Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22

Author Topic: RPLP : Battleships Forever. Rebels go boom, fed's go pewpew pirates go arr arr.  (Read 25854 times)

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile

We need a ship to combat the Zhukov. Or we need the Zhukov. Whichever, really.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile

Is there any system right now for saying whether it's 'fair' to use two cruisers instead of one megaship, or whatever? Have you devised a 'points' system or anything?

And is there a point to this thread other than showing off d- I mean ship sizes?
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is there any system right now for saying whether it's 'fair' to use two cruisers instead of one megaship, or whatever? Have you devised a 'points' system or anything?

And is there a point to this thread other than showing off d- I mean ship sizes?
You were right the first time.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com

You were right the first time.
No system what so ever. No balance what so ever. As we like it.

And don't worry bout the Zhukov. Remember the 'secret weapon'. It's a ship.

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Alright, unless you modified that to have crazy over 9000 firepower and armor, I can beat that monstrosity.  And if everything is parented correctly.

First, a couple of beam sweeps to destroy those guns.
Then, I concentrate my firepower (from ships you haven't seen) and drill a hole in one side of your ship, making a path to the core.
(boom)
Yes,that ship has alot of hitpoints pretty good regeneration and the ability to shoot out nearly all projectiles on the battlefield.

Main gun fires a blast that splits apart and swamps a large area with very deadly bolts,that means MASSIVE fleet destruction with one shot.

On top of the main gun is a 'streamer' which rapidly fires blaster bolts.

Ship also has a pair of pinpoint 'obi beams'.

But really the reason I posted that is because I was showing how I built it(section usage),not how it can trash your ship or vice-versa.
Did it in v89. before all these new sections and shipmaker functions.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My alien battleship beats your battleship. But not really.

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile

Jesus, we need that on our side. How long does it take you guys to build these super-ships? I spend a good half-hour in the creator and only get an average sizer. Is there some way to enlarge the parts I'm unaware of?
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hit these keys in this order:
f1.
ctr-a
ctr-c

Now open a new word processor document

ctr-v.

Read.

And the answer is yes, yes there is.

I tell you to do this because there are so many features that you will never now if you don't read it.
Oh, and the little buttons on the left side to the right of the panels where you click to select a part, those are the edit buttons. You can do SO MUCH in there.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 03:51:58 pm by zchris13 »

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can scale them without changing their basic attributes.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Jesus, we need that on our side. How long does it take you guys to build these super-ships? I spend a good half-hour in the creator and only get an average sizer. Is there some way to enlarge the parts I'm unaware of?
The Uudra Phase ship took me around 3 days to complete. Lotsa tweaking and redesigning.

Around 300 sections.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Uhm. That ship took me 50 minutes. 

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

Heres the same ship torn apart and partially rebuilt by the Atriir(same universe I had goin' on)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What piece are those glowing engines on the back? I can only find thrusters...

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile

What piece are those glowing engines on the back? I can only find thrusters...
I just aegis'd three stock section 25s and layered them together.(that's for each strip)
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 22