peoples posts so still don't help much. Also, I have have a somewhat limited access to free time as I have a stem cells, biology research project due in next Friday.

SniHjen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/Hacenten
« Reply #191 on: July 23, 2009, 02:12:11 am »

I just got up.

Wow, I had not expecting that.

Unvote Servant Corps

It's a waste of time to lynch him due to the fact that the cultist, the dopps and the possible scientist are all after him.
Not to forget the possibility of a EXTERMINATEor, and Co.
It's also a waste of time since he doesn't have a kill role.

He could still be lying...

I would vote for org, but it seems he isn't lurking, he simple isn't on.
But lurkers arn't helpful to us, neither are they helpful when they arn't on.

Vote Mephansteras Archangel
That [Magma] is a bit deep down there, don't you think?
You really aren't thinking like a dwarf.

If you think it is down too far, you move it up until it reaches an acceptable elevation.

EchoP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: July 23, 2009, 02:28:29 am »

Don't worry guys, I'm back!  :)

I have been playing another rather intense mafia game on another board, so have not had much time for this game. Add to that 50 new posts every time I come and check the thread and we have a ready made lurker. But, the other game is over now, so I should be able to catch up.

Again, I have only been reading sporadically, and so I only have one suspicion.
I just got up.

Wow, I had not expecting that.

Unvote Servant Corps

It's a waste of time to lynch him due to the fact that the cultist, the dopps and the possible scientist are all after him.
Not to forget the possibility of a EXTERMINATEor, and Co.
It's also a waste of time since he doesn't have a kill role.

He could still be lying...

I would vote for org, but it seems he isn't lurking, he simple isn't on.
But lurkers arn't helpful to us, neither are they helpful when they arn't on.

Vote Mephansteras Archangel
This post just screams dopp at me, for two reasons. One, the overly nervous and too long explanation. Most humans unvote and move on, and it is usually the dopps who try to cover their every move, especially with lists. Secondly, the 'He could still be lying' line serves no purpose other then to cover his tracks either way the situation goes.

So yeah, Vote: SniHjen

A_Fey_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: July 23, 2009, 02:35:05 am »

Remember RED

EchoP

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: July 23, 2009, 03:01:22 am »