Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23

Author Topic: EFS PBEM - The Copycat Wars - !!1 VACANCY!! - Li Halan Regency (1. regent)  (Read 39078 times)

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EFS PBEM - The Copycat Wars - Pax Galactica, no regent elected.
« Reply #240 on: September 20, 2009, 09:28:15 am »

In an acceptance speech to the senate on Byzantium II:

My fellow Lords and Ladies, today I wept tears of joy that it was I given the task to bring order to the galaxy.  To the best of my abilities, I swear to do it.  Too long have the ministries sat idle while foreign invaders slowly encroach on our worlds.  It is with great honor, as regent, I choose Lord ibn Palazzo as commander of the Imperial Fleet.  The Decados are a clever and intelligent people that will maintain and watch over this division as well as any.  Likewise, Lord Kejardon and the Hawkwood, ever an honorable people, make a perfect fit to welcome in a new age for the Imperial Eye.  This leaves my own house, the Li Halan, with the Stigmata Garrison.  I do not take this task lightly, as the symbiots have haunted my nightmares for some time.  With great pride I hope to build this Garrison into the defensive fortress it must become to keep us safe from these horrible abominations lurking in the shadows.  These are dark times, my friends, but with some level of order restored, we can survive them.

-Regent Gabrielle, High Lord of house Li Halan, Stigmata Garrison Commander

(turn sent)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2009, 09:32:30 am by Kebooo »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 22, 2009, 01:06:43 pm »

Turn sent. I'll post my diplomatic statements later. As for now, goodnight.

Kejardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 22, 2009, 06:49:04 pm »

Turn sent.
---
If it's the Imperial Eye, shouldn't it be We rather than Eye? I mean, 'We are watching you' works much better than 'Eye is watching you' after all... why doesn't anyone else notice how backwards this is?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 23, 2009, 05:38:08 am »

Kejardon: Eye fits better, 'cause the Empire is an authoritarian entity. In other words, it's the Eye of the Emperor(right now in absentia).

--

the popular indie(i.e. not sponsored by ibn P. at all. For real!) hiphop band from Severus relased a hit song this winter. It goes:
Look up in the sky, it's a plane, it's a bird,
It's Ibn Palazzo, bitch, and he'll be bringing the pain!
He's got Meson Cannons installed in his grill, no lie,
He's gonna blow your ass straight off the map,
Good bye!

(shamelessly ripped off Duane and BrandO's MegaMan2)

Meanwhile, at the senate:
Dear senators! The Decados would like to thank you for recognizing our house as the fittest one to be placed in the command of the Imperial Fleet. We shall be sure to put it to good use, maintaining the balance of powers in the galaxy, despite the tensions that we've all seen arising lately.
Furthermore, we're going to use our ministry's military power to put an end to Symbiot's threat once and for all. The Ships are moving towards Stigmata as we speak, and they shall engage Symbiot invasion fleet as soon as they reach assembly points.

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 23, 2009, 08:24:23 am »

I got the wrong save. It's the beginning of Hawkwood turn.
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

Kejardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 23, 2009, 12:58:13 pm »

Ahahahaha... whoops. Correct turn sent.
Palazzo, I don't think you get it.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 23, 2009, 01:43:50 pm »

Nope, I suppose I don't. But it doesn't really matter. I've got the big guns now, so I can disregard any double entendres.

Kejardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 23, 2009, 02:29:58 pm »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 23, 2009, 06:17:50 pm »

Ok, I'm thick.

In other news:

Ibn Palazzo wishes to stress that any activity of the Eye, be it ground or space based, on and over our homeworld shall be treated as a hostile act, prompting our forces to act with extreme prejudice.

Kejardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 23, 2009, 06:47:05 pm »

That's a rather curious threat. As the acting chief of the Imperial Eye, House Hawkwood would like to know what activities you think the Eye is supposed to carry out.
Or are you trying to keep something secret?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: September 23, 2009, 07:15:27 pm »

Dear Cousin,
With all due respect, as soon as the Eye came under control of your house, it stopped being a neutral entity. Anything it's going to do now is undoubtely bound to be fueled by your own agenda. Thus, I can not see any reason why you should be spying on me in my home, other than preparing some ill meant actions, perhaps martial in nature, which is in itself an act of war under any definition. Won't you agree?

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 24, 2009, 04:39:57 pm »

Lords,

My forces on Stigmata have discovered a symbiot and eradicated it.  We have seen no signs of hives, but will scour the planet to make sure the threat has been eliminated.

-Stigmata Garrison Commander Gabrielle

(OOC:  Are we allowing the construction of cities that are "off map", as in, you can't see them in the close up screen, but can see them when you expand the mini-map.  I believe they're invulnerable to bombardment.  I don't think there's any explicit house rule against it, so I'm asking now.)

Turn sent
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 04:52:54 pm by Kebooo »

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 24, 2009, 09:54:49 pm »

(I'm fine with the off-map cities.)

Honorable cousins,
 I find it curious how a fellow House finds it upon themselves to navigate a large fleet through Hazat space, and over our home world no less, without consulting us first. It would have been somewhat more tolerable if it had been done with Imperial authority (and thus with only the imperial fleet), but we have detected several Decados warships accompanying the imperial fleet in orbit over Grail. This is in direct violation of the Grail treaty, which begs the question: What games are you playing at, Ibn Palazzo? I am withholding the Hazat fleet from firing upon said ships only out of respect for the common good. The Symbiots are, after all, humanity's common enemy.
 I would advice all Houses, present and future ministers, that the conduct of the ministry reflects upon you, and does not negate diplomatic repercussions.

As an aside, I do hope that house Hawkwood does not intend to park their transport permanently over our homeworld. The operators of our defensive network are a little bit twitchy these days, and I would hope to avoid any accidents.

-Lord High Speaker Zdanya
   House Hazat
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EFS PBEM - The Copycat Wars - Pax Galactica, Li Halan Regency (1. regent)
« Reply #253 on: September 25, 2009, 01:12:44 am »

(I'm against off-map cities, unless one was there originally)

--

Hrmph. I usualy enjoy my cousin Zdanya's jokes, but this one is just too dull to appreciate. I do not even consider a possibility that dear Zdanya really believes in there being some Decados' ships over Grail, or Hazat homeworld. Nor do I believe that she can't read the scanner data. T'is a joke then.
Honestly, I could almost believe that you're simply trying to slander my house.

-

So far we have encountered no signs of Symbiot fleet. We are continuing our search. For the greater glory of the Pancreator etc.

-

Also, we insist on having the Eye transports removed from our space. We've said it twice, we won't repeat ourselves any more than that.

(and turn sent, of course)

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EFS PBEM - The Copycat Wars - Pax Galactica, Li Halan Regency (1. regent)
« Reply #254 on: September 25, 2009, 08:52:54 am »

Well I asked about the off-map cities because I noticed Kejardon had built one.  There could be a compromise to it - they're allowable, so long as one never stations any troops in them.  The only way to attack them is with the directional movement of a stack and not the mouse, so there's no way, as far as I know, to right click one of these cities and see what's inside them, so it would basically be a blind attack.  Plus you can't bombard them, so it would be a convenient way to hide armored units if your planet was under attack.

That, or we can just disallow them but allow any that are currently built to remain.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 23