Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22

Author Topic: RPLP : Battleships Forever. Rebels go boom, fed's go pewpew pirates go arr arr.  (Read 25938 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.

I am unsure if I am part of the crew at this point, and if so, if I profited from the treasure and get a better ship...
Eh?
Eh!

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com

I am unsure if I am part of the crew at this point, and if so, if I profited from the treasure and get a better ship...
I knew there was atleast someone missing. Write up your ship and all that and join in. Your still in for the better ship.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Confederacy's Military
By Jimmy Star

- Punitive Brigades

After the first war against Thr is no U, Kerrigan found that he lacked a steady source of manpower, as little men were willing to fight against the almost fanatical militarstic fleet of the Baron. When one of his advisors mentioned "those baron scum should all be in jail, breaking stones for us", he had a great idea for more men. He would simply "buy" prisoners from the then still existing other empires. Many empires were willing to sell their "societal waste" for barely anything. And so, the Punitive Brigades were formed. These men were giving the chance to have a career, a steady income and a possible new life once the war was over and if they survived, but were kept under observation by strict brass. Nowadays, punitive brigades are still used in the empire. Criminals are recruited, even in peace time, though on a very small scale, to work on ships. Not only are they now called "Punitive Brigades" because they are a punishment for the criminals, they are also used to "punish" rebels, as they frequently engage in skirmishes with rebel organizations. Punitive Brigades often are equipped with very strong ships and sometimes even experimental weaponry, with might seem surprising since you are basically handing weapons to criminals, but from experience it is known that there is actually almost no mutiny in Punitive Brigades, and that moral is even higher than in regular brigades.

- A closer look on Punitive Brigades

We'll take an example, the third Punitive Brigade, lead by Captain Zhukov. The third Punitive Brigade is one of the more veteran brigades out of there, with it having fought many battles over the years. Captain Zhukov is known for his demands of unquestioned loyalty and brutal punishment, which together with his impressive battleship, make him a feared enemy to face. His brigade has impressive ships to it's disposal.

The Zhukov, the flagship, is an enormously impressive ship which can break normal ships in a matter of seconds. It's enormous laser gun in it's front does ENORMOUS amounts of damage, and the many twin blasters it has make sure it can still do hefty damage while the laser is charging.

Eternals are corvettes used to support the mainstay of the brigade, the Dragonflies. They use rail guns to destroy turrets, if possible, multiple at the same time. The Gessler turrets on the back are used to bombard enemies from far away.

Dragonflies are the mainstay of the brigade. They are fast, and while 4 blasters might seem little for military grade ships, Dragonflies are used in flocks, so enemies might find themselves facing 40 blasters instead. 

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.

2x Nano
2x Twin blaster
4x missile

By the way, what happened to the old weapons and modules from the small ships?
Sold off, or still available for future plot device use?
Eh?
Eh!

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2x Nano
2x Twin blaster
4x missile

By the way, what happened to the old weapons and modules from the small ships?
Sold off, or still available for future plot device use?
Sold off. Of course, you'll probably be able to buy them again at some point.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

After actually playing a bit, I have determined that swapping out my blaster pair for rockets would be a good idea.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

After actually playing a bit, I have determined that swapping out my blaster pair for rockets would be a good idea.
I'll change them before the battle.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah. I figure that it takes us to the ideal range for our weapons, and those blasters significantly decrease that.

Or I'm just not paying attention while I kick alien buttocks.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

So you gave us more powerful ships because we were getting slaughtered.

Then you throw us against what you're calling the toughest fleet in the galaxy.

To piracy!
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile

We totally need to board the Zhukov, and name it King Toad's Revenge. Name the man in charge "Boozebeard"! (Assuming we keep the 12th Bay.)
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Swap out one teleport for a repair.  Use teleport to run away when necessary.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So you gave us more powerful ships because we were getting slaughtered.

Then you throw us against what you're calling the toughest fleet in the galaxy.

To piracy!
Not the toughest fleet in the galaxy. The second toughest brigade in the galaxy.
Also, you'll have exploding rebel ships to use as cover. It won't be that bad.

We totally need to board the Zhukov, and name it King Toad's Revenge. Name the man in charge "Boozebeard"! (Assuming we keep the 12th Bay.)

You might.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 07:35:44 pm by Asheron »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try to get at least a couple of us behind the big ships to destroy the weakest parts.

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile

Do the rail guns take out missles? If they can't you should focus on Eternals with the fighters with missles, while everyone else goes after the Dragonflies. then everyone hammers on the flagship.

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Everything takes out missiles. It's just really hard to hit the missles with anything.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 22