Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: EFS PBEM - The Copycat Wars - !!1 VACANCY!! - Li Halan Regency (1. regent)  (Read 39100 times)

Kejardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Who knows why my tracker units look like direwolves from vanilla?
Obviously the Decados rely on animals to track their targets rather than technology

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Them's fighting words.

I think this calls for a war declaration during turn 1.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Ok, I fixed that.

My turn is done, will send it in a minute.

Now, there seem to be a few things to sort out:
1.What rules are we playing by? I.e. is the plague on/off? Are we abstaining from voting during the first election only?
2.Too bad the difficulty was set to begginer - one can't take more positive traits than negative. I really wanted "a friend in the League" for additional roleplay flair. Oh well.
3.I've just noticed a few things about the map: Aylon is NOT connected to Leagueheim nor Midian, even though it looks so on the first sight. Grail is connected to Aragon AND Sutek. It's also barren - as if it wasn't enough tension-inducing already.

Ok, the turn.

The air was hot and humid, as always. "I shall never get used to this" thought Ibn Palazzo as he stood on the hill overlooking a small village. The ever-present jungle of Severus took respite of this small patch of land, allowing a sizeable community to settle and maintain some farming. Fields of rye stretched as far as ten leagues ahead, sharply contrasting with the deep green of native severean vegetation lining the horizon. Down below small figures moved across the field, dark patches on the yellow background. Keen eye could discern a few bulky tanks in the van, some infantry hugging their backs, all steadily advancing towards the few buildings in which rebels were hiding. It was the day of young Salandra's coming of age. As it was customary, she led a strike force to prove that she can be accepted into the family as an adult, earning the honorary title of Battlemaster. Ibn Palazzo was not worried about her performance - Salandra was trained well, and besides, there was enough overwhelming firepower under her command to make sure she succedes. What worried Ibn Palazzo, was the rebels themselves. After all those years they were still hiding on Severus, playing guerilla, inciting the populace. Sure, the way we rule our serfs could be called despotic, but such are realities of living on a harsh world, something they failed to appreciate. Even more worrying was the inability of our internal security apparatus to thwart the rebellions before they break out.
"These matters are spoiling my day" thought Palazzo. To improve his humours, he started thinking about his recent success - after so many a purse switched hands, so many efforts to gather valuable information and put it to use, after so many exotic gifts, so many blackmailing letters, finally he put his man in the executive board of the League. First results were already visible - prices in the agora dropped where they should drop, risen where they should rise. "Truly, a mercantile savvy house we are!" mused Palazzo.
This reminded him how he tried to do the same with the Pancreator worshipping fanatics on Holy Terra, years ago, and how he failed miserably, earning himself an enemy in the Church. "No matter. I was young and inexperienced back then. Besides, it was a lesson well learned."
Salandra apparently finshed her "trial" in the village, it was time to head back to the palace. A magnificient feast shall be held today in her honour. Ibn Palazzo was looking forward to it - just as he could never get used to the heat, he could never get bored of indulging in a little bit of decadence.

Also, Hazzat, we need to talk.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

uh, crap. I've sent my turn to Kebooo. Can I have kejardon's email please?

Kejardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My name at gmail.com. I use the same name everywhere

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's ok, I annexed Hawkwood into my empire and will now play as both.

Plague is on.  Try not to ever intentionally starve units.  If they are going to starve on Byzantium II, we should warn the other players at least a turn or two ahead of time to avoid any trouble there.

I would suggest we abstain from the first election, it is part of the house rules for a reason.  I have been in games that abstained from the first three elections.  Granted, this was a historical galaxy (where the Imperial fleet has more ships than a random game thanks to Cadiz).  As soon as someone got the fleet they attacked me with it.  I'm ok with elections at the 20 year mark though.

I'm glad to hear Grail is a barren world...in a way.  My competitors grow stronger, but the inevitable drama over that world will be great.  I have bigger things to worry about...like Hawkwood having equal say to just about every planet in my sphere of influence.

Sorry about the beginner thing.  I haven't played a Nova game in 7 or 8 years so I thought beginner would have the most traits allowed.

Kejardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's ok, I annexed Hawkwood into my empire and will now play as both.
What you've failed to realize is that I've already rebelled and retaken Hawkwood.
And yeah, if we ever go to war, it's going to be pretty brutal when we're probably going to be able to invade eachother at any/every planet. But if we both hate the church, that must mean we're friends, right? Right?
Turn done and sending

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I must be losing my mind, I forgot all about the existence of Al-malik for about an hour there and I've been checking my inbox expecting an e-mail from Kejardon...only now does it dawn on me.

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My turn is done.
Will send as soon as I know the mail.

Saladin was content. It was three years, since he ascended his father, as the chief of Ayyutid tribe of the Al-Malik. Three years of warring and now, an end was in sight. He would forge a new, glorious future for the sons of desert. The tribes would be united under him, the chief of chiefs. The shame of the ancestors will be washed away and no more would he be, the mere representative of Al-Malik. All that was left to do, was to capture Al-Biden, the chief of the last rebelious tribe, the Zensid. And of course, either make him swear fealty, or sacrifice him to the ancestors.
The agents of the Internal Security Apparatus have learned of Al-Biden's location two days ago. Any moment now, the last of his blood guard and their gear would board the freighter ship that is to take them to the mining city, where Al-Biden was hidding. As always, he would board last, their battlemaster.
With all thirteen tribes accepting him as chief of chiefs, he will be the chosen of the spirits, protector of Istakhar, the chief of Al-Malik and what ever, the silly church would call him. It will be easy to deal with the remaining rebels among the sons of desert and the forest people. They will be much easier to deal with than the Enemy in Church. The church was not satisfied with his revival of some of the ancient practices. But those were good practices, strengthening his people. Some called Al-Malik Decadent, due to them, But Saladin was not one to care what others thought of him.
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In case you didn't get my PM, you can find it under my name in these posts in that little letter symbol.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile

Wow, Il and I didn't manage to go to war until turn 2.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry to bump in, but I saw this thread pop up a couple of days ago and thought, I so want to play this. But while I know that its full I still do...
Where can I get a copy of this game???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wow, Il and I didn't manage to go to war until turn 2.
Don't worry mainiac, I learned the lesson well - I'm certainly not going to go to war so soon. Not until turn 3 at least.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile

Nevyn: There are some copies floating on the internet, if you can't find one pm me.

The rest of you heathen scum:
Done with my turn, sent the save on.
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

cowboygeeker

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM - The Copycat Wars - Turn 2
« Reply #89 on: August 01, 2009, 05:23:24 am »

I'm an old hat with this game and would like to join in I have the game all installed and waiting, incase you want to play or start a new 5 player game.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23