Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22

Author Topic: RPLP : Battleships Forever. Rebels go boom, fed's go pewpew pirates go arr arr.  (Read 25872 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile

Can I join? I got an idea that maybe instead of a fighter pilot I could be a geek that remote controles the demeter drones, any deployed platforms, manage the software for point defence and homing for missiles, etc.? I've got a really good character concept for it.
I'm the mechanic, we will have this crazy comedy thing going on pretty soon.  Remember,
"It can be fixed in software!"
"Broken Gear"
"Fix it in Software"
[facepalm]
Hilarius! ^_^
She's the kind that COULD fix a broken gear in software, mind you, it's called a "workaround".
Can I join? I got an idea that maybe instead of a fighter pilot I could be a geek that remote controles the demeter drones, any deployed platforms, manage the software for point defence and homing for missiles, etc.? I've got a really good character concept for it.
Well, ok. Type out things and we'll see in you in Neas Nesrrim.
Thanks!

Name of pilot: Machosa p. Graadth
Gender: Probably female, but this is based only on the use of pronouns in her paperwork.
Age ( approx ): Actual: 120, looks: 90, physical ability: 20, mental: antique
Any background information of the pilot ( not necessary ): If it were not for the blessing of red tape nobody would know her age, gender, name, or history. To get an idea of what she's like, imagine a stereotypical rural 90 year old lady, clad in brightly coloured rags and smelly. Now mix whit a female version of Filch, add a few USB ports to the head, a cybernetic eye, a Swiss army knife style mechanical arm, and a few other various implants. Now add 13 cats, they to cyborgs but to a lesser extent, that she has joined whit in a semi-hivemind like fashion. Then add a personality like Granny Weatherwax except an ubergeek. She also is fairly accomplished in martial arts, nothing spectacular until you combine it whit the element of surprise that comes from her looks, and her being a freekin cyborg.
Anything special: Not a fighter pilot, instead she's the on-board system administrator, resident programmer, and general geek. In game terms, this means she controls many of the highly automated systems such as Demeter drones, deployed platforms, pint defence, homing weapons etc. but does not have her own ship (at the beginning, at least.)
Fighter modules:
Fighter colour:
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 02:21:21 am by Armok »
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Kinda creepy, that women is. Then again, I do like cats. What a fun place!"
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile

Great. Thanks to you, I just spent the last TWO hours playing Battleships Forever, blowing shit up.

God, this takes me back to Sins of a Solar Empire, where you couldn't stop playing until you had that big old fleet, and you couldn't stop spamming light frigates because if you did, beam boating psychic freaks rushed your worlds OVER AND OVER AND OVER again.

Only you know.

Fun. And not extremely frustrating.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Damn, this game takes some learnin'.  Of course, I decided to jump right into the ship builder after barely grasping the basic controls, but still.  With no measure of ship power, it's hard to know if you've built something that's actually a challenge to use or just game breaking, like my heavy hitting assault cruiser.

Well, I know one thing at least.  I love Hestia Alphas, even if they are slow as molasses.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

Man the vanilla ships suck ass compared to some custom ships/fleets. Even the weaponry as well!

Like these two choice ships.

Spoiler: Or maybe this? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Or this? (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Maybe this? (click to show/hide)

TheNewerMartianEmperor

• Bay Watcher
  • ♥She'd cut you up!♥
    • View Profile

Dear sweet gods. Can you say: Invulnerable?
Once tried to conquer Earth, and succeeded! Too bad it got really, really boring, really, really fast.

One day, we shall all look back on this, and laugh. Sorry about the face, by the way, and the legs, and the eyes, and the arms. In fact, sorry 'bout the whole body.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

"Nesrrim neas is my vote. Hell, we might even find the 'Dark Rising' there. It's as good a place as any..."

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com

As your GM I demand you check out my ships. The ship editor is loads of fun, and not in the losing is fun kind of way. Linkie

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Can I be an enemy in this ship? :P

Post here.
File Here.

Chuck the custom ships folder into the custom ship folder in the main battleships forever folder, custom sprites in the custom sprites.

Also: Nice ships. I know this sounds bad, but how do you rotate pieces?
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 05:34:38 pm by Emperor_Jonathan »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

That threw me for a loop too.  With the piece selected, hit the EDIT button in the upper left (below ADD) and start typing numbers into the ANGLE field.  It supports negative numbers too, so dink with it and remember geometry.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile

I found it, you hold the V button and scroll.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com

And so it starts...

TC = The Crew
CA = Cap'n Asheron
M = Mechosa
D = Dorgon

Cap'n Asheron peered through the thriple glass windows of the 12th Bay's control room. The sun of Naes Nesrrim shone brightly, as ever.
CA "Machosa, how much further untill we reach the docking station of planet I?"
M "15 parsecs cap'n."
CA "Ah, good. Let her go nice and steady."

The 12th Bay basked in the light of RTD. Naes Nesrrim could not be seen, as RTD dwarfed it both in vibrance and size.
Suddenly, the board computer began beeping.
Beep. Beep. Beep.
CA "Uh what? Machosa, fix that will ya."
M "Cap'n, the computer is getting a reading of an abandoned ship. It seems to be orbiting the planet."
CA "That's strange."

CA "Hmm. Set sail for that ship!"
M "Wait. Uhm. Speaking for the crew, we would like some input in this adventure. We are putting our lives at stake here too."
CA "Ah dammit, whippersnappers. Alright... go ahead. Crew, what ya think?"
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 10:17:27 am by Asheron »

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Hundred year old Baron says "We Be Pirates!  Steal That Shit!"

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RPLP : Battleships Forever. To Naes Nesrrim!
« Reply #43 on: July 21, 2009, 06:13:14 pm »

All abandoned ships should be looted or pillaged.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RPLP : Battleships Forever. To Naes Nesrrim!
« Reply #44 on: July 21, 2009, 06:23:38 pm »

Loot and pillage.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 22