Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22

Author Topic: RPLP : Battleships Forever. Rebels go boom, fed's go pewpew pirates go arr arr.  (Read 25871 times)

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com

Yes, you'll be able to change modules. I have the feeling I know to what sun you'll be wanting to go. :)

Also, I forgot to mention, if anyone of you die you'll be able to call upon a secret clone vat.
That's good. Very good. Will my (sniper) combo work at all?

How many times can you call on the vat?

Hmm, let's say infinite. I'm going to be a bit of a cheat and make sure I or any other plaer don't lose in a way that we have to start all over again.

Oh, the combo should work. You'll probably be hanging around the back shooting rockets while the others are wizzing around. Those two deflectors should be handy too. I don't think ANY combo is useless with the options I gave.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I played this, and I remember deflectors being very useful. I can't turn down suicidal knife-range fighting though.

"Captain, if you're leaving it to the crew to decide, I vote we go to Sean's star Naes Nesrrim. I bought a particularly rare book there before signing on, and I'd very much like to pick it up. I don't trust the couriers, especially with the debt collectors hounding--er, I mean, with the rising freight costs and all."

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name of pilot: John McAllen
Any background information of the pilot: A big moron who couldn't possibly be hired by anything legal due to his less than stellar intellectual abilities and repeat tendencies to get in fights.  Since "tactics" and "strategy" are below him, thinks the best way to win is to just beat up his foes until they can't fight back. Just wants a big gun that will blow away everyone who sees it, both figuratively and literally.
Anything special: Ideal ship would be a giant-ass gun that moves slow as hell. Calls his ship "The Strongarm"
Fighter modules: 2 deflectors, 2 missile launchers
Fighter colour: Same as his captain.

To everyone who took a booster, I laugh at you, as deflectors are win tier in this game.
Righty.
Well, deflectors are very good but I increased the usefullness of boosters a bit.

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Captain, if you're leaving it to the crew to decide, I vote we go to Sean's star Naes Nesrrim. I bought a particularly rare book there before signing on, and I'd very much like to pick it up. I don't trust the couriers, especially with the debt collectors hounding--er, I mean, with the rising freight costs and all."

Oh yes, crew, you can start suggesting where we go to. i still have to post the intro story, but that way I'll be able to update instantly after that. ( Also, I'll be putting up a spoiler list of all the parodies and winks and all that, though I think most of them are easy to guess ).
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 04:09:47 pm by Asheron »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

"Captain, I agree with Nirur Torir, but I would like to know a little more about Naes Nesrrim before I set my vote in stone." ( I assume that "set in stone" is a timeless phrase)
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 04:17:48 pm by zchris13 »
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A hitchhiker's guide to this universe, part I
By Allan Star

Since time memorial, this corner of the universe has been ruled by the great human confederation. Noone seems to remember where we came from, little written sources remain of the old days, and millenia of popular culture has decimated the original culture of our forefathers.

Our confederacy exists of 7 suns. ( Eight if you count RTD and Naes Nesrrim as two suns ).

Nockin' I do is a strange sun. It's planets inhabitants are known for random outbursts of perversion and law enforcement is weak in these parts. Nockin' I do is known for it's extreme heat, which is why all of it's four planets are as good as desert planets.

Rlly Big Planet is known for the fact that the confederacy has a lot of experimental designing facilities on it's two planets. It's strange that a sun is called Rlly Big Planet, and some believe this is so because of a mistake in the heat sensors of the discoverers of the sun, which made them think it was too cold to be a sun. Unfortunately, their ship burned up and it would take 2 more centuries for a succesful colony to be set up.

Thr is a U is known for it's feud with Thr is no U. The strange names of these planets can be explained by the fact that the discoverers of these suns were Nockin" I do-ians. It is only due to the confederacy's military power and the sworn alliance between the suns of the confederacy that there has been no serious war between the two suns.

Naes Nesrrim and RTD are twin suns. This sun system is very much unexplored, and some believe a third planet is out there somewhere. This sun system is known for it's beautiful nature, and for the fact that Kerrigan the Great, founder of the confederacy, was born here.

3.1415 is a lie is a very small sun. Some believe it is actually a part of RTD that managed to get away due to a black matter cave-in in 4050 after the birth of Kerrigan. It is known for it's weak gravitianal powers and it's cold planets.

Nenil is known for the fact that it's the heart of the empire. Most people live in the system of Nenil, and the house of the confederacy is located on it's third planet. It's first planet is known for it's excellent booze.

Thr is no U is know for the fact that it houses most of the confederacy's forces. It's planets have all been changed in to fortified strongholds. The lack of media reports has made this system very mysterious. It used to be in the hands of a militaristic baron, but he was defeated at the battle of 3.1415 strait by Kerrigan. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 04:29:58 pm by Asheron »

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Captain, I agree with Nirur Torir, but I would like to know a little more about Naes Nesrrim before I set my vote in stone." ( I assume that "set in stone" is a timeless phrase)
Well, seconds after you posted this I posted a hitchhiker's guide to this universe, part I. :)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You mean 15 minutes later. We first go to Naes Nesrrim, then to Rlly Big Planet. (riping off some experimental craft, FTW!)

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You mean 15 minutes later.
Shush. I was talking about 3.1415ian seconds.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 04:38:04 pm by Asheron »

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meet the crew!

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Aaaah, look at that, so cute! Anyways, we need to get some cash, so focus is on getting cash, stuff, and shit.

I'll go along with you guys, let's go to Neas Nesrrim
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Neas Nesrrim ahoy!  Just because I have no other ideas.

Also, it'd be hilarious for the RP bit if I really was the old Baron of There is no U cast into exile.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile

Can I join? I got an idea that maybe instead of a fighter pilot I could be a geek that remote controles the demeter drones, any deployed platforms, manage the software for point defence and homing for missiles, etc.? I've got a really good character concept for it.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can I join? I got an idea that maybe instead of a fighter pilot I could be a geek that remote controles the demeter drones, any deployed platforms, manage the software for point defence and homing for missiles, etc.? I've got a really good character concept for it.
I'm the mechanic, we will have this crazy comedy thing going on pretty soon.  Remember,
"It can be fixed in software!"
"Broken Gear"
"Fix it in Software"
[facepalm]

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, ok. Type out things and we'll see in you in Neas Nesrrim.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 22