Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22

Author Topic: RPLP : Battleships Forever. Rebels go boom, fed's go pewpew pirates go arr arr.  (Read 25836 times)

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
  • Look in to my eyesssss.
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ihavenoideathissiteexcisted.com

The Roleplaying Let's Play Version of Battleships Forever!

EDIT: NOBODY CAN JOIN ANYMORE. NOPE.

There we have it. The space version of the pirate game I abandoned due to the sheer horrors of grids. This RPLP ( Roleplaying Let's Play, woohoo ) has no grids, so everything should be just fine!
First of all, what game are we playing? Battleships Forever, of course. This cool freeware space real time tactics game is excellent for what I'm planning.

How are we playing?

This wouldn't be a let's play/roleplaying game without you guys playing along. We will be playing Battleships Forever in this universe I made up. We start off with one ship and a small squadron of "fighters". Those fighters would be piloted by you. You can customise these a bit, we'll get to that later. We move around our universe with our ship, encountering baddies, goodies, and random events on our way, hopefully creating some interesting storyline. We decide on what to do, and in the case of a battle, I shall use the handy sandbox mode of Battleships Forever to see what happens. On the way, I'll be doing a little bit of roleplaying and background fluff.

Let's get going!

So, you've decided to be a space pirate. Well, unfortunately, we all have to start low. You left home for whatever reason, and decided to be a pirate. Not being rich enough to afford your own ship, you had no other choice then to find someone who was.
Cap'n Asheron is. He's a rather shady bloke you encountered somewhere in an even more shady pub, and he offered you to join his ship, the 12th Bay, and to venture out with him together! Seeing this as the opportunity, you accepted.

The 12th Bay, armed with some deflectors, guns and deployment facilities to launch a squadron of fighters, is a decent ship, but it is certainly not a top tier one. It will take skill, luck and a bit of gold to become a true and feared space pirate!

I'm in!

Good to have you in the team. First of all you'll be wanting to customise your fighter.

Every fighter has the same chassis, the T-001 fighter. However, some spare parts and paint are lying around and there is no reason you couldn't tweak your fighter with them.

The backside has two empty spaces. Each of these spaces can either be outfitted with a deflector ( allows you to protect a part of your ship from a small amount of damage every now and then ) or a thruster, which increases speed and turning rate.
The front also has two empty spaces. These can be outfitted with either a missile launcher, which shoots high velocity rockets from a good range that cause a nice amount of damage, but these can be shot down by interceptor turrets, a blaster, which fires hot plasma bolts at the enemy ( average damage, good speed, good range but less than missile launcher, the best average turret ), or with a DOMINATOR 1-T turret, which does incredible damage with a good speed but is has a very small range.

You can change the fighter to any colour you want. I'm expecting atleast one pink one.

This is the universe we're pirating in. It's full of references to bay12 and other things, a cookie in you find them all.

Sign here please

So, to join, fill this in.

Name of pilot:
Any background information of the pilot ( not necessary ):
Anything special:
Fighter modules:
Fighter colour:
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 01:08:03 pm by Asheron »

Quote from: Toady One
Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Quote from: Yahtzee
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sign here please: X

Name of pilot: Nirur Torir
Age ( approx ): 59
Any background information of the pilot ( not necessary ): A bartender for too many years to count, Nirur saw his chance to evade drunks and debt collectors for good with Cap'n Asheron. He took it. He was some really strange theories about camouflaging a ship in space.
Fighter modules: 2x thrusters, 2x Dominator turrets.
Fighter color: Magenta

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Fleet

Nirur Torir, 59, male.

Lauren Ashworth, 25, female. The Blackwidow.

Dorgon, 22, male.

Aqizzar, 100, lantern jawed spaceman.

John McAllen, 27, male.

SHADOWdump, 19, male.

Rit Biggs, 24, male.

Qwertyuiopas, 42, male.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 05:51:16 pm by Asheron »

Did you just post a bunch of vegi-dicks on my board?  I've been trying to combat forum devolution a bit, and that involves fewer vegi-dicks!
Yes, random is funny, isn't it? Sometimes I set up a random number generator when I need a good laugh.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

Name of pilot: Lauren Ashworth
Background:
At the age of 19 Lauren was married to an astroid miner by the name of Adrian Ashworth. They lived happily together, until one tragic day.
Adrian was out mining when he recieved a distress call from a nearby ship. Being the kind hearted man that he was, he went off to see if he could help.
On arriving he saw that the ship in question was a cruise liner, and it was under attack by a Pirateship! Adrian knew that the cruise liner had no weapons and so, with his mining lasers at the ready, charged in to help.
It was over in a heartbeat. Adrian's mining ship was utterly vaporised, although he had managed to tear a large hole in the hull of the pirate ship with his lasers, causing it to beat a hasty retreat. That ships name was 'Dark Rising'.
Special: the Fighter should be called BlackWidow, if that's possible.
Fighter modules: 2 blasters, 1 thruster, 1 deflector
Fighter colour: Black

I spy a plot piece if you wan't it Asheron!

