Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23

Author Topic: EFS PBEM - The Copycat Wars - !!1 VACANCY!! - Li Halan Regency (1. regent)  (Read 39113 times)

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Emperor of the Fading Suns PBEM - The Copycat Wars - Turn 6
« Reply #150 on: August 08, 2009, 12:20:49 pm »

To High Lord Gabrielle of house Li Halan

Are you wary of us, for we believe the empire still exists and we are all part of it, or are you wary of the state, the empire is in. We do have our differences and the imperial institutions are weak, but it does survive. All five houses are growing stronger, as we have united our home planets. Soon, time will come, when we can elect a regent and restore some of the imperial institutions.

Saladin, Chief of Al-Malik
With the final words said, the little bearded loony goes back into his cave.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: EFS PBEM - The Copycat Wars - Pax Galactica, no regent elected.
« Reply #151 on: August 08, 2009, 01:16:00 pm »

Lord Saladin,

Our house strongly believes an empire can only exist with an emperor.  We can preserve its institutions until that day, which we all strive for, but until a leader as great as Vladimir rises again, we see the state of the galaxy as simply a federation of houses united in a common cause.  I will recognize the empire when I bow to an emperor.

-High Lord Gabriell of hose Li Halan

Kejardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 09, 2009, 12:22:55 am »

turn sent. Only 12 hours after it was received too... which is good considering I've been in a car the last 16 hours.
now to sleep.

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: August 09, 2009, 05:47:53 am »

Turn done.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 09, 2009, 06:02:45 am »

Now here's an OOC request:
Could each player draft a list of planets they've claimed? (Honesty is not required, I just want to update the map)
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 09, 2009, 10:04:03 am »

I'm willing to divulge the planets I've claimed if Kejardon is.  Obviously if I give out mine then his would all be known as well.  I've already publicly claimed Artemis.

Also, everyone should remember to abstain from the election next turn, not vote for themselves.  Voting for yourself is when there's an AI playing.

And turn sent.

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 09, 2009, 01:06:46 pm »

If we talk about OOC dividing of the universe.
Claimed:
  Cadiz
  Madoc
  Pandemonium
  Midian
Shared:
  Nowhere
  Rampart
  Pyre
  Artemis

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 09, 2009, 01:26:10 pm »

(recorded by security mics in Ibn Palazzo's office)
What-the-FUUUUUUUCK!? Saladin's unilateral claiming of planets I'm interested in really burns my ass! He must be nuts if he thinks that I'll let him "claim" them. And how gratitiously he designates some planets as "shared"! What a joke. This bumpkin upstart from a backwater world, this, this worthless worm, this overconfident, petty chieftain! RAAAAGE!(record ended abrubtly as the mic was smashed with something heavy and not necessarily portable in design)

(An official message composed by Palazzo's PR team)
Saladin, my noble cousin, please reconsider.

nahkh

• Bay Watcher
  • Gentleman adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: August 09, 2009, 01:56:59 pm »

Turn done and sent.

According to rumors, fighting has ceased on Aragon's surface. Nearly ten years has passed since Speaker Zdanya assumed leadership of the House, and only now has power been consolidated. A grand marchpast was arranged in the streets, witnessed by the masses as well as most members of the Royal House. The Speaker presented a Red Star to her brother, Nikola, for his courage and leadership in the battle for Aragon. Nikola was shortly afterwards promoted to Grand Marshal and leader of Hazat military, while Zdanya was promoted by House council to the position of Lord High Speaker. No formal announcement has yet been made at the Imperial Forum.
Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do.
I'm half crazy all for the love of you.
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage
But you will look sweet upon the seat
of a bicycle built for two.

Kejardon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: August 09, 2009, 10:11:13 pm »

I claim every planet. Eventually. :)

I have no objections to anyone mentioning claims (and implicitly my claims), but I don't see much reason to do so just now so I'm not going to bother. Except that I am claiming Chernobog and I'm really not likely to budge on that.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: August 10, 2009, 12:23:46 am »

Turn done.

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: August 10, 2009, 06:26:19 am »

/It was an entirely OOC division.

The Byzantium representative of house Al-Malik has issed this message.

It sadens us that the words of Lord Gabrielle are as those of the merchants, empty in their value and changing as the wind. She has no honour, only greed of the merchants to guide her. Lord Gabrielle, you have so far only dishonoured your house, do not ruin it by your blindness.

House Al-Malik does not recognise the Li-Halan claim over Artemis. It will continue to be the no ones world.

House Al-Malik
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 02:49:01 pm by Mlittle »

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: August 10, 2009, 03:06:38 pm »

To the great noble houses of the realm, the Hazat, Hawkwood, and Decados:

It is plain as day to see that Saladin overthrew the last of the al-Malik nobles on his planet, in cold blood.  We were led to believe this was some kind of rebel, but the DNA tests have confirmed the worst of horrors.  Saladin, masquerading as the descendant of an al-Malik noble, is a sham, no more than a common barbarian taking the seat of a noble house by force.  His people have aggressively postured against Artemis, despite a joint Hawkwood and Li Halan decision on it.  Clearly these people do not have respect or dignity, as they do not believe in democratic principles.  As our regency and empire are based on democratic principles, al-Malik must be seen as a barbarian faction.  Because of this changed status, the Li Halan no longer recognize any claims they make to any worlds.  We now view all Decados claims to Rampart and Pyre to be absolute and unquestionable.  A barbarian like Saladin, so uneducated and unaware of the nobles of our realm, dares to call me a woman when I am a man.  Such insults and ignorance are beneath any true leader of noble blood.

