Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: EFS PBEM - The Copycat Wars - !!1 VACANCY!! - Li Halan Regency (1. regent)  (Read 39093 times)

Kejardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm going to conquer the Vau! And the Church!  :D
But anyways, I'm ready to start whenever you all are.
I'm not an expert on what's fair and what isn't as far as galaxy distribution goes, so I think I'll just go along with whatever is acceptable to everyone else.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The Vau are actually easy to take...since they don't do anything.  Holy Terra will be interesting...5 scepters for the taking.  Pretty easy to conquer it in late game, militarily, but definitely harder politically.  No one likes it when an opponent has 10 scepters.  Of course Li-halan and Hawkwood have a lot of negotiating to do over virtually all of those worlds.

Ok, so if there aren't any more objections, we still have a few things to figure out:

Hyperion exe or no?  I vote no, but if the majority want it, I won't object.

Li-Halan: Kebooo (for now, willing to switch)
Hazat: ?
Decados: ?
Hawkwood: Kejardon
al-Malik: Dwarmin

That leaves nahkh and Mlittle to choose what they'd like to be.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 01:11:40 pm by Kebooo »

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

whoops

Kejardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

hai thar accidental double post
I was playing around a bit a minute ago and it doesn't seem to actually be the hyperion exe that's affecting the stability... I'm not sure why my two copies seem to be working differently when they're the same .exe... I might look into that later. So I'll play with either .exe I guess.
And yes, I have two copies of the EoFS files, one for Hyperion, one for Nova. :P

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile

I hate to say it, but I'm going to have to drop out. I can't get this stupid game to work again.  ::)

Sorry, and good luck finding a replacement.
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am ok with the universe as it is. It should offer a very interesting play due to it being unballanced.

I'm against playing the hyperion version.

My plan was to pick which ever house was left for last. I'll stick to it for now.

I do want to have five players in this game.

And I hope this won't be as peacefull division of the universe as Keboo proposed.
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Argh, Dwarmin, what is the issue?  :(  Maybe we can find a way to resolve it.  Just as I thought we were about to get this off the ground.

Kejardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There's something I've been kinda confused about off and on. Some of you seem to be suggesting the resource markers are randomized, and others are suggesting the resources are constant. AFAIK it's always the same...
I've also never noticed a difference between a historical game and a randomized game, and I've assumed that an external map maker was required to randomize the starting galaxy.
Am I missing stuff here?

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There are worlds that are always the exact same, no matter whether you play historical or random.  These are:

Byzantium II
Stigmata
Holy Terra
Leagueheim
Kish (Li-Halan homeworld)
Istakhr (Al-Malik homeworld)
Severus (Decados homeworld)
Delphi (Hawkwood homeworld)
Aragon (Hazat homeworld)

In a random galaxy, there are always two linked worlds that contain the Vau, but their layout is random (one is always named Vau).  There are always three linked worlds connected to Stigmata that house the symbiots (sometimes one will have a link to another planet outside this triangle/Stigmata setup), and these also are random.

The other planets are randomized, but take names from the historical galaxy.  For example, Criticorum in a random galaxy could very well be a barren planet, or an ice planet, as opposed to what it is in the historical galaxy.  Any enemies on randomized worlds - rebels, symbiots, and Vau - automatically have 0% loyalty.  No one knows where any resource markers are on these random planets and it adds to the intrigue and exploration of the game.  One player may have more planets to conquer in a random galaxy, but they could be worth less in general.  No one knows.

Also, anyone wanting to replace Dwarmin? :(
« Last Edit: July 28, 2009, 05:00:51 pm by Kebooo »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile

Aaaaaa. I know I shouldn't be doing this, I've got life to live, a job, etc. But I'll play. Put me in as the Decados.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I love you.

I've been waiting for this moment for 8 years.  Biding my time, cackling, waiting in the dark corner of my room.

Ok, so what I see is this:

Li-halan: Kebooo
Hazat: ?
Decados: Il Palazzo
Al-malik: ?

So Nahkh can choose between Hazat and Al-malik, and mlittle will be whichever one he doesn't choose.

I haven't sen Nahkh post in the topic for a while though...here's hoping he sees this.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile

Sorry for not posting a while.
All my time has been hijacked by having to write a 120 page Python doc at work, and running SparkGear on my free time. But yes, I'm still willing to administer this game. It's currently 2 AM here, so if you'll pardon me I'll post again from work tomorrow.

I'm gonna go with Hazat I guess.
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok, so here we go:

Li-halan: Kebooo
Hazat: Nahkh
Decados: Il Palazzo
Al-malik: Mlittle

Here's the Hazat turn: 

http://s235607088.onlinehome.us/whote/Stuff/turn1hazat.sav

I'll post my intro/traits later.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile

Oooh, you've already started. Good, good.
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

This should be interesting, me and Il Palazzo switching houses. We gonna be neighbours again?
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23