Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23

Author Topic: EFS PBEM - The Copycat Wars - !!1 VACANCY!! - Li Halan Regency (1. regent)  (Read 39069 times)

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EFS PBEM - The Copycat Wars - !!1 VACANCY!! - Li Halan Regency (1. regent)
« Reply #300 on: November 20, 2009, 05:26:00 am »

A landing site will be organised just south of the Eye Outpost where the representatives of the house will meet with the new agents.

The Eye agents are invited to visit chief Imad Ad-din,governor of Cadiz, at the Cadiz palace and carry out any and all Eye inspections. The agents acting outside of the authorised Eye inspections will be treated as enemies and executed on the spot.

OOC: Landing with the spy on board is OK, as many times as you do it. Leaving the spy on the ground and moving the transporter is not OK.

House Al_Malik

/Turn done
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 20, 2009, 12:18:59 pm »

OOC: Landing with the spy on board is OK, as many times as you do it. Leaving the spy on the ground and moving the transporter is not OK.

Could you further explain this, please? I would like to be absolutely certain I am not misunderstanding.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 20, 2009, 12:28:01 pm »

In a secret letter intercepted by intergalactic news agencies and published in the Byzantium Courier:

To the Leaguemaster of Leagueheim:

I won't beat around the bush, we hate each other and this is well known.  You are despicable and worthless.  However, that does not mean the people of Kish do not want trade.  Because of me, one man, you would deprive an entire world of a trading market?  This just further reinforces the fact your guild is possibly in league with foreign forces attempting to topple my government.  As far as I can tell, you probably have cut off the Hawkwoods as well.  What a sad little guild you run to so blatantly insult an elected regent and his people.  This won't be the last you hear from me.

-Regent Gabrielle, Stigmata Garrison commander

(OOC: When Palazzo told me he couldn't move his fleet units over Stigmata because the total unit size would have gone over 20, I realized that the league has been stuck at Vera Cruz for who knows how long because of the same problem.  They can't get back through Holy Terra because of 20 church ships, since the two factions share the same stack position, so 6 league ships have sat there for seemingly forever.  My agora was replenished once and never again.  Pretty annoying given the fact I've been wanting to buy food all game).

Turn sent
« Last Edit: November 20, 2009, 12:30:52 pm by Kebooo »

Kejardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 21, 2009, 10:44:44 am »

ooc: I am a doppelganger who assassinated Kejardon and am wearing his skin. Any perceived personality differences can be written off to the insanity Hawkwood nobles are known for.
Accursed Hawkwood doppelgangers! I knew I should have had the royal houses cleared of anyone that may have been a doppelganger when I had the chance!
(incidentally I was waiting for a good opportunity to declare war on myself or other silly shenanigans :) )

(OOC: When Palazzo told me he couldn't move his fleet units over Stigmata because the total unit size would have gone over 20, I realized that the league has been stuck at Vera Cruz for who knows how long because of the same problem.  They can't get back through Holy Terra because of 20 church ships, since the two factions share the same stack position, so 6 league ships have sat there for seemingly forever.  My agora was replenished once and never again.  Pretty annoying given the fact I've been wanting to buy food all game).
ooooh. Food's not been a major problem for Hawkwood actually (it's gotten low at times but I've never needed more and not been able to buy it), but the lack of metal has been quite frustrating.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 22, 2009, 10:16:28 am »

At least we know what causes those lags with agoras' replenishment, now we just have to destroy the Church. In the name of Adam Smith!

What I've found out this turn, after accidently exiting the game, is that when you explore the ruins, and there ara free units "pledging allegiance" scripted, they'll always turn out to be of the same kind and number. However, if there's a relic, the exact type of it will be randomized each time. Subsequently, I had to reload the turn a dozen times before I got the same thing I've found the first time around.

Oh, and the turn is sent. I think.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 22, 2009, 04:37:47 pm »

Sorry for the delay, people have been on the net for the last 24~ hours. Turn finally sent.

Warning Bulletin from the Imperial Eye:
While attempting to land and explore the eastern hemisphere of the planet Manitou, Eye agents discovered a sizable force of rebels and were fired upon by a PTS Laser battery. None were seriously hurt, but Eye operations on the planet are being canceled for the time being. Explorers of Manitou are cautioned to avoid landing in the east unless they are prepared to deal with rebel fire.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 23, 2009, 03:55:20 pm »

Speaking of ruins, a few months ago, when this PBEM game was newer, I was trying to statistically find out the results of ruins.

I kept starting a new game and attacking the same ruin, and I did it 122 times.  I had planned to do it 500 or 1000 times but I kind of lost motivation to do it, so I may as well share the results I got.

