Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9

Author Topic: Vote for "Full Graphics Support"  (Read 12275 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Vote for "Full Graphics Support"
« Reply #105 on: July 29, 2009, 10:41:48 am »

has anyone tried substituting "[RGB:127:255:212]" for "[COLOR:5:0:0]" and seeing what happens?

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2009, 10:43:09 am »

Good point. Perhaps have every item list its perceived color.. or add in paint!

"What? You don't like the green chair? Fine go paint it blue yourself!"

I'm aquiver with delight at the thought of people going bonkers that their Champion insists on painting everything in his room pink

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2009, 10:47:25 am »

I'm aquiver with delight at the thought of people going bonkers that their Champion insists on painting everything in his room pink

"OH god what did you do to my artifact adamantine plate? IT HAS BUNNIES ON IT?!?! IS THAT A RAINBOW?!"

yay for female champions.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2009, 10:49:30 am »

just tried replacing the 5 in there with SEPIA, and it didn't work, just shows up as black.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2009, 10:54:07 am »

just tried replacing the 5 in there with SEPIA, and it didn't work, just shows up as black.

Darn, I hoped I was clever. Turns out I'm just delusional.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2009, 11:00:13 am »

descriptor_color_standard

[OBJECT:DESCRIPTOR]

[COLOR:AMBER]
   [NAME:amber]
   [RGB:255:191:0]

[COLOR:AMETHYST]
   [NAME:amethyst]
   [RGB:153:102:204]

[COLOR:AQUA]
   [NAME:aqua]
   [RGB:0:255:255]

[COLOR:AQUAMARINE]
   [NAME:aquamarine]
   [RGB:127:255:212]

[COLOR:AZURE]
   [NAME:azure]
   [RGB:0:127:255]

[COLOR:BEIGE]
   [NAME:beige]
   [RGB:245:245:220]

umm... I see something here.....

Yes, you see a bunch of colors that are never actually displayed by the game.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Andir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2009, 11:38:15 am »

the text "SEPIA" or the RGB representation of it? (ie: [RGB:94:38:18] )
"Having faith" that the bridge will not fall, implies that the bridge itself isn't that trustworthy. It's not that different from "I pray that the bridge will hold my weight."

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2009, 11:40:31 am »

Doesn't matter. Neither will work. It's expecting a color from the palette.

Trust me, if the game allowed you to use full-on RGB values for all the item/material colors in the game, people would know by now.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Granite26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2009, 12:11:15 pm »

"OH god what did you do to my artifact adamantine plate? IT HAS BUNNIES ON IT?!?! IS THAT A RAINBOW?!"

yay for female champions.

(B)edazzle stone crafts

jamoecw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2009, 12:31:22 pm »

12/03/2008: 1048. Color variations and changes over time are done (for any tissue layer, from skin or muscle to the stomach to eyebrows or claws), and I've defined a new colored pattern definition for things like stripes and mottled patterns that can have more than one color at a time. So you could have your borgle's borgle fade from either their starting blue or starting red into a purple and green striped pattern gradually as they age, or something. Appearance modifier change rates are also done, so unit hair/nails can grow, or you could have your borgle's borgle grow thicker from age 10 years to age 15 years (it still can't be borgly to any degree). It only supports one start/end time at this point for growth rates, but today's changes are enough to go from having no facial hair for a human male at birth to having a beard start to grow after some years to having the beard gray slowly after a certain age is reached (with the color change being defined as a change at the root of more and more hairs rather than a fading of the color all around, as you might want for some other color changes). The length/color changes will matter for the descriptive paragraphs (which are up roughly after wounds in the countdown), and there can be all sorts of applications later on, from cultural entity rules to wrestling effects.

unless the icons are going to change color with the new color changes (a purple and green striped pattern), then icon color is going to be decoupled from descriptor color in the next release.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2009, 12:43:39 pm »

They were never really coupled for creatures in the first place.

jamoecw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2009, 01:10:34 pm »

so all this "i like color" stuff is just nonsense, the dwarves base their opinions of the descriptors, or do they magically know what color the icon are?

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 29, 2009, 01:31:25 pm »

Something is NOT in the top ten for a reason. Trying to drum up support for your favorite thing isn't acceptable no matter what you think the ultimate benefits for it is.
I disagree. 

The whole point of a top ten list is to capture popular opinion.  Drumming up support encourages more of the public to participate, and therefore makes the top ten list a broader and more trustworthy reflection of the public view.

If you feel that one campaign skews the results, your only valid response is another campaign.  The more the merrier!  :)
Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 29, 2009, 01:36:40 pm »

so all this "i like color" stuff is just nonsense, the dwarves base their opinions of the descriptors, or do they magically know what color the icon are?

What I meant is that the creature color descriptors you're talking about were never coupled to the creature tile color.  I wasn't talking about the favorite color stuff.  But yeah, they base their opinions on the descriptors as far as I know.

Sizik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 29, 2009, 01:41:25 pm »

Skyscrapes, the Tower-Fortress, finally complete!
Skyscrapes 2, repelling the zombie horde!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9