Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22

Author Topic: RPLP : Battleships Forever. Rebels go boom, fed's go pewpew pirates go arr arr.  (Read 25904 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

Yeah, not the permanent deflectors, I meant the ones like those on the big shield ship.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile

This is getting good. In the first update, I thought I'd blown up for a minute.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did I get kicked out for not being here?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com

Did I get kicked out for not being here?
Not permanently. I must have miscounted or something, because I thought I had everyone, but apparently you also had a fighter. Well, I see you didn't post the specs yet, so go ahead and post them if you want to be back in. Your right in time for the first "Boss battle".

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Missile launchers and missile pods and nanomatrices everywhere, yes yes! I dislike blasters, too standard and wussy. Twin blasters are ok, but they're just 2 small wussy guns together. Need giant missile launcher. So that would be 4 missile launchers, 2 missile pods, 2 nanomatrices, and that artillery gun, right?
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Missile launchers and missile pods and nanomatrices everywhere, yes yes! I dislike blasters, too standard and wussy. Twin blasters are ok, but they're just 2 small wussy guns together. Need giant missile launcher. So that would be 4 missile launchers, 2 missile pods, 2 nanomatrices, and that artillery gun, right?
That's the same thing I got!

Do you mind if we try to get some point defense guns, or flak guns, or something to help defend our ships?

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's the same thing I got!

Do you mind if we try to get some point defense guns, or flak guns, or something to help defend our ships?

We'll see if the story allows that.

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile

CSMM: "Gut the cowardice Confederate dogs! Strewn their internals all over their bridges!"

Also, is there going to be a plot point when you get more actual crew? Like, pirates that do the muscle work and do boarding actions? If we're doing boarding actions, we need LOTS of swabbies payed for pennies shooting and hacking places up in the heat of battle, as you can expect, the regular characters (besides me and Luke) won't have time for boarding when their commanding their ships.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

CSMM: "Gut the cowardice Confederate dogs! Strewn their internals all over their bridges!"
WHAT HE SAID!!

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, is there going to be a plot point when you get more actual crew? Like, pirates that do the muscle work and do boarding actions? If we're doing boarding actions, we need LOTS of swabbies payed for pennies shooting and hacking places up in the heat of battle, as you can expect, the regular characters (besides me and Luke) won't have time for boarding when their commanding their ships.
You make a point. On this moment I'm pretending there are atleast a few droids running around each ship which can be used as boarding fodder.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did I build them? Or did we sell out and go buy some droids?

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did I build them? Or did we sell out and go buy some droids?
Uhmmm.... they came with the ship. And you modified them so that they say "Arrr" in a robotic voice every once in a while.

This coming up with fluff is surprisingly easy if you can throw in enough "Arrr".

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

"What sound do the weapons platforms make when fired?"
 "Uhh, they go 'ARRRRRRRR!'"
 "Awesome."
 "They also have an extra sensor device just so we could fit an eyepatch over it."
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

How about the cats do the boarding? What could possibly be more cool than having your ship taken over by a swarm of robotic kitties?

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile

"Major."
"Yes?"
"Bring out the strings."
"Oh, those pirates again?"
"Yes. Make sure everybody checks to make sure their underwear compartments are securely locked and keep the kitchens closed. we don't want the pickle madness from a few years ago happening again."
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 22