Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22

Author Topic: RPLP : Battleships Forever. Rebels go boom, fed's go pewpew pirates go arr arr.  (Read 25881 times)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
Re: RPLP : Battleships Forever. Arr, piracy!
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2009, 03:26:48 pm »

Fair enough.

"Back to Planet I to repair, refuel and resupply. Then We'll go after that rebel base!"

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2009, 08:53:25 pm »

Cool.

Hmm, why would gold still be valuable in a scifi setting like this? If asteroids can be mined it's not really that rare.

(Also, I'm not sure is you already understand this and was just expressing the captains crudeness, but as I said the cats form a hive mind whit Mechosa rather than being mere pets, if you have read any scifi I shouldn't need to explain what that is. It does differ from most hiveminds in that ~80% of the processing is done in a single body, and it's one of the more lose kinds whit the individual having some identity to themselves, but it's still basically a single being.)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2009, 09:35:20 pm »

Asheron, you said all slots were full. Does that mean nobody else can join?
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

WorkerDrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Hey, if you can dream it, you can do it!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2009, 09:40:50 pm »

I DEMAND THE PART OF YOUR MARINE CAPTAIN.

Name: Caltor 'Scar' McMulligan

Appearance: A two meter monster in ridiculously large armour, his face ENTIRELY hidden behind a armoured visor plate shielding his face behind a wall of holographic data and of course a H.U.D.

Biography: The toughest fucker this side of the Milky Way, rumour has it he threatened to bite the head off the Captain to join the payroll, and shit it out. Into lead nails. He's rude, lewd, and he'll kill you dude. He's also a dick.

Now.

Let's go fuck shit up.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2009, 09:58:49 pm »

Asheron will I ever get my special ship? :3

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2009, 10:24:54 pm »

So what's the rules on getting new ships?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2009, 11:04:07 pm »

Yeah! I wanna hotrod my ship into some highly illegal, custommotherfucking sniper cannon ship. built around a coilgun. That is my ultimate ship.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: July 24, 2009, 10:43:19 am »

So you ship will just be a coilgun with thrusters?

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: July 24, 2009, 11:03:32 am »

So you ship will just be a coilgun with thrusters?
And a cockpit and power source, and some shielding, but yes.
With maybe a single regular gun, just for killing asteroids, so I don't have to stop moving to shoot at things in my way.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 11:08:18 am by zchris13 »

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: July 24, 2009, 11:10:52 am »

Sounds cool

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: July 24, 2009, 11:22:44 am »

My dream is to someday pilot a massive Battlecruiser, christened the "TINU Unfit to Fly", a massive, jumbled assortment of random parts and weapons, creating an amazingly efficient, but ugly as hell ship.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: July 24, 2009, 11:26:10 am »

My dream is to someday pilot a massive Battlecruiser, christened the "TINU Unfit to Fly", a massive, jumbled assortment of random parts and weapons, creating an amazingly efficient, but ugly as hell ship.
Sure. I'll get right on that.
We will start with a YT-1300 freighter, mmkay?

Then, we hotrod the engines, add blasters and missile launchers.  Massive communications system for jamming and overpowering jamming.
Stealthy compartments for smuggling. Game table.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 11:36:13 am by zchris13 »

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #102 on: July 24, 2009, 01:49:22 pm »

Asheron, you said all slots were full. Does that mean nobody else can join?
Yes.

I DEMAND THE PART OF YOUR MARINE CAPTAIN.

Name: Caltor 'Scar' McMulligan

Appearance: A two meter monster in ridiculously large armour, his face ENTIRELY hidden behind a armoured visor plate shielding his face behind a wall of holographic data and of course a H.U.D.

Biography: The toughest fucker this side of the Milky Way, rumour has it he threatened to bite the head off the Captain to join the payroll, and shit it out. Into lead nails. He's rude, lewd, and he'll kill you dude. He's also a dick.

Now.

Let's go fuck shit up

But I'll make an exception for people who just want to be in as background characters.

Asheron will I ever get my special ship? :3

Once we get to the OMG-TITAN-SHIPS-EVERYWHERE stage, perhaps.

So what's the rules on getting new ships

Well, if we come across new ships we can take them, simple as that. I was also planning to let you upgrade your ships a bit with the gold we got at planet I, so I guess that's the first step in getting a new ship.

Yeah! I wanna hotrod my ship into some highly illegal, custommotherfucking sniper cannon ship. built around a coilgun. That is my ultimate ship.

Once we stand a chance we should go to the experimental sector then. We should come across some nice things there. If we survive, that is.

Blabla YT-1300 Freighter

We'll see.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 24, 2009, 01:52:45 pm »

Wait. What about me and that other guy no one cares about? We're still in, right, 'cause I remember you saying something about that.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com
« Reply #104 on: July 24, 2009, 01:53:26 pm »

Cool.

Hmm, why would gold still be valuable in a scifi setting like this? If asteroids can be mined it's not really that rare.

Erhm... it's a very rare radioactive kind of gold... it makes you both rich and sick!

(Also, I'm not sure is you already understand this and was just expressing the captains crudeness, but as I said the cats form a hive mind whit Mechosa rather than being mere pets, if you have read any scifi I shouldn't need to explain what that is. It does differ from most hiveminds in that ~80% of the processing is done in a single body, and it's one of the more lose kinds whit the individual having some identity to themselves, but it's still basically a single being.)
Well cap'n Asheron doesn't know that. Let' say Mechosa keeps the hivemind thing secret. That way the cats are a lot creepier ( since the crew doesn't know they are controlled ).

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 22