25.4% of the time, a plane rebel stack was there
23.7% of the time, a noble/power legion rebel stack was there
17.3% of the time, a symbiot stack was there
13.9% of the time, a tank rebel stack was there
12.3% of the time, a Vlad Cruiser rebel stack was there
7.4% of the time, an officer rebel stack was there

27.8% of the time, a relic + unit(s) were found
26.2% of the time, a technology was found
25.4% of the time, only a relic was found
20.6% of the time, resources were found

So what I gathered from this is that there's just a 1 in 4 chance of the four different rewards you can get.  For units, it appears 1-3 of any kind of unit can pledge their loyalty to you.

As for the type of rebel stack that showed up, I couldn't really try and guess what the real probabilities are.  Possibly 25%, 25%, 15%, 15%, 15%, 5%.  Maybe someday I'll actually go through with doing this 1000 times.

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 25, 2009, 11:58:03 am »

Could you further explain this, please? I would like to be absolutely certain I am not misunderstanding.
I'm not shure I can explain it better. The eye spies shouldn't wander the planet, but stay with the transporter. You have more than enough transporters to cover all the players. If you start unloading spies all over Al-Malik planets I will know you are planning a hostile action.

The Prophet's Signet has been uncovered on planet Istakhr. Bringing great joy to the local church representatives.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 12:16:25 pm by Mlittle »
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 25, 2009, 08:02:11 pm »

I'm not shure I can explain it better. The eye spies shouldn't wander the planet, but stay with the transporter. You have more than enough transporters to cover all the players.

There's not much point in a spy if he's unable to move around. I'm willing to leave the transport in orbit until it's time for the spy to move on, if you wish. For now, more than two spies are unnecessary on any planet, and will likely remain so for some time.

If you start unloading spies all over Al-Malik planets I will know you are planning a hostile action.

Three confirmed spies from a government intelligence agency is not quite a sign of coming hostilities, but the opposite I'd hope. I am concerned with spotting invasion fleets, plague bombs and the like and reporting these to the most likely targets. I'd like to play the Eye as a balancing force instead of a group that makes the whole damn galaxy warm up their meson cannons when they're found in-system.

Also, and this may just be me, I find the idea of having to hide all your really cool stuff on backwater planets better for RP purposes as well. I'd be more than a little alarmed if there was a shed full of WMDs two blocks from my house, but if they're stored an the hind end of nowhere, not so much.

Quote from: Niccoló Machiavelli
This it happens in affairs of state, for when the evils that arise have been foreseen (which it is only given to a wise man to see), they can be quickly redressed, but when, through not having been foreseen, they have been permitted to grow in a way that every one can see them, there is no longer a remedy.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 28, 2009, 03:14:36 pm »

Whom are we waiting for?
Oh, and the thread's name should be changed.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 29, 2009, 12:01:15 am »

I sent the turn on to nakh on 11/24/09, not sure how far it's got since then.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 29, 2009, 10:04:21 am »

I've just got it. It has been sent to Zorgn now.

--

Praise the Pancreator! Brave warriors of Imperial Fleet return from their tour of duty over Symbiot-infested worlds. Every vile alien ship they encountered has been obliterated. We mourn valiant crews of two frigates which succumbed to infernal Symbiot weaponry.
The Fleet is now heading towards the Imperial Homeworld of Byzantium Secundus for repairs.

--

Ibn Palazzo watched the contraption being unloaded and transferred to the palace vaults. He turned to his trusted priest-technician, Brother Maynard and asked:
"O.K. what does it do anyway?"
"Milord, your esteemed sister uncovered a manual, I mean, the holy scripture, detailing the proper usage of the relic. Here, let me offer you a citation"
Brother Maynard opened an ancient-looking scripture labeled >The Book of Armaments< and read what follows:
"...And Saint Attila raised the Rod of Holy Smiting up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this Thy Rod of Holy Smiting that with it Thou mayest blow Thine enemies to tiny bits, in Thy mercy." And the Lord did grin and the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths and carp and anchovies and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit bats and large chu... "Hmm, let me skip a bit, Milord"... And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou switch off the Holy Safety Switch, then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceedest on to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, the aimest thou thy Rod of Holy Smiting towards thy foe, who being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it." Amen.
"oh, that's nice" said ibn Palazzo apathetically, "can we try it now?"
"Unfortunately, we haven't located the Holy Safety Switch yet. Perhaps additional funding towards studying the scriptures would shine some light on the subject?"
"Duh" thought Palazzo, " fine, you'll get your funding. Now get to work".

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: December 03, 2009, 07:26:38 pm »

Is it just my false impression, or did somebody lose interest in this game?

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: December 03, 2009, 08:22:41 pm »

I hope not. I sent the turn to Mlittle on Monday. Hopefully it arrived...

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: December 04, 2009, 05:25:22 pm »

I haven't received any turn yet.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23