Artemis has now been named Kish's sister planet and will become the second most important planet in our empire.  Our presence there, already significant, will be bolstered.  Our public claims, already emphasized once before, will be reiterated.  And we will publicly declare our defense pact with Hawkwood, should a house come unwanted to Chernobog or Artemis in an attempt to invade they will face the fury of two houses, not just one.

We hope all can see that the barbarian Saladin is a conquerer, nothing more.  He conquered Istakhr from the last true al-Malik noble, he attempted to sneakily claim Aylon from the Decados, and now he refuses to acknowledge our claim to Artemis.  What next?  Are any of us safe from this cold-blooded killer?  Such a barbarian will not receive recognition from our house.  My suspicions must have been right all along - the League have a habit of contracting barbarian states to do their bidding.  With Istakhr adjacent to Leagueheim, these two planets may be seen as one.

-Lord Gabrielle of house Li Halan

Mlittle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: August 10, 2009, 06:46:32 pm »

The Byzantium representative of house Al-Malik has issued this message.

The Li-Halan would launch a slander attack on another noble without providing a single proof. Have denied the existence of empire, just to change their mind and now use them as the base for their slander. And now you have brough up the democratic principles, to what purpose, to overthrow the nobles and make room for the terror of the masses?

We have aggressively postured against Artemis?
We have just politely asked you, why we were we not included in the talks regarding the planet Artemis. Next we have pointed out that it would be beneficial to the agreement to involve all the parties. What we got in response, can be narrowed down to, get lost, you do not matter. Wrapped in a lot of words and contradicitons as is your way. Seems, Li-Halan are willing to say anything and support any position, as long as it sates their greed for planets.

We are supposed to be five noble houses The last remnants of the old empire. Very few solid rules exist now and it is only by acknowledging and respecting each other that we hold it together. That we stay above the chaos that has spread through the rest of the universe. You have both ignored and disrespected us. Guess you do not need the rest of us, as you already have your own little empire.

The very words of Li-Halan:
Artemis has now been named Kish's sister planet and will become the second most important planet in our empire.  Our presence there, already significant, will be bolstered.  Our public claims, already emphasized once before, will be reiterated.  And we will publicly declare our defense pact with Hawkwood, should a house come unwanted to Chernobog or Artemis in an attempt to invade they will face the fury of two houses, not just one.

Finally you throw away your mask and show your true face, Lord Gabrielle, or should I say, Emperor Gabrielle.

More slander from Li-Halan:
We hope all can see that the barbarian Saladin is a conquerer, nothing more.  He conquered Istakhr from the last true al-Malik noble, he attempted to sneakily claim Aylon from the Decados, and now he refuses to acknowledge our claim to Artemis.  What next?  Are any of us safe from this cold-blooded killer?  Such a barbarian will not receive recognition from our house.  My suspicions must have been right all along - the League have a habit of contracting barbarian states to do their bidding.  With Istakhr adjacent to Leagueheim, these two planets may be seen as one.

Again you speak without proof, speaking about what happened on Istakhr. The tribes were united under Saladin, making him Chief of Chiefs. And Aylon, we did not claim it in any way, we only took a city from the rebels. Which we made public, as soon as another house showed interest in the planet. There were some complications as we could not let a threat to our people's life slip by and now we have two cities there and rather lost as to, what to do with them. Unlike you, we have not claimed any planets except Istakhr as our own. It is you, who is carving up the universe, like it's a pig ready for slaughter. If the future is kind to us and proper authority is established over new planets, we will of course name them as part of the house Al-Malik. Do not call us part of the League, as it is only you, who acts like them.

House Al-Malik

Kebooo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: August 10, 2009, 07:03:22 pm »

Barbarian Lord Saladin,

What point was there to involve you in talks with Artemis?  It was originally agreed upon to be a Hawkwood world.  The Li Halan and Hawkwood agreed to this.  No negotiation with you would have overruled our democratic decision.  You at no time expressed any interest in it.  Ten years after our assigning it, now you want to negotiate?  I think not, these are not the ways of the empire.  You shame the name of Vladimir.  You have called my house part of the league, flinging the first outright accusation, and for such a great insult your house is clearly not noble.  Our DNA tests would probably be thrown out by such a dishonest people anyway.

You do not respect the mandate of another house, so we shall not respect yours.  Pointless negotiations are nothing but pointless, Artemis is the only world in the known universe that has three houses equal distance to it.  The Hawkwood and Li Halan are two.  You are one.  Two overruled one without needing to seek your input.  It saddens me that the Li Halan must explain democratic principles to the al-Malik.  If you had had an interest in Artemis, a planet that any intelligent leader would have seen as going to the Hawkwood and Li Halan for obvious strategic and expansion reasons, you would have mentioned it to us at one point or another.  Or do you only deal in secrecy, ready to inflame tensions?  Just like you secretly landed on Aylon?  We thought Aylon may have been an honest mistake in your secret militarization and inflaming of tensions, but it is now clear this is how your people conduct themselves.  These are despicable and cowardly acts, not fit for a noble.

-High Lord Gabrielle of house Li Halan

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 23