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I spy a plot piece if you wan't it Asheron!
Perhaps! Perhaps not... Perhaps!
:)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile

heh, i wanna see my ship.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

heh, i wanna see my ship.

Done. Battleships forever sometimes messes up the colour with lighting and shadows and all that, so it's more dark brownish than black. Oh well.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile

I wanna try this game out. Looks spectacular.  I don't know if I'll be on enough to play though. How often you expecting to update?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wanna try this game out. Looks spectacular.  I don't know if I'll be on enough to play though. How often you expecting to update?
I'm hoping at atleast once a day, sometimes perhaps a day not. You can join just for having the kicks of seeing you exploding in battle if you want though, with no active role.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm in. Going to edit this post when I make it.

Name of pilot: Dorgon
Age ( approx ): 22
Any background information of the pilot ( not necessary ): A hotshot mechanic/pilot, he spent his days hotrodding his meager (car equivalent).  Entered a race on a dare, placed unexpectedly high, and got in serious trouble during the expected drunken celebration.  He skips town, and finds the group in the bar.
Anything special: Can you call me mechanic, and RP it as such?
Fighter modules:
  • 2 Deflector
  • 2 Launcher
Fighter color: cyan
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 03:47:25 pm by zchris13 »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile

Name of pilot: Aqizzar
Age ( approx ): With my experience?  Let's say about 100
Any background information of the pilot ( not necessary ): I've fought Imperials.  I've fought Rebels.  I've fought Kilrathi.  I've fought Etherals.  I've fought Soviets, Sky Pirates, Allies, Japs, and Nazis of every era and description.
Anything special: I've mowed through mooks from one end of the multiverse to the other.  I am the Starfighter.
Fighter modules: two dominators, two thrusters (can this be changed later? 'cause it might suck)
Fighter colour: teal

I've been meaning to play this game for so long...
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm in. Going to edit this post when I make it.

Name of pilot: Dorgon
Age ( approx ): 22
Any background information of the pilot ( not necessary ): A hotshot mechanic/pilot, he spent his days hotrodding his meager (car equivalent).  Entered a race on a dare, placed unexpectedly high, and got in serious trouble during the expected drunken celebration.  He skips town, and finds the group in the bar.
Anything special: Can you call me mechanic, and RP it as such?
Fighter modules:
  • 2 Deflector
  • 2 Launcher
Fighter colour: cyan
Damn you, there is a u! ( in colour ^^ )
Alright, it's uploaded.

Asheron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name of pilot: Aqizzar
Age ( approx ): With my experience?  Let's say about 100
Any background information of the pilot ( not necessary ): I've fought Imperials.  I've fought Rebels.  I've fought Kilrathi.  I've fought Etherals.  I've fought Soviets, Sky Pirates, Allies, Japs, and Nazis of every era and description.
Anything special: I've mowed through mooks from one end of the multiverse to the other.  I am the Starfighter.
Fighter modules: two dominators, two thrusters (can this be changed later? 'cause it might suck)
Fighter colour: teal

I've been meaning to play this game for so long...
Yes, you'll be able to change modules. I have the feeling I know to what sun you'll be wanting to go. :)

Also, I forgot to mention, if anyone of you die you'll be able to call upon a secret clone vat.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, you'll be able to change modules. I have the feeling I know to what sun you'll be wanting to go. :)

Also, I forgot to mention, if anyone of you die you'll be able to call upon a secret clone vat.
That's good. Very good. Will my (sniper) combo work at all?

How many times can you call on the vat?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name of pilot: John McAllen
Any background information of the pilot: A big moron who couldn't possibly be hired by anything legal due to his less than stellar intellectual abilities and repeat tendencies to get in fights.  Since "tactics" and "strategy" are below him, thinks the best way to win is to just beat up his foes until they can't fight back. Just wants a big gun that will blow away everyone who sees it, both figuratively and literally.
Anything special: Ideal ship would be a giant-ass gun that moves slow as hell. Calls his ship "The Strongarm"
Fighter modules: 2 deflectors, 2 missile launchers
Fighter colour: Same as his captain.

To everyone who took a booster, I laugh at you, as deflectors are win tier in this game.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 22